Hope For The Future!

dizman

As the title says, lets all type what we hope is coming in the future for Macross toys. My prediction, hopefully for the 25th anniversary Yamato will release a 1/48 VF-1S TV version that comes with the correct stickers and 2 pilots (color correct Roy and Hikaru). Also hopefully yamato will release a 1/1000 scale TV version SDF-1. Heres to hoping.

In "Graham's sig" someone suggested a Soul of Chogokin VF-1...

Is that even remotely possible? I really dig the idea.

But, truth be told, I'll agree that what we need the most is a new SDF-1. Wave's die-cast SDF1 hasn't been well received (and it's not even out yet). Plus, it's the DYRL version. I guess we could really use a new TV SDF1. Hell, it will happen. It's just a matter of time.

In "Graham's sig" someone suggested a Soul of Chogokin VF-1...

Is that even remotely possible? I really dig the idea.

But, truth be told, I'll agree that what we need the most is a new SDF-1. Wave's die-cast SDF1 hasn't been well received (and it's not even out yet). Plus, it's the DYRL version. I guess we could really use a new TV SDF1. Hell, it will happen. It's just a matter of time.

Well recieved by whom? A bunch of internet speculators who haven't even seen the model yet complaining about the legs being too small?

These are the same people who complained about vader's hands being too small.

Well recieved by whom? A bunch of internet speculators who haven't even seen the model yet complaining about the legs being too small?

These are the same people who complained about vader's hands being too small.

What Vader hands? (Interested, as I collect SW)

As for Wave's SDF-1. I like it myself, but am hoping the apparent lack of detail is due to the amount of die-cast used. I'm hoping it's a HEAVY toy. I don't mind the size, actually.

My guess would be that it would be in the region of M+ and M0 variants, probably VFX2 series namely:

1) VF-0D

2) SV-51

3) YF-19 Super Nova

4) YF-21

5) VF-11 B/C

5) VF-5000B

6) VF-17 S/D

Hopefully yamato redo the 1/60 VF-1 (DYRL or TV) with perfect transformation for some of the popular variants like VF-1S Roy/Hikaru, VF-1J Max/Millia, VT-1 SO and VE-1 Elintseeker

Edited by recon

As mentioned above, one of us is the "one".

- Yamato will release a 1/48 VF-1S TV version that comes with the correct stickers and 2 pilots (color correct Roy and Hikaru).

- Also hopefully yamato will release a 1/1000 scale TV version SDF-1. Heres to hoping.

- I guess we could really use a new TV SDF1. Hell, it will happen. It's just a matter of time.

- I want Yamato to put the 1/60 Monster back on track

- In "Graham's sig" someone suggested a Soul of Chogokin VF-1...

- Die Cast 1/60 M+ X-9 Ghost Fighter

- I wanna see yamato alternate between mac + and mac zero properties... Sv-51 next and YF-21 after that.

I'll bet on a SOC VF-1, but it's weird as I didn't think that Graham had any dealings with Bandai.

Edited by kensei

It could also have just been Eugimon's comment that Yamato will bounce from the M0 license to the M+ license. I think this is extremely highly likely. I don't think we'll see an SV-51 any time soon though, or a YF-21 for that matter. More likely we'll get the YF-19, then we'll get the VF-0 Shin, then we'll get the VF-19A, then we'll get the VF-0 CF (TV version), then we'll get something new... about this time next year, like an SV-51 and a YF-21...

One of you is a prophet.

Graham

I was gonna shoot the starter of this thread for another boring "gee what's next from yamato" topic, but after graham said that, i'm guessing dante74's the prophet. ;)

I want Yamato to put the 1/60 Monster back on track.

w00ts!!!

hopefully for the 25th anniversary Yamato will release a 1/48 VF-1S TV version that comes with the correct stickers and 2 pilots (color correct Roy and Hikaru).

Packaged with TV Fast packs! :D

Instead of stickers, would be great if more tampo printing like that of the Macross Zeros.

If I had to guess, and I do, 'cause that's my nature, I think Eugimon is a prophet. I wonder if I killed him if he would become a martyr...

JUST KIDDING! :D

god I hope your right

personaly though I'm hoping for a VF-0D (you just have to love the delta)

From all the possibilities listed until Graham said that one of us is a prophet, the most likely option could be either a 25th aniversary TV VF-1S with Fast Packs, or the YF-21.

We all know that the YF-21 is a given (at least I hope so), and Graham's sig has 21 spaces so I think he is confirming the future release of the 21.

From all the possibilities listed until Graham said that one of us is a prophet, the most likely option could be either a 25th aniversary TV VF-1S ....

This is my guess as well. Easiest to do. They can just toss in a set of TV-style FAST Packs, along with repainted Roy and Hikaru pilot figures, and put them all in a box that says "Macross Skull Leader 25th Anniversary Edition." It'll sell.

If Hasegawa do the 1/48 scale, regardless of transformable or not, expect to see a mad scramble for the.... DECALS!!! :lol:

I've been praying for years for Bandai to make a Perfect Grade Valkryie kit. Hell I'd settle for a Master Grade Valkyrie kit.

As I said in the YF-19 thread I think that the color scheme of the YF-19 box is a dead giveaway that at least the three advanced fighters will be produced. Why you ask?

Well look at the colors: Creme, Red, Dark Blue/Black.

Then look at the fighters' colors:

YF-19- Creme,

YF-21- Dark Blue/Black,

Ghost X-9- Red.

The only mecha this really leaves out would be the VF-11, but maybe that is what that swash is suppossed to represent. Maybe once Graham's review comes out we will get better pictures and we'll be able to get an idea if a VF-11 color is there too. In this way they would be creating a unifying box scheme, much the same way they did with the DYRL boxes (all black), and the TV boxes: IIRC they were done in the rough color scheme of the individual fighters i.e. Hikaur, Max, Millia. Even the Mac-0 VF-0s have a common box design, though I'm not sure on that since I don't have either.

As I said in the YF-19 thread I think that the color scheme of the YF-19 box is a dead giveaway that at least the three advanced fighters will be produced. Why you ask?

Well look at the colors: Creme, Red, Dark Blue/Black.

Then look at the fighters' colors:

YF-19- Creme,

YF-21- Dark Blue/Black,

Ghost X-9- Red.

The only mecha this really leaves out would be the VF-11, but maybe that is what that swash is suppossed to represent. Maybe once Graham's review comes out we will get better pictures and we'll be able to get an idea if a VF-11 color is there too. In this way they would be creating a unifying box scheme, much the same way they did with the DYRL boxes (all black), and the TV boxes: IIRC they were done in the rough color scheme of the individual fighters i.e. Hikaur, Max, Millia. Even the Mac-0 VF-0s have a common box design, though I'm not sure on that since I don't have either.

But those colors (Creme/Beige, Black, and Red) are the colors of this individual VF. I think you're trying to read too much into this. The box just uses the main colors of the toy, just like all of their (Yamato) recent releases which use this type of box design.

if the color of the boxes had anything to do with future releases, i'm waiting on the "other" woodland camo valk to be released. you know the yellow one, cause there was yellow on the box. and wheres my M&M psychadelic valk? cause the M&M boxes had swirls and stuff which means yamato is going to make a valk using those funky colors....oh yeah! :lol: