Warning :1/60 Vf-0s

Hayao Kakizaki

It's not fair to call that a downside. In the anime, the hands do not retract, so the toy is 100% accuracte to the anime in this regard.

Graham

395689[/snapback]

yes~! I open the book and compare with the Tenjin's artwork and the original mecha design,

most of detail is accuracte, even the proportion,

but I not satisfy enough is this time not perfect transfrom... the antenna under the fighter head need to detach during transfrom,

maybe we can rotate it to instead detach, but this is very danger that easy to broke the antenna :(

395703[/snapback]

Ah its just an antenna. Knowing me, Im so lazy I'd probably just leave it off!( I leave off the nose plug on my 1/60 as well...LOL)

Okie guys, its just a small err on my part..dun need to chew me up and spit me out. :p Didnt knew the VF0 didnt have retractable hands. ...perhaps i should rewatch the anime again. :p:) Being spoilt by the VF-1 line ..so forgive me :D

Btw graham, you gots yours? any problems so far?

Cheers

Edited by recon

I hope that my VF-0S coming from toy-wave will have no problem.

Okie guys, its just a small err on my part..dun need to chew me up and spit me out.  :p Didnt knew the VF0 didnt have retractable hands. ...perhaps i should rewatch the anime again.  :p  :) Being spoilt by the VF-1 line ..so forgive me  :D

Btw graham, you gots yours? any problems so far?

Cheers

395825[/snapback]

Speaking of which, I wonder where Mr Graham went. He's been quiet lately.

Hayao, are your Valks coming directly from Japan supplier?

I am just hoping that some of these defects are bootlegged Valks that have yet gone through QC and sleaked out to HK for sale...is that possible??

395429[/snapback]

who know~~? :rolleyes:

395430[/snapback]

Your problem reminds me of the time i bought my Max VF-1J..... lotsa QC problems, and each time i brought it back to change, the 'new' one also had another problem ( two right flaps, etc.) ! Got a ok one by the 3rd try.

So it's possible these are 'out the back door'... especially if they seem too cheap to be true... :p Worse thing was, these VF-1J's were 'fresh' out of a new carton... :(

Anyway, had no problems with the VF-0S at all... a real beaut! :)

ok, I JUST got mine and not that these are QC issues, but, odd choices by Yamato. The plastic used for the hands and the hinge for the backpack "flap" (that sheet that hangs below the back thrusters in battloid mode) are REALLY soft. I managed to snap the pins off the thumb on the right hand and warp the hinge for that flap. the thumb is still tight without the pins, so I'm not worried (worse comes to worse, I'll just drill and pin it), but the back plate I'm still deciding. It could still transform if I glue that peice in place, so I might just do that. Other than that, I have had no other issues except for slightly loose knees.

So, if a Toynami MPC alpha and a Yamato VF-0S toy got into a fight, which one would be in pieces first? I guess that's not fair since the VF-0S costs twice the MPC's price so maybe their should be two of them? Eh, sounds like it'd be a customizer's dream at the end of that battle either way.

I don't get my 0S for another couple months... this thread is definitely hampering my enthusiasm. :(

Arent the knees ratcheting joints? Define loose please. I'm getting scared :unsure:

396206[/snapback]

I think the kneecap covers are what's loose; not the actual knee joint itself. At least that's how I interpret it. In the pic below, they're opened all the way, so maybe they are loose.

post-2290-1146639629_thumb.jpg

Edited by Die, Alien Scum!

Arent the knees ratcheting joints? Define loose please. I'm getting scared :unsure:

396206[/snapback]

I think the kneecap covers are what's loose; not the actual knee joint itself. At least that's how I interpret it. In the pic below, they're opened all the way, so maybe they are loose.

396218[/snapback]

Loose or not, still looks good to me. I just hope I don't get any of the other defects listeed. :(

396113[/snapback]

I've got a huge project going on at work at the moment, so don't have much time to post.

Anyway, I've had an early preproduction sample for a few months, but just got a production version today.

One of the yellow antenna on the tail fin tips was bent in the box, but I managed to straighten it out by hand, without breaking it.

haven't had time to transform it yet.

More comments later.

