Transformers Super Thread 4: The Return

Dangard Ace

Give Bumblebee Armada Prime's big rifle. That's probably the largest caliber traditional TF-looking rifle there is.

For whatever reason of design, they mounted his cannon under arm, so to make it traditional over arm you just rotate his arm. His fist will be upsidedown then, but the cannon will look right.

Don't have Armada Prime. I've got G2, Powermaster, Classic, and Cybertron.

I'm tempted to make a crappy photocomic of them arguing about which one's the "real" Prime. But it'd be crappy.

I did notice his gun looked better if his arm was twisted around. But shoulder interference limits that to straight-arm poses. I waited years for transformers with joints, I'm not going back now.

Wife-to-be (4 days!) picked up Rodimus and Starscream for me. Even she commented on how cheap Starscream looks. Rodimus looks better, but is less posable.

I hate the projectile for Rodimus' gun, though. I always hate clear plastic 'laser' or 'flame' projectiles for toys. They always look terrible. Really I'd rather they make the gun look better without the projectile gimmick.

I enjoy the flame in auto mode.

And by enjoy, I mean I keep going "nana nana BATMAN!" every time I look at it.

In robot mode, I put the flame to the side.

And debate drilling out the cross-shaped restrictor so I can load an old dinobot missile into it. It'd look better, even though it's too short to latch.

Still, at 10 bucks a pop these are nice. I love how posable SS is, though the inability to angle his wings back kind of hinders that.

They can tilt down, but they can't swing back while staying vertical. So there's a workaround, but not an optimum solution.

And yah, for the price they kick ass.

Edited by JB0

Mount Hot Rod's gun as a rocketpack on his back, and give him one of G1 Hot Rod's guns, since his fist holes are smaller than the standard fist holes the other figures have.

'S another bot I don't have. I have some guns that'll fit, though.

Sludge's rocket launcher seems to use the exact same handle size as Hot Rod's flamethrower.

Heh, I DO have the reissue G1 Hot Rod. I dunno, I've always been a fan of the character. Too bad Rodimus went from Awesome, to Whingey-Emoboy immeadiately after the movie.

I now have my MP Optimus teasing classics Hot Rod with his Matrix while my Alternators watch. Thanks for the idea. :p

Masterpiece Megatron is a GUN! I'm super excited.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=113658

So am I. YESSS !!! :lol:

On the other hand I question the fact that it appears only north american retailers, of all places, are reporting this news and why everybody is taking it without question. I've asked my toy source in Japan and he can't find anything about it from his wholesalers.

Its all rather suspicious if you ask me.

Let the rumour be true!... That way I’ll save 100$ because I HATE guns. A detailed tank would be hard to resist but a boring gun is easy to pass. I’ll just wait for a THS or Revoltech Megs.

I now have my MP Optimus teasing classics Hot Rod with his Matrix while my Alternators watch. Thanks for the idea. :p

Masterpiece Megatron is a GUN! I'm super excited.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=113658

Y're welcome. And HELL YES!

My reactions on MP Megatron Alt modes are as follows:

Gun. Yeeessssss.

Tank. Eh. Whatever.

My Little Pony. Hell yes.

How about gun Megatron with a My Little Pony accessory/target dummy?

I saw at Toys R Us last night the rerelease of MPC Optimus Prime. Still the stubby smoke stacks, but once again the packaging shows smoke stacks with a little bit of length to them (just like 2-1/2 years ago when the box showed smoke stacks with a little bit of length when the toy was stubby). Why doesn't Hasbro just show Prime on the box with short smoke stacks? Why the false advertisement?

meh, I actually like the idea of megs as a tank.. I was very curious to see if they would use actual treads and how they would work that into the bot mode... oh well, I guess nostalgia wins out for megatron....

I guess this will definitely be an import buy for me, no way am I spending 100 bucks on a nerf colored toy gun.

even if it's import, if it's shipping to the USA, the seller will require to paint the tip orange or replace it with a orange tip. Similar to the Airsoft restrictions, if it looks real then it'll have to be orange tipped. If Meg does turn out to be a MP5 then I'll just skip it since I already have a metal Mp5.

I would really like Meg as a TANK.

I dunno, a P-38 Megs would be awsome, but the idea of a detailed realistic, but oversized gun is kinda lame. G1 Soundwave was cool because the walkman was life-sized, but Blaster was lame because the boom box was the size of your baby sister's purse.

Ideally, I'd like to see a G1-perfect bot mode that could transform into some quasi-realistic tank.

Wasn't Soundwave undersized? He played microcassettes compared to regular cassettes that were in most cassette walkmans of the day.

Soundwave was the same size as top-of-the-line mid-80s Walkmans, except he played microcassettes. Real microcassette players were much smaller.

Given G1 proportions, how much bigger would the gun need to be so that Megs can look eye-to-eye with Masterpiece Convoy?

Edited by ghostryder

Given G1 proportions, how much bigger would the gun need to be so that Megs can look eye-to-eye with Masterpiece Convoy?

Yikes. It'll have to be at least two times as large.

IPB Image

Thanks for the pic.

A 17" long Walther P-38. Totally plausible <_< . I'm guessing a stalk and silencer won't be included.

MACRAPTRON from TFW2005 did some researching.

IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image

I took some pictures of G1 Megatron with a 1:1 Walther P38 BB gun and MP Prime.

I also tried to "guess" the size of the MP gun mode. It's a cheap mock-up, but you'll get the idea (I hope):

IPB Image

The G1 toy is about 25% smaller than a Walther P38, and if my guess is right, MP Megatron will be about 25% bigger than the Walther P38.