Hope For The Future!

dizman

In "Graham's sig" someone suggested a Soul of Chogokin VF-1...

Is that even remotely possible? I really dig the idea.

Yeah that was me, but to be honest I kinda hope I'm not right. As much as I'd like to see Bandai try and one up Yamato with an even better VF-1, at this point I'm so invested in 1/48s (currently have 6) the idea of something better coming out and having to start over is a little scary.

Problem is I have a feeling I might be right. The last time I got this kind of funny feeling was when I guessed Yamato was going to make a 1/48 scale VF-1 months before it was even close to being announced. Even back then, Graham was dropping a few hints hear and there, nothing concrete, but I just had this feeling. I had this big long Thread I was going to start, but on a hunch I PM'd what I was going to post to Graham and while he did not confirm I was right, he politely asked me not to post it, so I pretty much assumed I guess right. Man that was a painful few months not being able to say anything. Sometimes it's not as much fun being in the know when you can't talk to anyone about it. Graham deserves props for holding so many secrets for so long.

Having said all that, if a SOC VF-1 was perfect transformation and was about 1/60 scale, I'd get a few to display beside the Yamato Mac+ and Mac0 lines.

I had this big long Thread I was going to start, but on a hunch I PM'd what I was going to post to Graham and while he did not confirm I was right, he politely asked me not to post it, so I pretty much assumed I guess right. Man that was a painful few months not being able to say anything. Sometimes it's not as much fun being in the know when you can't talk to anyone about it. Graham deserves props for holding so many secrets for so long.

I've attributed the tight lip as to not repeat an incidence of Yamato coming down on us. After the She-who-must-not be-named fiasco we've been in the doghouse for some time.

so after the 19 is released, then we get the 0A Shin next right? And the gbp will happen roughly concurrently to that? So then we should probably get something new in the Mac + line. As much as I think it will be a 21, thats a total new mold. Wouldnt it make more sense to do some vairent on the 19? That way they reuse the mold, we all still buy it, and the 21 has more time to come out.

I want a VF-19A Ravens scheme, but wid a twist.

I recognise that it's not the best shade of blue to have on a valk.

I would suggest a darker blue, not too much darker though, something very akin to the VF-0D in Macross Zero. That would be perfect.

I think Yamato will do multiple VF-0 and YF-19 variants before starting on a YF-21, so I'm guessing at least two years before we see anything new VF wise. IMO We'll see plenty of accssories untill then.

This year we got (just what I remember):

Reissues:

1) VF-1A Hikaru

2) VF-1A Max

New Paint Schemes

1) GBPII

2) VF-1A LVII

3) VF-1J Strike Stealth Special Set (and individual parts)

4) VF-1A Hayao

5) VF-1A Angelbirds

New Products

1) VF-0S

2) VF-0A (with improvements over 0S)

3) YF-19

Next year it looks like we'll get:

New Paint Schemes

1) VF-0A Shin

2) GBPIII

3) VF-0 Ghost Kit II

New Products

1) YF-19 Accessory Kit

2) VF-0 Ghost Kit

From what I can gather... there's a lot more left to come next year that we don't know about yet.

OMG.. yeah imagine with all those LEDs built-in the PG Valk... *drool*.. :rolleyes:

Just take a second and really imagine the PG Valk. Inner skeleton, easily customizable...hell they could steal an idea from banpresto and add different heads so you could have a 1S or a 1J, even a 1A. And the articulation, along with the fast packs...damn I want one so bad! Finally, a truly decent variable Macross model could be made. They could even throw in a Launch Arm for display! I haven't even started visualizing PG GBP armor! Bandai needs to get with it and make a new Macross product, it's been to long and they could show Yamato how it's done!

I want Yamato to put the 1/60 Monster back on track.

Man if this is true, I'm gonna be sooo happy. The 1/60 Konig is a giant turd. I want my MK II Monster!

And since its not going to be transformable, I wouldn't expect it to cost much more than the Quedlun Rau. Awesome.

*Crosses fingers*

yeah, i was just about to say....i remember seeing pics of it back in the day and it was freakin HUGE to say the least. just guessing but i think it would be about the size of a coffee table...alteast thats the only thing you'd be able to display it on. :lol:

while i'd love to have it, it just doesn't seem worth it. the shipping alone from HK would be probably be around $75-$100(i haven't a clue, i'm totally guessing) and if that isn't enough, just imagine if the thing arrived broken? thats another $75-$100 for the buyer to send it back, then the seller would have to eat the cost of shipping out the replacement....i can't see too many vendors wanting to sell this toy, atleast not to the US market. if you go into the store and pick up it, cool.....but shipping it, hells no, it would be a total nightmare for them.

Well I will probably get whatever Yamato decides to produce.

As for differences in the tv versus movie 1S, what are they? I think the only differences would be the pilots and the fast packs. Are there any others that I might be missing?