Graham

396206[/snapback]

396218[/snapback]

I wouldn't be so optimistic though. My VF-1S Hikaru Reissue has the loose knee problem. The rachet joint gap between clicks seemed a little too big. So when it put on the GBP armour, it was kinda unstable to get it stand up straight.

I can't find any accesible screws to take apart the leg to attempt a repair. Maybe i'll post it on the repair section later.

lolz

This is a sigh of relief for me, been overseas with no money to do internet

shopping! Guess i'll have to wait another half a year so they can work out all this

crap with the VF-0... this would have to hurt Yamato. Feel sorry for you guys. :(

Anyway, I've had an early preproduction sample for a few months, but just got a production version today.

396231[/snapback]

Who would've guessed? :rolleyes:

And Yamato didn't even gave the liberty to do a preview. :(

Ah the good ol days.

396206[/snapback]

396218[/snapback]

no, the loose is the knee Horizontal rotation joint, not the kneecap covers,

the kneecap cover must opened to rotate the leg horizontally ,

so u always see the cover down ;)

396206[/snapback]

396218[/snapback]

no, the loose is the knee Horizontal rotation joint, not the kneecap covers,

the kneecap cover must opened to rotate the leg horizontally ,

so u always see the cover down ;)

396277[/snapback]

I should have been a little more descriptive. the loose knee I meant was the swivle joint that gives the VF-0 the A stance in GERWALK mode. I'll probably tighten them with... something. Any ideas?

I got 1 of the 3 0S I ordered yesterday. Thanks Samurai M! I was terrified about it having QC's but I'm happy to report that the VF-0S was in perfect condition. This is a beautiful rendition of the 0S.

The transformation is mind to me, since this first time I encounter something other than the VF-1. It just screams fragile to me. I love the little details, but all those details have the "fragile" price tag on it. I transformed it in all modes no problem, but I was almost poooping my pants everytime something made that popping/crackling noise. For some reason the piece that has the "hook" to hold the legs up in F mode seems too skinny and/but incredibly flexible. I don't know what to think of it. I'm honestly scared to transform the damn thing. Then again, let's not forget how everyone was so terrified the first time they transformed their first 1/48s

I particularly didn't like the arm rotating mechanism(while transforming the zero). It does not look durable to me. On the "VF-1" there is an opening where the arm normally rests in both G and B modes(same position). This opening is easily noticeable in F mode. It is right behind the intake(see pic below), where the wing axis is. The Vf-0S doesn't have that opening. Therefore in the "VF-0" F mode is seamless(gapless) and beautiful, but when transforming it into G mode, you actually have to force/slide the arm into the G or B arm position. That piece of plastic that holds the arm looks like is forced bent into that position. I'll take some pics if necessary.

:unsure:

I love this thing, but i don't want to be afraid of it. A piece of advise: Be very carefull with the nose antena/pitot tube. Man I felt like I was going to break that thing. It comes straight out. Try rotating while pulling down towards the ground in F mode.

post-48-1146677209_thumb.jpg

Edited by vlenhoff

Did Yamato use a different ABS for this thing, or are the pieces just thinner now? All this "soft" and "flexible" talk is scaring me.

I'm still scared to this day every time I have to snap the shoulders into G or B mode on my 1/48s. Now we have to use even MORE force to do the same on the VF-0?

Anyone know when twin Moons is shipping? So many people seem to be getting theirs already. I got my request for payment a few weeks ago but haven't heard anything else. I'm moving in 2 weeks so this may become a problem.

Chris

Anyone know when twin Moons is shipping? So many people seem to be getting theirs already. I got my request for payment a few weeks ago but haven't heard anything else. I'm moving in 2 weeks so this may become a problem.

Chris

396322[/snapback]

I'm expecting 2 Zeros from Twinmoons. I hope I don't get any QC issues. We should be getting them any day now. I just received a Zero from samurai m yesterday.

Edited by vlenhoff

396113[/snapback]

I've got a huge project going on at work at the moment, so don't have much time to post.

One of the yellow antenna on the tail fin tips was bent in the box, but I managed to straighten it out by hand, without breaking it.

haven't had time to transform it yet.

More comments later.

