The 2nd Coming of the YF-19

wolfx

Sorry, I don't know the price, but if I had to guess, I would say it will probably be similar to the VF-0S.

As for the planned release date, I'll see if I can get permission to say. Although release dates frequently change, so even if I told you a date now, it most probably would not be accurate.

Graham

I am glad Yamato is going to do the YF-19 in 1/60 scale.  But....the toy has already been done by Bandai.  It was far from perfect but fine for me. 

I would like Yamato to do give us something new and exciting like the VF-5000 or the VF-4 lightning.  If they did something radical like the VA-3 invader I would pass out with joy.  Of the VF-17 Nightmare or the YF-19 I would have preferred that they redo the VF-17.  If they did a VF-17 nightmare that the plane mode was dark blue or black and looked excaclty like the stealth fighter that would be awesome!  Don't get me wrong, I 'm glad they are doing the YF-19.  I am just interested in something that has not already been done as a toy.

410974[/snapback]

A VF-5000 is not really anything new I reckon, the transofrmation sequence is so similar to the VF-1, if we use the VF-1 as our standard of transforming fighter.

VF-17, hell yes it was in VF-X2. I place the VA-3 Invader in the same category as the VB-6 KonigMonster, something new and unexpected that I wouldn't mind seeing. :D

Sorry, I don't know the price, but if I had to guess, I would say it will probably be similar to the VF-0S.

As for the planned release date, I'll see if I can get permission to say. Although release dates frequently change, so even if I told you a date now, it most probably would not be accurate.

Graham

411082[/snapback]

careful graham... you answer one question and you open the floodgates... lol.

QUOTE(Graham @ Jun 24 2006, 03:21 AM)

Don't judge the looks of the new 19 just on those CAD drawings. She's a much prettier girl in the fleash, as it were.

Graham

Thats a big fat cat which came out of the bag!! Some reassurance and morale boosting words from the man himself, the word "new" is enough for me at this moment, i have a feeling the cad drawings were of the initial ver rather than the latest ver. Surely graham knows something we dont, all we can do now it wait for the prototype pics of the actual 1/60 YF-19 to be out. :lol:;):ph34r:

Cheers

Wow, 15 pages in such a short time. Now I can match my Isamu with a less brick looking thing. This my second most favorite valk ever. i'm getting me an army of these if possible! I can only wish....

Thank you Yamato! Now about those wings... :rolleyes:

Not too long ago, I bought a Hasegawa YF-19 just because I wanted some line accuracy next to my CMs Isamu, and my actual Yamato 19 was too comfortable in its box. No need to take it out of the box. I always wished for a better 19.

Graham

411082[/snapback]

Don't worry Graham we know the drill, we'll add 6 month's to the planned release date :lol:

On a side note, I'm also somewhat dissapointed that it doesn't look closer to the real thing, but it's still a huge improvement over the 1/72, meaning i'll get this one just to make the older 19 look like crap :p

Edited by NoSuchFile

It´s funny how , after so many years , we actually get a decent YF-19.

I remember getting back into macross just for the introduction of the first Yamato 1/72s back in the day. That was a major reason for me to join MW actually and in the end I never actually bought a YF-19 afterall.

My only complaint so far is that nasty bulge underneath the whole forward fuselage , right where the landing gear goes, it makes it look short and fatty in fighter mode.

I agree with David that a removable landing gear is preferable to the actual retractable one.

other than that , it looks awesome.

Hopefully the price of the molds themselves encourage Yamato to produce some other variants , a VF-19S wouldn´t be to hard , no more than the VF-0S to VF-0D remodeling.

Geh?! Found this and looked at the release date at the end of the page. Even if it is an estimation, it sounds WAY too good to be true...

http://animenewsi.com/index.php?itemid=9584&catid=245

:blink:

411211[/snapback]

Ha, Ha, yes too good to be true.

Graham

411235[/snapback]

I knew it .....

:)

No fracking way it is going to be released in Aug-Sept .... we'd have seen some marketing stuff by now .....

411214[/snapback]

Sorry, have to point this out: this whole thread is based on pre-release marketing.

As for lead-times to production... go back to the first post in this thread. Look at the blue Yakuto-douga and the GP-03 - they are much closer to production than the YF-21. They actually have mock-up models. They are also scheduled for a September release.

Depending on how fast the company is progressing on the YF-21, I'd speculate a release date of 2+ months from the month of publication of mock-up models. Which could be anywhere from next month, to next year.

Note on magazine publications: the information in them is usually already a month old by the time that they are released. Deadlines for advertising/articles for some magazines are usually a week or three before they go to the printers - which is usually a week before they hit the newstand. (I could be mistaken here, as I am basing these estimates on the North American publishing scene - specifically the comics one - which, FYI, has lead times of up to 3 months for advertisements...)

No fracking way it is going to be released in Aug-Sept .... we'd have seen some marketing stuff by now .....

411214[/snapback]

Sorry, have to point this out: this whole thread is based on pre-release marketing.

As for lead-times to production... go back to the first post in this thread. Look at the blue Yakuto-douga and the GP-03 - they are much closer to production than the YF-21. They actually have mock-up models. They are also scheduled for a September release.

Depending on how fast the company is progressing on the YF-21, I'd speculate a release date of 2+ months from the month of publication of mock-up models. Which could be anywhere from next month, to next year.

Note on magazine publications: the information in them is usually already a month old by the time that they are released. Deadlines for advertising/articles for some magazines are usually a week or three before they go to the printers - which is usually a week before they hit the newstand. (I could be mistaken here, as I am basing these estimates on the North American publishing scene - specifically the comics one - which, FYI, has lead times of up to 3 months for advertisements...)

411317[/snapback]

uhm... cough *19* cough....

:p

One quick question: Will they have FP and non-FP versions as seperate releases though? (I hope they just include FP with the valk)

If the yf21 were to come out around yf19's time (august? that's crazy but I wouldn't complain or anything) I'd be pissed. I just bought a Nintendo DS Lite (impulse buy) so I wouldn't be able to afford it. :D

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

NM. Idiotic post where I thought that the images on those scanned pages were actually the new toy instead of comparison shots of the old 1/72 scale. :(

Edit: Never owned a 1/72 YF-19. So I didn't recognize it. :rolleyes:

Late Edit: I'm just thankful I sat here and thought about how odd it was that the site update didn't mentioned the photos (and then went to check out the 1/72 for comparison) before going to bed. Lest the early-riser crowd spend all morning ripping me a new one for my idiocy! :lol:

Edited by Hurin

Hurin, they are not prototype images. They are photos of the old 1/72.  :lol:

Graham

411374[/snapback]

Yeah, I know, already edited.

*turns red*

Edit: Sorta relieved actually. I didn't want to say it, but I thought it looked terrible! :lol:

Edited by Hurin