1:60 GBP-1 !?

CF18

Yeah, those shoulders look ridiculously big. I'm not going to be a big fan of the GBP armor if you can't put it on existing 1/60s. That is not a whine. That's just me saying that I won't be buying it. . . but I can see how others who love the GBP and have never owned any rendition of it will be psyched. I personally just sold my 1/55 version. . .

As for the glossy heatshield on the 1/48 Hikaru 1J. As with all 1/48s, the paint is on the inside of the heatshield. So what you are seeing there is light reflecting off the clear plastic. The only way they could prevent this, I suppose, is by coating the outside of the heatshield with a flat clear-coat.

H

Although I collect both VF-1 scales from Yamato I think I will wait for the 1-48 version of the GBP Armour. I waited on getting the 1-48 VF-1S Skullone until they re-released an improved version and sure enough that is exactly what they are doing. I have little doubt that even in 1-60 scale the VF-1J with GBP Armour will sell well and will eventually end up being made into a 1-48 version.

post-4-1065734251_thumb.jpg

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: it frickin' rules to be a Macross fan right now. The VE, the VT, the Hikaru Strike and now the GBP-1S have all been reincarnated (who needs reissues?), and new stuff is on the way... Life is sweet. :D

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: it frickin' rules to be a Macross fan right now. The VE, the VT, the Hikaru Strike and now the GBP-1S have all been reincarnated (who needs reissues?), and new stuff is on the way... Life is sweet. :D

Correction: It frickin' rules to be a Macross fan with disposable income right now. :D (I just happen to have a lot of disposable income and no gf at the moment, so ... )

Holy CRAP is this good news. 1/48 whatever. I'll get it too if it comes out. I want 'em both. Gimme gimme!!!

A little OT, but can anyone comment on this pic:

DSCN2184.JPG

What's with the Guges and Briarios??? That's as exciting as a GBP as far as I'm concerned. Someone actually loves us neglected Appleseed fans at last! Who the heck is making these, and what are they going to cost??? I MUST KNOW!!!

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: it frickin' rules to be a Macross fan right now. The VE, the VT, the Hikaru Strike and now the GBP-1S have all been reincarnated (who needs reissues?), and new stuff is on the way... Life is sweet.  :D

Correction: It frickin' rules to be a Macross fan with disposable income right now. :D (I just happen to have a lot of disposable income and no gf at the moment, so ... )

Holy CRAP is this good news. 1/48 whatever. I'll get it too if it comes out. I want 'em both. Gimme gimme!!!

A little OT, but can anyone comment on this pic:

DSCN2184.JPG

What's with the Guges and Briarios??? That's as exciting as a GBP as far as I'm concerned. Someone actually loves us neglected Appleseed fans at last! Who the heck is making these, and what are they going to cost??? I MUST KNOW!!!

This is the first I've seen the Guges, but the Briareos is a repaint (I think) as well as the Deunan. I believe Toycomm is releasing these domestically (U.S.)

This is the first I've seen the Guges, but the Briareos is a repaint (I think) as well as the Deunan. I believe Toycomm is releasing these domestically (U.S.)

Wow. Wasn't expecting a response so quickly.

No kidding? Toycom? With a US release even? That Bri looks almost like a painted resin kit - at least from what you can see of him. You're not talking about these things, are you?

Link

Those weren't anywhere near as big as the behemoth shown above, were they? They both look almost as large as the 1/48 VF-1.

hmm.

will it be a kit-only release or a complete gpb-1j release next year? If it's a kit-release, then the FAST-pack kits for the older 1/60's should be released as well.

I already have two 1/60 1J.

All I need is the GBP kit.

well, i need to complete the 1/48 line, too. but no moneys, yet. ^_^

This is the first I've seen the Guges, but the Briareos is a repaint (I think) as well as the Deunan.  I believe Toycomm is releasing these domestically (U.S.)

No kidding? Toycom? With a US release even? That Bri looks almost like a painted resin kit - at least from what you can see of him. You're not talking about these things, are you?

Link

Those weren't anywhere near as big as the behemoth shown above, were they? They both look almost as large as the 1/48 VF-1.

Well, he might as well be a resin kit for the amount of articulation he has. :p

While Bri is a not strictly a repaint, he has a few changes, I don't know if they're enough to make me buy another.

Also, they're made by Yamato and distributed by Toycom in the U.S.

About three pages back I said I thought the legs on the Guges blow. Anyone who has the manga handy wanna check? Could be my memory playing tricks, but it looks way, way off to me.