Graham

396231[/snapback]

Looking forward to your review Graham!:)

Yeah if you get any stress marks (probably harder to see on a white toy) like with the VB6, let us know. I want to be extra extra delicate with this.

I hope yamato makes tiny improvement with the GBP in future too. I guess the fragility is a small price to pay for PT versions of things. On a bandai toy, with chunky munky proportions the pitot tube would probably be kid friendly and tough. But I want good details. (ie tiny micromissiles that come out, articulated fingers, no gaps and no "missing chunks" like on the 1/65 vf19 fire valk etc)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Yeah if you get any stress marks (probably harder to see on a white toy) like with the VB6, let us know. I want to be extra extra delicate with this.

I hope yamato makes tiny improvement with the GBP in future too. I guess the fragility is a small price to pay for PT versions of things. On a bandai toy, with chunky munky proportions the pitot tube would probably be kid friendly and tough. But I want good details. (ie tiny micromissiles that come out, articulated fingers, no gaps and no "missing chunks" like on the 1/65 vf19 fire valk etc)

396468[/snapback]

Be very careful with it. BTW, I just noticed that the Zero has double knee joisnts!!! That is an amazing improvement over the 1/48. I'm still afraid of it. I guess I need to transform it a couple of times before I can get trusty with it. This thing looks awesome next to the VE and the VT. It is really a nice production, I just hope I don't break it.

realized that the gunpod doesn't really fit onto the arm grooves out of the box.. the hole in the handle was too small. had to file it a bit before i can get it to fit and realized that the gunpod does not have clearance from the ground when displayed in fighter.

Edited by BlueMax

Really? Looks like the beefier gunpod has its drawback after all.

Do the tires of the landing gear at least touch the ground? ( I don't mind a bit of scrapping) it would be good if they cheated a bit and made the landing gear high enough so there's at least 1-2mm of space enough to be able to roll it on the ground a bit. (maybe have like a spring like mechanism you have in those fountain pens?) Ah well too late for that now. Looks like it will be best displayed in fighter mode flying with stand, or in battroid mode.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Really? Looks like the beefier gunpod has its drawback after all.

Do the tires of the landing gear at least touch the ground? ( I don't mind a bit of scrapping) it would be good if they cheated a bit and made the landing gear high enough so there's at least 1-2mm of space enough to be able to roll it on the ground a bit. (maybe have like a spring like mechanism you have in those fountain pens?) Ah well too late for that now. Looks like it will be best displayed in fighter mode flying with stand, or in battroid mode.

396531[/snapback]

yes the tyres do touch the ground. part of the reason is that when in fighter mode, although everything locks in place, the plane still experience some sagging (slight) in the midsection due to the weight.

If not for the the bulb thingy on the gunpod, think it might juuuuuuust give the slightest of clearance.

I'll try to give a pic when I get home to give all a view of the clearance (or rather, the lack of it)

Edited by BlueMax

Just added my review of the Yamato 1/60 scale VF-0S toy.

Better pics to be added later. Didn't have access to my good camera today.  :(

Enjoy!  :lol:

Graham

396634[/snapback]

Great review graham! There one portion though on the amount of die-cast :

"The toy is constructed mostly of a matte finished white and grey ABS plastic. The only diecast metal parts being the left and right LERX and the front and rear landing gear struts. The tires on the rotating wheels are rubber. The pilot is made of some sort of gummy rubber-like material, probably PVC."

I think the swingbar connecting the legs are also die-cast? Someone correct me if i'm wrong! :)

Edited by GunnerX

Thanks Graham.

Good thing I cracked open another beer......

396637[/snapback]

that sounds like a good idea. Whats your preference? Schlitz? St. Idez? lol.

edit: sp

Edited by LORD KUNGFU

Great review graham! There one portion though on the amount of die-cast :

"The toy is constructed mostly of a matte finished white and grey ABS plastic. The only diecast metal parts being the left and right LERX and the front and rear landing gear struts. The tires on the rotating wheels are rubber. The pilot is made of some sort of gummy rubber-like material, probably PVC."

I think the swingbar connecting the legs are also die-cast? Someone correct me if i'm wrong! :)

396638[/snapback]

You are correct, I'll get that changed. That's what I get for trying to write a review too quickly :lol:

Graham