The new 1/144 scale Valks by Popy

chowyunskinny

Thanks to this thread, I finally ordered Vol 1 and Vol 2 through HLJ - and they arrived! Luckily I got a complete set from the box of ten of each series...

Vol 1

VF-1A Cannon Fodder (x2)

VF-1A Showbirds (x2)

VF-1A Max Green (secret)

VF-1J Hikaru

VF-1J Mirya

VF-1S Strike Hikaru

VF-1S Strike (Fokker) (x2)

Vol 2

VT-1

VF-1A (x2)

VF-1J Max (x2)

VF-1S Mimay (x2)

VF-1A Super (Hikaru)

VF-1A Kakizaki (secret)

VF-1S Super (Fokker)

I just wanted to add that I can't believe how amazing these little gems are! I may be crazy, but I think I'm going to take a few of them apart and re-build them as little models, filling and sanding the seams and decaling them up properly (like that guy in HK did a few pages ago). I scanned in the 1/72 scale Hasegawa decals and reduced them 50% to get 1/144 and printed them from a colour laser to clear decal film - we'll see how many "no steps" I get to before I loose my eyesight!

I may offer up some of my doubles up after I've tried modifying and taking apart some of these beauties. In the meantime I can offer up my sheet of reduced decal graphics for anyone else who wants to try what I'm doing (just PM me - its a 7Mb e-mail - unless someone wants to host it)

Thanks Master Cheng, please keep us advised of your results ^_^

Hows about a 1/144 Chara-Works Macross Zero line? [yay yay!]

* VF-0S Roy,

* VF-0A CF,

* VF-0A Shin,

* VF-0S Roy with Ghost,

* VF-0A Shin with Ghost,

* VF-0D as chase.

and also in that 1st line you can add in there the F-14 used by Shin and even the CF F-14s.

so -

* F-14 Shin

* CF F-14

Good total there! total of 8 with two to spare for the box total of 10.

--------------

And the next line they can have -

* SV-51 Ivanov,

* SV-51 Nora,

* SV-51 CF,

* SV-51 Ivanov with Boosters,

* SV-51 Nora with Boosters,

* Sara and Shin riding birdman totem will be the chase! :lol: (what, Whaat? we don't get a SV-51D!)

ok we can just have a CF SV-51 with daisy cutter and/or with boosters.

and of course same as series 1 -

* CF Mig 29

so we are one less? Hows about -

* VF-0B.

There, 2 series of Macross Zero. Cool!

Comments???

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

• 4 weeks later...

*faints* I want a step-by-step of how to do this! My skills are basic, i got to ripping up my VF-1S sparey legs, cut em in half and tried to carve the line so it aleast looks decent. But haven't attempted to finish it off. This is just... :o

The need to rip off those boosters and fps and have it normal gerwalk.. It's soooO beautiful!

Working joints too... gawd. *dies*

Thanks Shawn. :)

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

That Super O is pretty Bad A$$! The one thing I would change to make it better it to make the rear landing gear not quite as tell so that it does'nt look like a drag racer.

:ph34r:

• 1 month later...

I'm kinda late to the party here but I just got a box of each release yesterday and wanted to chime in. I'm pretty happy I got a full set of each in the first try. I'll probably put my extras up in the for sale section...

Vol 1

VF-1A Cannon Fodder

VF-1A Showbirds

VF-1A Max Green (secret)

VF-1J Hikaru (x2)

VF-1J Mirya (x2)

VF-1S Strike Hikaru (x2)

VF-1S Strike (Focker)

Vol 2

VT-1

VF-1A Hik (x2)

VF-1J Max (x2)

VF-1S Minmay Guard (x2)

VF-1A Super (Hikaru)

VF-1A Kakizaki (secret)

VF-1S Super (Focker)

That's some sweet skills. Puttying the seams of that little toy might have been a real pain. I can tell he used a different set of legs for the Gerwalk mode. What I wonder is if he is actually showing a different Ostrich all together or is the same toy with swappable legs?

• 3 weeks later...
Sorry to bump this thread, but does anyone know if there's gonna be a volume 3?

-Kyp

The Shizuoka Hobby Show had no mention of a third collection. Reports from the hobby show suggests that the next kits from F-toys Confect (the company that released these 1/144 VF-1s) seems to that of Star Wars vehicles. I doubt we'll see F-toys release VFs from other Macross series. Especially since Yamato has jumped into the candy toys/gashapon market with it's 1/200 VF Collections.

Edited by Vifam7

The Shizuoka Hobby Show had no mention of a third collection. Reports from the hobby show suggests that the next kits from F-toys Confect (the company that released these 1/144 VF-1s) seems to that of Star Wars vehicles. I doubt we'll see F-toys release VFs from other Macross series. Especially since Yamato has jumped into the candy toys/gashapon market with it's 1/200 VF Collections.

F***.... :(

That sucks ass, I guess I better start buying all the ones that I can. I've got a Hikaru 1A non fast pack on the way that's either gonna get made into a 1S or I might take the chest piece and head off my Roy 1S Strike and make a non FP Roy1S.

-Kyp

Are these available in Australia?

A quick check of US ebay none and ebay.ca one YF-21, one Hikaru VF-1A, and one Roy VF-1S.

I bought my VF-1S Roy and YF-19 (ova colour) in a deal off ebay (from an US seller).

But for both my YF-21's i got from hlj.com. I love the weight of them.

I might consider selling my YF-19 if Charaworks gets in and does one...

I might consider selling my YF-19 if Charaworks gets in and does one...

??????????????? I know you could easily get $30 USD for the YF-19 and it would pay for an entire set of Charaworks but those diecast aircraft are so beautiful it is blasphemy to recommend replacing them with plastic.

I have the VF-19A. Back then I had bought two and would have done a repaint thankfully was able to get the YF-19 when I was in Haiti from a guy in China.

??????????????? I know you could easily get $30 USD for the YF-19 and it would pay for an entire set of Charaworks but those diecast aircraft are so beautiful it is blasphemy to recommend replacing them with plastic.

I have the VF-19A. Back then I had bought two and would have done a repaint thankfully was able to get the YF-19 when I was in Haiti from a guy in China.

yeah, it's just that if i wanted the cash... :p I LOVE the chara works stuff.

She is beautriful! I did the same here, but with half FP in mind, can easily change the legs over of course (used 1A hikky body, and 1S Roy for the legs/FPs.)

I had to have one for the 1S with moveable wings, i still haven't tried the mod to swing the wings that were stuck down (Supers etc..)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/lahhh/P3210027.jpg

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie