Yamato's Upcoming 1/60 VF-0A

Graham

Those are alternate squdron insignias. It's was actually the first F-14 squadron VF-1 Wolfpack. As for the stickers, they just go in place of the skull markings......can't remember if it comes with the full stripping for the nose though. The F-14 squadron has a long stripe that goes down the length of the nose.

I replied in your other thread too: here you go http://www.topedge.com/alley/squadron/pac/vf1hist.htm

Try a google search for VF-1 Wolfpack, it's always been my favorite Tomcat squadron. Lots of cool images of the prettiest Tomcat colors ever!

Chris

Edited by Dobber

I ink panel lined my 0A and put the wolf pack stickers on it. Honestly... I think it looks friggin' badass! I want to put pictures up, but I don't have a camera worth a crap. But anyway, if you want your 0A to look different and really cool, use those wolf stickers.

Well, my 0A has turned out to be a disaster. Getting ready to send the defective parts back to Neova I noticed ANOTHER problem! So on the one unit:

-Broken tail spikes

-left arm snapped mid bicep

-right arm snapped inside shoulder

and I wasnt gonna worry about it, but since the plane is so bad anyway; The fuel tnak things at the top that sit on his chest arnt sitting flush to the fighter. I could have fixed that Im sure, but Im not going to bother now.

I have never ONCE had a problem with a Valk before the 0's. I fixed the pins on my 0S, so that wasnt a big deal, but clearly my Yamato luck has run out.

Ouch, sorry to hear about that Scream Man! :(

I finally got to open my VF-0A recently and it seems to have no problems, although I was scared poopless transforming it (I made sure not to try to fold the flap on the backpack). Damn that babe looks good next to my Low Viz V1! :D

Hell we could start our own MW Wolf pack Squadroun. . .

• 2 weeks later...

Just received my 0A, and fortunately no major issues to report. The paint application is way better than on my 0S, and the addition of the 'locks' for the feet is nice. The gunpod actually fits the pegs on the arms, and the handle on the pod is not too loose. The only negatives on this one are that there is still substantial casting flash in the auxilliary air intakes like the 0S, the left intake cover doesn't want to stay put in the nacelle, and there are still huge ugly swirl marks on both feet, just like the 0S.

So does this mean that Shin's version is going to come out then?

-Kyp

We think so. Which kinda sucks because my 0A is currently sporting Shins squad number.

GutsAndCasca, can we please see pics of your Wolf 0A? I don't think anyone has stickered there's up with these markings and posted them online.

GutsAndCasca, please post some wolfpack pics. If you need me to host, send the pics to me ;) .

As far as the new quasi-Shin scheme, I still prefer the Yamato CF scheme.

For those of you with the super stealth weapons, try a set of nukes on the 0A. Looks wicked...

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Edited by ghostryder

Yeah, he did a wonderful job on his 0A. I really like the Dark grey tail fins. I'm considering doing that on mine too. I just got the VF-1AJS/0S sticker sheet too for my 0s and I asked Taka if he would be doing a 0A sheet. He said he was but I haven't seen anything yet. I'd really like to do a Bunny scheme but I may do what Ghostryder did and just use my left over 0S stickers instead. Yamato stickers are just too thick and shiney

Chris

Thanks, bro.

I too was intending on doing the bunnies, but the blurry pixelated outline and lightness of the Yamato markings makes then almost disappear on the 0A plastic color. This goes for the UN SPACY leg stickers as well. The yellow an red Yamato stickers (like the "NO STEP" and rescue markings) aren't that bad as long as you trim off the factory die-cut edge.

If you hear back from Taka about a new 0A sheet, let us all know.

You know you can always just buy F-14 Wolfpack decals if you want more markings--several variations, several scales. And the stuff printed by Microscale etc would be of even higher quality than the best "homemade" decals. Scale could be an issue---1/60 VF-0 vs a 1/48 or 1/72 F-14.

What I really wish Yamato would have done is just Tampo print skulls on the Vertical Stabs, and then included an extra set of Stabs with the Bunny on it, after all they are including an extra set of canards with the YF-19. This would have been simple enough.

On another note, Taka may be waiting till the YF-19 comes out so he can make a combined Yf-19/VF-0A sticker sheet. I don't know, just speculating.

Chris

GutsAndCasca, please post some wolfpack pics. If you need me to host, send the pics to me ;)

I want to, I really do, but my camera is crap! I could take pictures but it'll just look horrible no matter what. BUT. Either way. I might as well give it a try.

What I really wish Yamato would have done is just Tampo print skulls on the Vertical Stabs, and then included an extra set of Stabs with the Bunny on it, after all they are including an extra set of canards with the YF-19. This would have been simple enough.

Chris

that truly is a brilliant idea. since yamato is courting favor with the customs community, a step like this would earn a lot of rep and I can't see how it would add much overhead to the cost of the valk.

too bad it didn't happen :(

I'm a little late on this, but I just got mine today.... :D Everything is nice and tight, much better then my VF-0S.

[attachmentid=38576]

Is the fighter mode nice and solid?

My VF-0S was a floppy, retarded mess...so I hot glued mine in a couple of places since I was gonna display it in fighter mode anyways.

I hope my YF-19 will be a different story.

-Kyp

I finally got my VF-0A from Godzilla's friend (it was lost at UPS for a while :( !!) Fantastic toy. Mine arrived in perfect shape, maybe some of the plastic liner got a bit banged up, but the toy was fine.

I love the detail. In some ways its better than the VF-1 (the backpack is far superior), and in some ways worse (the little doors that surround the head in fighter mode seem very brittle).

The arrestor hook is fantastic! The landing gear are far better.

Is the fighter mode nice and solid?

My VF-0S was a floppy, retarded mess...so I hot glued mine in a couple of places since I was gonna display it in fighter mode anyways.

I hope my YF-19 will be a different story.

-Kyp

Yes fighter mode was perfect, nice and solid :)