Finally, there's already three out.

This is the first I've seen the Guges, but the Briareos is a repaint (I think) as well as the Deunan.  I believe Toycomm is releasing these domestically (U.S.)

Link

Yeah, I saw these at the S.D. Comic Con. They have a bunch of repaints already out.

LePoseur, I agree, the guges' legs are suppose to be huge and round not flat on the sides. Maybe these are modeled after the movie coming out as the packaging suggests. It would be cool if they released Briareos in Guges type armor like in book 4(?)...

The box for the Super 1J looks to be the same size as the others and have the same cloud type packaging as the Low-Viz. maybe it's going to be thicker. Good luck to the dealers and us consumers with the shipping rates that that's going to come with...

I REALLY hope that GBP is just an armor kit. I would hate to have to buy another 1J.......But I would! :lol:

I hope you are right about the shoulder Kam... It would suck if you couldn't remove the armor and still transform the sucker.

mmmm....Graham seems to have fallen asleep or something , I can't hear anything from him :rolleyes:

I'd be pretty pissed off if they release the GBP armour only as a bundle with the VF-1J (i.e. VF-1J+GBP) , I love the 1J but mi absolute rule is that I won't buy a the same variant twice .

after seeing pics-Ogruss01walks to hall closet and picks out .1/2 doz pillows> straps them to body using bungie cords and walks around house " lauching missles " at everything while yelling "GBP, GBP, GBP.......""lol :lol:

I'd be pretty pissed off if they release the GBP armour only as a bundle with the VF-1J (i.e. VF-1J+GBP) , I love the 1J but mi absolute rule is that I won't buy a the same variant twice .

fer real. i hope they release it by itself. that way my CF can get some GBP.

well IF it is official then its definitely 100% 1/60 scale.

and how do i know? :unsure:

well being a 1/60 fanatic, there one simple clue that has been missed.....

THE KNEES

you'll noticed the no knee caps in the photo.

the 1/48 all have knee caps and i can't see yamato removing them from the design just for a 1/48 GBP.

by the shape of the thigh and knee joint, you can easily tell its a 1/60.

OHHHH YEAAHHHHH!

i'm gettin me some! :D

*added*

and check the spot between the thigh and the upper thigh?(with the intake) and you'll noticed it has the same proportions as the 1/60. the 1/48 has a slimer less noticeable joint.

Edited by haterist

I'd be pretty pissed off if they release the GBP armour only as a bundle

Guys, let's not be pissed about anything.

Sure, express a preference for something else. . . but let's not let this thread descend into whining like every other thread where a product by Yamato is actually announced.

We do not have a god-given right to Macross toys.

In light of this fact, the overwhelming emotion I would think should be gratitude.

Again, express a preference, but let's not get nasty.

H

Thanks for the great pics shaggydog. Your efforts are much apppreciated. I bet the GBP will be packaged with a vf-1J. I bet Yamato had to make a few mods to the current design to allow the GBP to be compatible with the 1/60. But I don't care. I'll be buying the gbp in whatever scale it's produced. If the 1/60 version doesn't sell well, then those holding out for a 1/48 version don't be upset if one never see the light of day. Yamato is a business "and if it don't make dollars then it don't make sense".

Wow.....that GBP looks really nice. Yes, this is the first time I've seen it myself. The big bubble fists look great, just like the old Arii/Imai box art.

Yes, it's 1/60, as can clearly be read on the card. Also, as haterist mentioned, the leg joint below the hip armor is a big giveaway that it is 1/60 not 1/48.

I have no idea whether the armor will be released seperately or bundled together with the VF-1J, but if I was a gambling man, I'd bet all my money that it will come bundled.

I'm pretty sure the VF-1J can transform. If you read the card, it mentions '3' something, so I'm guessing that it says 'can transform into 3 modes' in Japanese.

And for those naysayers among you, do you honestly think that Yamato is so stupid that they won't eventually release a 1/48 GBP?

Yes, the purple color helmet is a tie in from the squadron (team?) that fly purple color Valks in the upcoing PS2 game. For pics of these purple Valks go check out the pinned PS2 game thread in the game forum.

Graham

just when i thought that yamato is done with the 1/60 VF-1.......

and now.....

1/60 GBP.....

hmmm.....

will it come with another 1J?

my guess.....YES

with some improved features like collapsible handle for the gunpod

tighter hip joints

maybe a hikaru TV pilot suit

lets just wait and see......