I'll Never Forgive Them For....

More retro toy stories. This time the subject is toys and stuff that you had but your parent(s) types or others allowed mistreatment.

You weren't careless or rough with this toys. You treasured them yet the people who had control of you. Screwed your toys over. Each a horrible act against your privacy and respect for your stuff.

Mine:

For doing a yearly spring cleaning that involve my toys. If a toy had any broken or missing part it was thrown in the trash. It didn't matter the degree of the break. Last year it happen I lost my millieum Falcon and the next day this kid was playing around with it. Never was I so pissed. If the toy was broken piece of junk why does this other kid have it now?

For making me share the General Lee and its Bo and Luke Duke figures. In 81 this one of my favorite new toys. Yet I was forced to share Luke with a younger kid that being baby sat. The bastard broke Luke and I still forced to keep sharing and watch the bastard break them all.

For forcing me to allow a kid of a family friend to borrow my rudder crockadile toy. It's been 21 years and I yet to get it back.

The moral of my story. Don't share!!!!!

If you have kids don't force them to share!!!!

If you decide to force them to share then make sure that things are returned in the same condition. If a someone breaks it demand that the kid parents pay damages or pay them yourself to your own little brat.

:angry:

I was at my grandparents one summer and my parents had a garage sale. I had a box of costumized toys. The box had a large gakken blue alpha,gakken cyclone, and a Roy JM. There were also many G1 transformers, a few MASK vehicles, and some GI Joes. They sold the whole box for 15.00.

Still a little ticked about it.

/had a really nice Christmas that year ^_^

Oooh, I've got a good one. So good my Mom STILL feels guilty after all these years.

My fave TF (and toy) was Thundercracker. And Mom knew it. By 1987 the original seekers were almost impossible to find, but Thundercracker was still available via robot points. I had gone through several Thundercrackers over the years due to sheer wear (never broke them, but they could only be played with so many times before they wore out and got dirty). My last Thundercracker had been acquired via the robot points offer, but it needed replacing too. Mom knew I wanted a new Thundercracker more than even an entire combiner team or TF city.

However, that offer had expired, and Thundercracker was no longer available. But knowing how much I liked Thundercracker, Mom called Hasbro directly, and after being switched around a lot, got through to someone to basically order the last Thundercracker in Hasbro's entire warehouse inventory. And so a nice new Thundercracker was my birthday present. Last one in the world. (Or at least, the US) No full-color box, just a plain brown cardboard, and I think no styrofoam. But it was complete and brand-new.

A few days later, I had refused to clean my room, and so Mom "ransomed" my new Thundercracker. She had intended to "gently" throw it in the trash right in front of me if I kept refusing to clean up, and fish it out later----being right on top, it'd be fine. However, several pieces fell/broke off when she threw it in the garbage bag after I still refused to clean up, and we never found them. She had ruined my brand-new Thundercracker that she had worked so hard to get for me for my birthday. Losing the nose gear alone pretty much ruins a G1 seeker's jet mode, but breaking off a missile and a tailfin too?

She still remembers (not that I let her forget) that she's the one that willfully ruined my favorite toy of all childhood, that she herself had tried so hard to get for me as a birthday present. All because of a really stupid idea of how to get me to clean up my room.

Edited by David Hingtgen

I used to have a Voltron ( lion ) it was the best toy I ever had when i was a kid but it was stolen. I used to take it everywhere. I've never gotten another.

It was not so much of a toy, but a book (Macross Movie Gold Book), we were moving from IL to FL, that she literally placed food over the bag that the book was housed in, unfortunately the sauce fell over the bag and nearly ruined the book, I was relieved that the book was not destroyed, and the bag as well as other books took the brunt of the damage.

Each time my mom says to clean my room or place them into storage, I always end up asking if she is willing to replace it after it gets ruined due to her suggestions.

I had a favorite toy: Soundwave (with Ravage tucked away in his chest). I also had a really good friend who's nickname was "coon", because he was known for stealing things (like a racoon), although I had never witnessed anything. Coon really liked Soundwave, always wanting to play with him when I brought him to school. One chilly December Friday afternoon as we were waiting for our buses, I was fiddling around with Soundwave and Coon asked me if he could borrow Soundwave and play with him over the weekend. I didn't really want to part with my favorite toy for a couple days, but I was a generous kid and I liked to share, so I told him it was OK, as long as he made sure to bring it back Monday.

Monday came, and it was obvious that Coon didn't have Soundwave with him. I asked him about it, and he told me that he had gone ice-fishing with his dad over the weekend. He had taken Soundwave with him. Soundwave had, apparently, fallen into the hole in the ice and was consumed by the icy depths.

I never fully believed Coon, and from that day on I never lent him another toy. The bastard probably has Soundwave sitting on a shelf right now.

She still remembers (not that I let her forget) that she's the one that willfully ruined my favorite toy of all childhood, that she herself had tried so hard to get for me as a birthday present.  All because of a really stupid idea of how to get me to clean up my room.

403523[/snapback]

Uh, maybe you shouldn't have been a brat and just cleaned your room?

My parents were rather good about things, and as a general rule, any toy I didn't break, lose, or actively choose to get rid of is still around here somewhere.

EXCEPTION!

I had a box full of Robotech toys. Not a large box, but a box anyways.

Die-cast Spartan, various action figures, the infamous VF-1 for the action figures, some bioroid hover platforms, and my most recent acquisition... an Invid Shock Trooper with an arm that kept falling out of it's socket.

Mom deemed the Shock Trooper broken and needed to be thrown out. I insisted that the arm was SUPPOSED to be removable, to simulate battle damage. Partially because the arms had ALWAYS been removable and that one had just grown much looser since I'd initially gotten it, partially because the shock trooper was a pimpin' piece of purple plastic and the Robotech toys weren't available anymore.

We argued back and forth for a while, then she made me throw out THE ENTIRE BOX.

I had to carry my beloved plastic box into the kitchen and dump the contents into the trashcan.

All of it, gone in an instant. Those were my favorite toys at the time, too.

Many years later I found Max and Zor figures that had escaped the purge by being lost somewhere. Max still had his helmet, and Zor had his gun... Well, someone's gun, anyways. They're all that remains of my once-treasured collection. No Rick, no generic zentradi, no destroid, nothing.

Dammit, I liked that destroid.

Mom insists that she never would've made me throw the whole box out, and I MUST have misunderstood her. I'm not gonna argue the point wtih her, but I think she just lost her temper.

Beyond that one nasty scar, things were pretty good.

Dad glued my Max joke machine's chest hinges back together a few times(this was before the purge). Ditto for Shockwave's left shoulder. Both eventually went in the trash because there wasn't a good surface left to glue.

They bought Tracks multiple times because his hip sucked and his legs kept breaking off.

I think there was some replacing of rubber bands in Robotech figures. Or gluing of waists. Either way...

Seems like you guys had alot of problems with parents dishing out old toys to be sold on garage sales. I'm curious, do you guys actually tell your parents you still wanted your toys, or did you forget totally about them, not realising that your parents might clear it out of the attic one day?

Most of my toys are not really toys but display pieces and model kits. My room's an utter mess which really ticks my dad off. (yet he still comes into my room to try and right the wrongs...i'm quite annoyed by his neurotic tidiness) So sometimes he tries to reposition things, or clean the room a little, and everytime one of the gundams will lose balance and fall off a high place, breaking into pieces. And he doens't learn. Till this day, my stuff can't be found ie: CDs put into drawers, accesories lost etc.

>_<

And just what's with all these touchy-feely 'Waaaa..........Mommy threw away my toys' and 'Waaaa........Mommy wouldn't buy me this toy' type threads recently anyway, huh?

If this goes on much longer, I'm gonna have to break out the violin and start passing round the hankies! :lol:

Graham

And just what's with all these touchy-feely 'Mommy threw away my toys' and 'Mommy wouldn't buy me this toy' type threads recently anyway, huh?

If this goes on much longer, I'm gonna have to break out the violin and start passing round the hankies!  :lol:

Graham

403588[/snapback]

By all means, get the violin. We could use a bit of class in here.

I had a VF-1S model once,

And I built it over lunch.

But one day a friend came over,

After he left I couldn't it find it all over.

One day I visited the same friend down the street,

And saw that he had my valkyrie kit.

I demanded he return it to me,

He said I was lying and it was his.

We got into a fight,

But I beat his sorry ass outright.

At the end of the day,

When he couldn't find any alibi to say,

He threw my Roy out the street,

Where a passing car crushed it to bits.

You can always demand him to buy him replacements. How old is this kid when he broke your toys and didn't return your croc? May sound bit geeky to say you want replacements or to look and find what he borrowed.

Ha Ha ha.

I know I'm having fun with these topics. The experience we all have is pretty common. The first most important woman in our collective lives had little respect for our property. They used it to make us obey and out of sheer cruelty they threw out or gave away our property that they saw as useless. It's one thing to take a property away for a misdeed but its another just to get rid of them for nothing. Haven't adult members here experienced their current women of their lives acting jealous of their collections and make threat against it?

Women are danger to your collections my brothers! She is jealous harlet who will deny herself to you and you from your property just for her own sick pleasure. Join me for a weekend retreat. Where we will rediscover our man-hood as we dance shirtless around a campfire with our Valkyries howling at the moon!!!

I had a VF-1S model once,

And I built it over lunch.

But one day a friend came over,

After he left I couldn't it find it all over.

One day I visited the same friend down the street,

And saw that he had my valkyrie kit.

I demanded he return it to me,

He said I was lying and it was his.

We got into a fight,

But I beat his sorry ass outright.

At the end of the day,

When he couldn't find any alibi to say,

He threw my Roy out the street,

Where a passing car crushed it to bits.

403644[/snapback]

:lol::lol::lol:

How melancholic. XD

You know, I really feel some of your guys' pain. I haven't experienced anything as horrific as some of what you've described, and the women in my life have always been understanding about my stuff... but I've had my dad throw out things here and there that were important to me at the time in the name of "cleaning" and "organizing".

It's something that I have a hard time understanding, why some folks just don't have respect for someone else's stuff. Feels like that sort of thing should be common sense. I wonder if it's because some parents didn't have childhoods filled with toys, so they don't quite understand what these chunks of plastic actually mean to their kids.

Okay, I did let a friend borrow a bunch of my Star Wars figures, including the ROTJ Luke that was my favorite. At some point he either decided he wasn't giving them back or broke/lost enough of them to make that difficult. All I remember was that I had to get my parents to drive me over in order to exchange back all of the belongings we had of each other, and by then, the friendship had kind of soured so it ended up being a last shot hostage exchange of sorts. Luke never made it though, and I never found a replacement.

Edited by Sundown

For me it was generic stuff of parents' friends' kids coming over, and me being forced to let them play with my stuff and make my room a mess after I was forced to clean up my crap. They'd mess my toys up and stuff, but I think I would hide my favorites in advance so they couldnt play with them. Of course when we went to visit the family that visited us, OH NO I couldnt play with their crap or leave their stuff a mess, and if I asked why they could do it and I couldnt I was told because it wasn't right.

But one toy of mine from early childhood got lots of vengeance for all you other guys out there that had parents that threw your stuff out. I kept leaving this die-cast Klingon Bird of Prey ship from Star Trek III, small little die-cast ship, out on the floor. And it would act like a caltrop and my dad would step on it, get pissed and throw it out. But because my mom is awesome, she would fish it out of the trash and give it back to me, and I would leave it out while playing and my dad would step on it again and throw it. He never could get rid of it, and I still have it to this day. :D

Heh, Maybe I find this funny since I have not story of my own

but why didn't any of you guys turn into psychotic murdering lunatics

like kids do nowadays when they don't get what they want/are traumatised by being said "no" to in their life <_<

...or am I wrong and are you all deranged mental idiots about to explode and slaughter everyone :unsure:

I had a g1 octane that broke so it had to be thrown away.