As for future projects, maybe the Valks from Macross 7. I would like to get both versions of that VF-19 and maybe a VF-17.

yeah, i was just about to say....i remember seeing pics of it back in the day and it was freakin HUGE to say the least. just guessing but i think it would be about the size of a coffee table...alteast thats the only thing you'd be able to display it on. :lol:

while i'd love to have it, it just doesn't seem worth it. the shipping alone from HK would be probably be around $75-$100(i haven't a clue, i'm totally guessing) and if that isn't enough, just imagine if the thing arrived broken? thats another $75-$100 for the buyer to send it back, then the seller would have to eat the cost of shipping out the replacement....i can't see too many vendors wanting to sell this toy, atleast not to the US market. if you go into the store and pick up it, cool.....but shipping it, hells no, it would be a total nightmare for them.

Here's a pic of the 1/60 MKII Monster.

IPB Image

I guess you're right and the shipping would cost the same as a small car. Although this is about as big as a small car.

EDIT* forgot to insert the picture. :ph34r:

Edited by Dante74

Well I will probably get whatever Yamato decides to produce.

As for differences in the tv versus movie 1S, what are they? I think the only differences would be the pilots and the fast packs. Are there any others that I might be missing?

As for future projects, maybe the Valks from Macross 7. I would like to get both versions of that VF-19 and maybe a VF-17.

Well, as far as my knowledge goes with TV vs. Dyrl the differences are that the tv version has lighter colors, different paint schemes on the arms, different pilot colors, and greenish fast packs without the cannon. Thats about all I think.

With all the supports under the pre-production resin model I wonder how well the production monster would have stood?

The total weight and the ability to support itself may have stopped development.

If produced... I would fly to Japan and bring it back as luggage.

Here's a pic of the 1/60 MKII Monster.

I guess you're right and the shipping would cost the same as a small car. Although this is about as big as a small car.

EDIT* forgot to insert the picture. :ph34r:

Yeah... I missed the "fiasco". I know MW was on Yamato's black list for a while, but never knew why. To this day I'm still curious as to what happened, but figure it's better to let sleeping dogs lie.

No reason why someone can't PM us and let us know what that was all about...

"Let sleeping dogs lie" guys.

I would like a subtle clue though, as in how many releases are planned for next year, and also what series they are from etc, no specifics. I just want to plan my finances.

But we'll have to make do with not knowing.

[Random Rant] I wish though that they would bring out the Super VF-1J Hikaru', Max and Millia's again. I just want a couple of Hikaru's, and have the Max and Millia's as buying time for me as I don't need any. This will make other people happy while stopping my own bloody PM box from people who know I have 7 of each and give me lowball offers on them. :rolleyes: Worst of all, when I politely say no, they get rude and upset, and send smartarse PMs back. Some people really need to get a life. I don't complain that I don't have an awesome foursome collection of Low Vis v1. to properly fill out my collection, I just have to make do with two. [/Random Rant]

Edited by kensei

Just take a second and really imagine the PG Valk. Inner skeleton, easily customizable...hell they could steal an idea from banpresto and add different heads so you could have a 1S or a 1J, even a 1A. And the articulation, along with the fast packs...damn I want one so bad! Finally, a truly decent variable Macross model could be made. They could even throw in a Launch Arm for display! I haven't even started visualizing PG GBP armor! Bandai needs to get with it and make a new Macross product, it's been to long and they could show Yamato how it's done!

Apologies to any Gundam fans out there, but if Bandai produced the VF-1 in MG or PG scale, it'll totally smoke the Gundams. I have a suspicious feeling that they don't want to risk the Gundam modelling franchise by producing a better mecha.

We'll get plenty of Gundam Seeds (and now a MG custom green GM sniper) but alas we'll never see the VF-1s :(

Apologies to any Gundam fans out there, but if Bandai produced the VF-1 in MG or PG scale, it'll totally smoke the Gundams. I have a suspicious feeling that they don't want to risk the Gundam modelling franchise by producing a better mecha.

We'll get plenty of Gundam Seeds (and now a MG custom green GM sniper) but alas we'll never see the VF-1s :(

heh, I don't know about that. The PG kits really play to all the gimmicky features found in gundams. all the little vents and flaps and what not. Valks are pretty straightforward in comparison, though I suppose the more recent valks like the yf-19/21 have their share of little hidden details that could work well.

I think the armor kits though, the super/strike and bgp would be where a PG kit could really shine.

Wow! That must be it! You're a genius!!! :lol:

Couldn't Yamato just do what Hot Toys does and develop the 1/60 scale Monster as a fully-prepainted, snap-together, "kit?" Since it doesn't transform, there shouldn't be as many moving parts to worry about.

I understand selling and packaging it as a kit will also result in lower customs duties in some jurisdictions (?).

Hot Toys has done really well with this strategy, particularly with the suspiciously Monster-looking ED-209.

Wow! That must be it! You're a genius!!! :lol:

Haha yeah it does sound kinda silly huh? :p I guess this thread "Hope For the Future" is pretty much free-for-all comments haha

I do hope Bandai come up with some new designs and not just reissue the Imai/Arai. The Hasegawas require too much effort for a novice like me ^_^

I think when people mention they want a MG or PG Valkyrie, they want something of that quality. It doesn't necessarily need to be under Bandai's MG/PG banner. Besides even if Bandai feared this they could put the VF-1 under their R3 line, which is exclusive for robots from the 80's anyway.