Yamato's Upcoming 1/60 VF-0A

Graham

After a dozen hours of weathering and also sticking the stickers. Finally it came out nice. It's my first attempt weathering so do forgive if it's not like the pros, still a lot of work to be done. ;) will continue take some good photos and put it up as wallpapers together with my VF0S. Yeh....

IPB Image

Edited by ikhii

All those images look consistent with what Hayao Kakizaki said - one upsidedown (right in fighter), one rightsideup (left in fighter).

I was checking the OVA today and it seems it's like Hayao said earlier. The pattern is pretty consistent.

Afer a dozen hours of weathering and also sticking the stickers. Finally it came out nice. It's my first attempt weathering so do forgive if it's not like the pros, still a lot of work to be done. ;) will continue take some good photos and put it up as wallpapers together with my VF0S. Yeh....

IPB Image

ooh, so purdy! does this mean we should be expecting new wallpapers soon? ;)

keg armors? :blink: ...you must be wishing for a tall, cold, glass of beer, aren't you? :p

The conformal leg armors seem to be the same color and tone used on the 0S to me; the minor difference can be attributed to the interaction of light and shadow, and the way the camera balances them out. I think it's safe to assume that when the Ghost pack is released it will be visually compatible with both VF-0s.

:lol: Got me there! :p

Thanks for the pics :) They are the same aren't they :) silly me. It's really nice that Yamato is not milking the mold on the future Ghost parts as in different color variants ;)

Hey Graham. Which way is the U.N. Spacy insignia supposed to face on the VF-0's gunpod?

In Episode One the VF-0S has it right side up.

IPB Image

In Episode Two the VF-0A and VF-0S has it upside down.

IPB Image

IPB Image

In Episode Four the Refueling Plane's spare has it upside down.

IPB Image

Chalk it up to more animation mistakes?

no animation mistake here...the sign on the gunpod bove side are in different direction.

pic one and pic two are 2 different side u see, and pic 2 and pic 3 are the same side.

u just think about the different in fighter mode and battroid mode, u can understand :)

After a dozen hours of weathering and also sticking the stickers. Finally it came out nice. It's my first attempt weathering so do forgive if it's not like the pros, still a lot of work to be done. ;) will continue take some good photos and put it up as wallpapers together with my VF0S. Yeh....

IPB Image

Now THAT is freaking awesome. Wow! B))

how'd did you go about doing the weathering effects? I might do mine if I buy two.

Now THAT is freaking awesome. Wow! B))

Thanks, i like to learn more and do better work actually and I know lots of masters are in Macross Forum that could teach me.

how'd did you go about doing the weathering effects? I might do mine if I buy two.

Well, the tools you need are as show below :p

[attachmentid=37134]

The most important tool is your pointing finger (as show in photo) :lol::lol::lol: . You will need some cotton buns and also any weathering marker to do the effect. I just apply the maker's ink on to a plastic surface and then use a semi wet (water) cotton bun to absorb the ink. Then apply onto the surface of your VF planes and use your finger/s to even the effect. :p I guess if you want the panel lines to come out a bit, then you will need to use a small brush (with controled water level) and mixed it with the weathering marker and brush it through. Use your finger again to make sure the color are evenly spread. I'm sure lots of ways we can do weathering and I hope this helps a bit. Cheers and happy trying.

p.s. Try it on your fast pack if you don't want to start from the plane. TINNER is important to do correction but if u use too much, you may spoil the surface of the plane.

post-3479-1160159613_thumb.jpg

Thanks, i like to learn more and do better work actually and I know lots of masters are in Macross Forum that could teach me.

The most important tool is your pointing finger (as show in photo) :lol::lol::lol: . You will need some cotton buns and also any weathering marker to do the effect. I just apply the maker's ink on to a plastic surface and then use a semi wet (water) cotton bun to absorb the ink. Then apply onto the surface of your VF planes and use your finger/s to even the effect. :p I guess if you want the panel lines to come out a bit, then you will need to use a small brush (with controled water level) and mixed it with the weathering marker and brush it through. Use your finger again to make sure the color are evenly spread. I'm sure lots of ways we can do weathering and I hope this helps a bit. Cheers and happy trying.

p.s. Try it on your fast pack if you don't want to start from the plane. TINNER is important to do correction but if u use too much, you may spoil the surface of the plane.

thanks man,

it looks simple enough, yet the results are exactly to the extent that I want it to be... subtle...

nice work and thanks for the advice...

Hey, guys who own a 0A, anyone can answer my question on how high the 0A's head can tilt up? Cause mine can barely move. I'd try to force it up, but i'm afraid that it doesn't and might break something.

Yes the VF-0A head can tilt up quite a way. See attached photo.

Are you are extending the neck first, by pulling up on the head?

Graham

post-11-1160218847_thumb.jpg

[attachmentid=37134]

Wow, i can't believe you did it with your finger!!!But have you used water or thinner with the ink??and have sprayied some clear coat before??Do you think this could be a good tecnique also for vf-1??

Edited by Gatsu

Wow, i can't believe you did it with your finger!!!But have you used water or thinner with the ink??and have sprayied some clear coat before??Do you think this could be a good tecnique also for vf-1??

Actually using fingers are much more easy to control and I just use water to make the color thinner. I didn't spay any coating and I'm sure it could be applied on VF1. I don't really dare applying dark lines or weahtering onto a white VF1 or VF0S yet as I don't have the skills to fully control. To me, the grey VF0A is a good start and it won't be that obvious if I over painted it. I'm very sure you will see lots of finger prints if it is on a white surface.. :lol::lol::lol: so try use cotton bun to even the weathering. Cheers.