I got a jetfire at a yard sale for a 1$ no armor, but otherwise fine, lost him at my cousins house.

cousin's house casualties: Cybershark(BW), transmetal waspinator, And a bunch of other things with no names attached.

I'm younger than a lot of you guys, so transformers to me held some kind of legendary appeal because I had no idea where they came from.

I think I may have the worst horror story so far but it happened long before macross...

Back in the 70's I had a nearly complete collection of the Mego "World's Greatest Super Heroes" line (minus the "girl figures), The entire Micronauts line and all of the "Shogun Warriors" toys which had been released in the US.

One day I come home from school to find out that there had been a fire in our home and well even though my room was spared from the worst of it, the effects of superheated air on plastic are not pretty to look at.

The cause of the fire?

A faulty electrical stove plus the "wet bar" of a dozen or so various boozes bottles that my parents kept on the kitchen counter right next to the oven :blink:

If it wasn't for parents trashing all your stuff, where would the collectors' market be? Comic books from the "Golden Age", baseball cards, classic toys, etc. wouldn't be worth 1/10th what they fetch today at cons, eBay, and other venues if not for all the purges from all the kids' rooms and attics across the generations. It has happened before, it is happening now, and it will happen in the future (some of you may even be guilty of this at some future date when your kids' crap, to you, become too bothersome to endure), in a never ending cycle of clueless destruction that make those with the resources to hoard these treasures to peddle them at huge profits at a later date giggle with avarous glee.

Had a neighbor we used to babysit.

Lil bastard would mess with my toys while I was at school. He snapped both vertical stablizers off of my night boomer(gijoe TRU exclusive night force skystriker), snapped the landing gear off of my phantom x19, and broke some of my flying fighters I think.

If all that didn't happen I wouldn't be battying constantly to hasbro begging for a skystriker reissue.

I had one of those slotcar racetracks which I had to set up in the attic because it was so big. I had collected a whole lot of extra parts to lenghten it. The thing spanned the entire attic floor. I loved it. I probably hadn't played with it for a couple of months because one day I went to the aticc to do some racing, when I noticed it was gone!

Turns out my dad gave it to a colleague for his kid. :angry:

I still get a tear in my eye when I think about it. :(

When I was too young to make my own model kits my dad bought me a big @ss Revell F-15 kit in these colors. I can't remember exactly but I think it was 1/48, allthough, when you're a little kid everything looks big. When it was finally done I couldn't stop drooling over it. It was perfect!

One day my parents had a couple of friends over and this guy was interrested to see the model up close. The bastars couldn't keep his hands off of it and broke the back wheels right off when he set it down on the table. :(:angry:

My dad closed the landing bay hatches and the canopy and hung it above my bed, but the magic was just gone. When we moved to a new house a couple of years later I just threw it from the top the stairs. (btw; It didn't fly at all)

Heh, Maybe I find this funny since I have not story of my own

but why didn't any of you guys turn into psychotic murdering lunatics

like kids do nowadays when they don't get what they want/are traumatised by being said "no" to in their life <_<

...or am I wrong and are you all deranged mental idiots about to explode and slaughter everyone  :unsure:

403757[/snapback]

Naw. We didn't have the all-important factor of Grand Theft Auto, which is what REALLY causes kids to snap. Just ask Jack Thompson.

I'm younger than a lot of you guys, so transformers to me held some kind of legendary appeal  because I had no idea where they came from.

I was just old enough to get in on the first wave.

Oldest 'bot I still have is Slag, which came out when I was 4.

All because of a really stupid idea of how to get me to clean up my room.

403523[/snapback]

No offense but reading about situations like this kind of makes me wonder ... who was the less sensible one. The person that broke a toy unintentionally or the person who knew if they just did what they were told, they'd get what they so deeply desired. :huh: Again, no offense is intended, but if I saw something like this about to happen today, I'd tell the kid to just suck it up and do it already.

Edited by Fortress_Maximus

wow... reading this thread gave me flashbacks of my dad...

Not because my dad broke my toys, which, he did, along with burning books that he claimed were "satanic" but because my dad too can't let things die... he still brings up crap to this day... from when I was like, oh, 4 years old.