New Robotech Shadow Chronicles Vid

Yeah, the Sterlings are on some Haydonite planet (is it actually Tirol? I can't remember) and it transforms and flies over to some blackhole and sits there and destroys a fleet that is lead by what I think are some sort of bear-people.

At least that is how I remember it. lol

Sadly, I remember it too. The Haydonites' planet, Haydon IV, transforms into a giant, Unicron-sized mech, and destroys most of a fleet with its arm cannon. As I recall, it was destroyed by a Karbarran ship (the bear-people :D ) that flew inside its superstructure and rammed something critical, I guess.

As for this new trailer and RT: TSC, I'll probably watch it just for the nostalgia factor. Before becoming something of a Macross purist, Robotech was my big intro to anime (and to Macross). I don't have high hopes for it, though, although I'm curious to see how they resolve the SDF-3's dilemma by the end of it.

• 3 weeks later...

The trailer is probably a few pages back. Just search this thread and you'll find links. I'd just go back from here one page at a time looking for it. It's not out on DVD, the release will be early in February. No mention has been made yet of HD or "Bru"Ray :)

Yikes. Bout the only good thing in that trailer monstrosity was the music. But then Robotech's score always reminded me a helluva lot of Stu Phillip's Battlestar Galactica.

-edited for clarificationary purposes-

Edited by uminoken

It would be nice if the producers of Shadow chronicels good get that cell animation and CG animation really look crappy together ! :D

and what's up with the sound FX in this series :blink: ? can anyone say "Flash Gordan"! <_< Like many of you guys I have been waiting for them to finish the RT series to see what happends after the Invid invaded, and yes I guess I will still go and get this, but my God! What the hell were they thinking!

the CG looks like a PS one game! I mean really Harmony gold, Get a real budget!

sorry just my crazy rant guys! :unsure:;):wacko:

Edited by agr33

• 2 weeks later...

It'll be released, and I'll bust out my copy of the sentinels to watch before it, and laugh my ass off. Then I'll watch it, and laugh my ass off again...then maybe I'll throw in Space Gandam V for good measure.

It'll be released, and I'll bust out my copy of the sentinels to watch before it, and laugh my ass off. Then I'll watch it, and laugh my ass off again...then maybe I'll throw in Space Gandam V for good measure.

or you'll go watch it, find you enjoyed it, then kill yourself to regain you honor. :)

Edited by anime52k8

how did it win ?

"Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles has been awarded Best Animated Sci-Fi Feature by the 2006 International Horror & Sci-Fi Film Festival!"

available the 6th of February on DVD.

Its so great its going straight to the rental section! :lol:

how did it win ?

"Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles has been awarded Best Animated Sci-Fi Feature by the 2006 International Horror & Sci-Fi Film Festival!"

available the 6th of February on DVD.

Its so great its going straight to the rental section! :lol:

I read somewhere there was only "one" entry for "Best Animated Sci Fi Feature" by the 2006 International Horror & Sci-Fi Film Festival.

I may as well rent a copy of "The Last Starfighter", or watch "Transformers: Cybertron" on VOD (video on demand).

I read somewhere there was only "one" entry for "Best Animated Sci Fi Feature" by the 2006 International Horror & Sci-Fi Film Festival.

We said that earlier in this thread. Just like it being show during the Cannes Festival.....as in the Cannes Marketplace, which is venue for license buyers and not necessarily part of the actual competition.

I don't get the continuity...is this after the New Generation? I thought the Invid were defeated at the end of New Gen. But they seem to be showing the Mars Base invasion again.

From what I gather Shadow Chronicles begins with the return of the majority of the REF which is concurrent with the battle we saw at the end of the New Generation (it was the REF's return with Shadow Fighters that instigated the last two major battles). So, the first big battle in the Shadow Chronicles will actually be the battle we already saw at the end of the original Robotech series.

Yeah, I watched that last night. I will say that my opinion of the movie has changed. First I thought it was just bad CG, now I think it's Totally Spies with bad CG!

Am I suppose to get that reference or do I have to be somekind of uber-nerd?

No, you just have to flip past the Cartoon Network every so often. Totally spies is one in a current trend of american shows animated in Korea using a "mock" anime style. Go look it up on Youtube.

Perhaps they should include one of those mini-hand sized keyboards that you find in dollar stores (with the numbered keys) and the numbered combination to play the robotech theme on for those who remian nostalgic for it...

I'm actually pretty surprised, from the random tidbits I'd caught from people who had seen it they all seemed generally impressed with the music (if nothing else). I haven't heard enough of it to comment myself. I will say that I did receive a free copy of the RT soundtrack at some point and it's pretty painful listening. I did like it during the actual show though, it's one of the things the people at HG actually did well to tie the three different series together (IMHO).

PS - there is no such thing as a "mock" anime style, the idea itself strikes me as pretentious. It may be a "new" style, it may be overly-stylized, but mock? That requires an actual concrete definition of what anime style is and try finding one definition and going through the decades of anime and applying it... it'll never work. Then, once you have this impossible to obtain definition you'd have to come up with a concrete reason on how newer shows fail to accomplish this. Perhaps we could just deem it "Korean new-wave anime." :) Crap, I just argued semantics, I apologize.