Hope For The Future!

dizman

a PG VF-1 Would need to be at least 1/48 for it to have room for all the detail of a PG kit.

Aren't PG's 1/60?

Yeah but a Gundam is much bigger than a valkyrie. Valks are like 30-35 feet, and Gundams are 60 or more feet. A 1/60 PG Gundam is about the same height as a 1/48 valk.

The real thing is, aside from removable armors, what advantage would a PG 1/48th scale Valkyrie have over a Yammie 1/48?

Obviously the enjoyment of killing time to build the kit :p With Bandai MG/PG there's no need for glue or mass puttying unlike the hasegawa. Plus OOB electronic lighting kit. They could make lighting in the visor, wings, gun and even cockpit.

Along a similar line of argument, maybe those wanting an "SOC"-style diecast VF-1 Valkyrie are nagging the wrong company. Perhaps the best hope for diecast Macross toys lies, not with Bandai's SOC' line, but in CM's Brave Gokin line.

CM's are only just getting started in that arena but they do like Macross and they've demonstrated already that they'll do pretty much whatever they want to.

If they start making a SOC Vf-1 that'd be great i know i'll still be buying the 1/48 b/c they're great.

but to have a SOC version would be awesome. i understand that to have multiples of the same thing is

redundant... sort of, but heck i already have these in 1/55 1/60 and 1/48 so to have even more doesn't

bother me one bit. i say make them. and maybe they can make some of these too

just so theres some variation : VF-xx zentran and the vf-2ss

[attachmentid=38631][attachmentid=38632][attachmentid=38633]

edit: pics taken from

http://www.mahq.net/mecha/macross/macross.htm

post-3216-1165218480_thumb.jpg

post-3216-1165218485_thumb.jpg

post-3216-1165218639_thumb.jpg

Edited by Macross73

The real thing is, aside from removable armors, what advantage would a PG 1/48th scale Valkyrie have over a Yammie 1/48?

BTW, been here two days, and already I hate Graham....

First of all, it would be a model, as opposed to the toy. Other than the standard PG gimmicks (vents all over, LED's, etc.) it would have MAD articulation beyond anything Yamato can concieve.

Here's a pic of the 1/60 MKII Monster.

I guess you're right and the shipping would cost the same as a small car. Although this is about as big as a small car.

I'm guessing €500 total (excl. taxes)

With all the supports under the pre-production resin model I wonder how well the production monster would have stood?

The total weight and the ability to support itself may have stopped development.

If produced... I would fly to Japan and bring it back as luggage.

If yamato is smart they would use counterweights

and if they're really smart, they let you install nails/rings/whatever heavy- as such to keep S/H costs lower

Holy Frak! I forgot that the Monster was that big. I would have no where to put it.

Neither do I,... but who cares :D

Yeah but a Gundam is much bigger than a valkyrie. Valks are like 30-35 feet, and Gundams are 60 or more feet. A 1/60 PG Gundam is about the same height as a 1/48 valk.

Which Gundam are you referring to? From memory the PG Strike Gundam smokes the 1/48 in terms of size.

Which Gundam are you referring to? From memory the PG Strike Gundam smokes the 1/48 in terms of size.

Actually I should know better, I have the PG strike. I was looking at my bookcase and I have the Wing Zero standing next to the Roy 1S. They're relatively close.