It's very rewarding after finishing it and looks superb when you shoot it outside with natural sunlight.

IPB Image

Smaller resolution and files size for quicker download.

IPB Image

Edited by ikhii

s made a review of my VF-0A in another board and just thought I'd share it here.

IPB Image

VF-0A comes with the same accesories as the VF-0S. 4 pairs for missles, a set of leg armors, gunpod and connectors for the valkyrie display stand. :p

Fighter Mode

IPB Image

Ok qc issues...paint job under the valk is a bit sloppy especiall the part near the front landing gear. Landing gear pannels are a bit floppy and as usual a pain to pop out.

Aside from that, the valk is quite solid in this mode. The grey paint is so-so. Spoted a few smudges on my valk though. :p

Gerwalk

Glorious!!!!

IPB Image

Unlike it VF-0S counterpart the VF-0A is very sturdy in Gerwalk mode.

IPB Image

Of all three modes, this is the sturdiest and best mode to keep the valk in IMHO. Oh btw, paint on the Shin figure is a bit messy. :p be careful inserting it in the cockpit its a bit brittle.

Battroid Mode

IPB Image

First the bad. A couple of the valks joints are a bit loose compared with the VF-0S. The left arm on my valk is a bit loose (I dont know if its just mine).Leg joints right near the hip joints are a bit loose although tight enough to keep the valk standing.

IPB Image

Possability is standard with that of 1/48 valks. I couldnt do a kneeling pose wth it parin. ??? I didn't have that much problems with the leg armors. The magnets didn't repel or anything so Im assuming yamato fixed this issue. Oh and the valk is kinda bare. No skull logo and plane number painted on the plane like the VF-0S. You have to apply the basic stickers yourself.

With VF-0S

IPB Image

Hmm comparing the two paint application, joint tightness and sturdiness goes to the VF-0S. It seems Yamato did little to improve the qc problems of the VF-0 mold and if any they created new problems for the valk.

IPB Image

The VF-0A has a sleek design which is quite impressive IMHO. The gray paint scheme would have worked even better if not for the slight smudges and paint problems found under the valk. Dont get me wrong though. Despite the said flaws its still a good toy. Its show accurate and a must have for die-hard Macross fans. However if you're planning to buy a valk worth your money I suggest you guys go for the 1/48 VF-1 types to be safe.

Me, Im quite happy with it. It could have been better but the Macross fanatic in me compelled me to get this one. ;D

i finally got my first zero valk yesterday and i must say i'm truly impressed with it. everything on mine is near perfect and the new transformation design totally blew my mind! the only thing that bothers me is the super fragile antenna on the nose(i just took it off and put it away), and i wish the feet had a few more 'clicks' for more poseability. i could go on and on about this bird but i won't bore you with it, i'll just say its the shiznit.

all in all this is the first time in a long time i felt i got my monies worth from yamato. all the tampo printing alone(especially the HUD) made this purchase worth it. for those who are on the fence about picking up a zero valk, i can say with 100% certainy, you won't be disappointed in the least. bravo yamato, bravo! B))

I got my vf-0a two days ago from neova.

It's the closest thing to a low vis you'll get... it looked so similar at first glance that I just packed away my low vis 1 for the sake of it's condition. I'm mass happy with the paint job as it definitely looks like a real

As haterist is happy, I think most of "wait for the second release" guys will be just as happy... the first vf-0s is not much different than the vf-0a.... The shoulders of both (for mine at least), are at about the same looseness and I actually like my vf-0s better for it's complete tampo printing... The knee and elbows are a bit tighter but my vf-0s can do any of the poses my vf-0a can do...

I say jump on the band wagon for anyone not on it already. BOTH are the shiznit.

Haterist, Great news that you got a good Valk.

Was that a second release VF-0S? Whose website did you order from?

i still haven't gotten the 0S and theres no 2nd release out as of yet. but when it does comes out, you best believe i'm buying that badboy, the zero valk is off the hizzle! B))

i got the VF-0A and VF-1A AB from Neova, i get all my macross goodies from him.

I will get this sucker eventually. I got a wave to of the 0s and it;s pretty good. I belive they fixed the qc control inthe secodn wave. everything is tight. i don't have the issues other people seem to have. i am going to use this sucker for the *hopefully* evntual reactiv earmor release. I need to get a gpb for the 1/48 roy i have. i think i'll get that next month.

I got my VF-0A today and this guy is spectacular, one thing..................... Back to the Future!!!!!

OK I am frigging retarded, my VF-0A backpack is floppy and unlike the Vf-1 I don't see the flip-clip to hold it up, what am I missing? Anyone ot a top-down picture of their VF-0A or S that shows how the back-pack clips? I know I am missing something simple but the manual doesn't show it, and I just can't seem to find it....

Backback should be super tight on the vF-0A as Yamato really improved the hinge. In battroid mode, it should sit flush against the backplate with no floppiness.

There is a trick to it though, which is difficult to describe, especially as I don’t have the toy in front of me at the moment.

Basically, you have to angle out the part at the bottom of the backplate, then push up the hinge arm, until it locks ito place.

I’ll try to take some pics later.

I’m really impressed by the improved backpack and knee and arm swivel joints on both my VF-0A.

Graham

I got my VF-0A today and this guy is spectacular, one thing..................... Back to the Future!!!!!

OK I am frigging retarded, my VF-0A backpack is floppy and unlike the Vf-1 I don't see the flip-clip to hold it up, what am I missing? Anyone ot a top-down picture of their VF-0A or S that shows how the back-pack clips? I know I am missing something simple but the manual doesn't show it, and I just can't seem to find it....

or...prolly you got the 0S and retardedly thought that it was an 0A... :lol:

just j/k