New Robotech Shadow Chronicles Vid

Blatant piracy is illegal Meh CD.

No kidding, jenius? Did I say where I was getting it? Did I place a link to it? I said I was checking bittorrent. Bittorrent in and of itself isn't even anything that I could check.

Thanks for your WONDERFUL advice. I did not know that piracy was illegal.

I used to think that people were taking it a bit far when they said you worked for Toynami. Now I think you work for HG. :D

And one more thing: you know what we have in a pinned topic in one of the forums here, so don't get all righteous about this now.

Edited by meh_cd

No kidding, jenius? Did I say where I was getting it? Did I place a link to it? I said I was checking bittorrent. Bittorrent in and of itself isn't even anything that I could check.

Thanks for your WONDERFUL advice. I did not know that piracy was illegal.

I used to think that people were taking it a bit far when they said you worked for Toynami. Now I think you work for HG. :D

And one more thing: you know what we have in a pinned topic in one of the forums here, so don't get all righteous about this now.

:lol::lol:

For those of you waiting to watch the new, you can read about the old on anymoon.com (no real pics because I'm a pussy). :) Basically, if you've seen it, you'll gain nothing from my newest article. If you haven't seen it and just want to know what it's about, you might enjoy the read. Feel free to point out any typos or to disagree via comment.

IPB Image

Edited by jenius

For those of you waiting to watch the new, you can read about the old on anymoon.com (no real pics because I'm a pussy). :) Basically, if you've seen it, you'll gain nothing from my newest article. If you haven't seen it and just want to know what it's about, you might enjoy the read. Feel free to point out any typos or to disagree via comment.

Congrats Jenius! That was a good review.

Wow, the making of featurette is intense. Remind me "never" to go to a robotech fan convention!

BTW, something interesting I noticed, though it's referenced in some of the interviews, no actual Macross stock footage is used during the featurette. In fact, they seem to go out of their way to show Mospeada footage whenever Macross is mentioned. Perhaps this reflects an outcome of the legalities with Big West & Tatsunoko, perhaps not. But it's quite interesting regardless.

Theres an english manga magazine that often refers to Robotech, they also usually show mospeada screen grabs too. maybe there is someting in it. They do say though that Robotech brought manga to the western masses. There never seems to be mentions about its true origins though.

Basically boiling it down you are saying that its not that great an anime, and certainly not worth getting all hot and bothered about. Just wait till its in the 9.99 bin at Blockbusters.

Theres an english manga magazine that often refers to Robotech, they also usually show mospeada screen grabs too. maybe there is someting in it. They do say though that Robotech brought manga to the western masses. There never seems to be mentions about its true origins though.

Basically boiling it down you are saying that its not that great an anime, and certainly not worth getting all hot and bothered about. Just wait till its in the 9.99 bin at Blockbusters.

I don't disagree with this.

Robotech was my first real exposure on a major basis to Anime. Sure I'd seen Star Blazers, BotP and some others, but Robotech was what really hooked me. I only had 5 TV channels when I was a kid, and no internet or anything like that, so I just had no opportunity for exposure.

Until Robotech. As a kid, I LOVED that show. It really is what got me started on Anime at all.

Remind me "never" to go to a robotech fan convention!

Okay, never go to a Robotech convention. :)

Until Robotech. As a kid, I LOVED that show. It really is what got me started on Anime at all.

Indeed. But as I've grown older, I've discovered that I like the story of Robotech more than the show itself. Not that the show or any of its components is bad, mind you, but every time I sit down to watch it, I never last more than ten minutes before something else goes on. I think that's why I like the Robotech RPG and novels more than ever now; both lines gave volumes more background information on the rest of the world and not just focused on the main characters.

Why wait for Blockbuster and waste 9.99? Its called netflix and a DVD burner :ph34r:

I just got my copy yesterday, it's not that bad of a movie, the battles are a little stiff, and the character bodies on the androginous [sp?] side. But I thought it was too short, the only thing that really bothered me was a couple of the technical things and the end of a certain object.

Androgynous? The women in Shadow Chronicles all have gigantic breasts and incredibly wide hips and constant ass shots (like Maia leaning over her robot while Macrus and Alex check out her ass.) How could you possibly think they were manly? And I didn't think the men looked girly either?

Androgynous? The women in Shadow Chronicles all have gigantic breasts and incredibly wide hips and constant ass shots (like Maia leaning over her robot while Macrus and Alex check out her ass.) How could you possibly think they were manly? And I didn't think the men looked girly either?

Maybe androgynous wasn't the correct term, you could pretty much switch heads on the male characters and the bodies were pretty much the same, same as the women.

Its safe to say that a lot of us cut our Manga teeth on Robotech.

Anyone over the age of thirty probably saw other stuff first though. Even if they didnt associate it as manga at the time.

P.S whats a DVD burner ??

LOL

Exactly.

Funny, considering it survived being attacked by the Robotech Masters, an enemy infinitely more powerful than the pathetic Haydonites. Its not like it isn't armed or anything and could repel an attack. Of course, that would get in the way of 'telling a really cool story' or some such other Tommyism. :rolleyes:

Funny, considering it survived being attacked by the Robotech Masters, an enemy infinitely more powerful than the pathetic Haydonites. Its not like it isn't armed or anything and could repel an attack. Of course, that would get in the way of 'telling a really cool story' or some such other Tommyism. :rolleyes:

I think he just likes to blow things up in spectacularly stupid ways.