Display Your Collections...

YES!! just need to paint a VF1S head arrows since I already have a VF1A max, now anyone know the color for the kakizaki? =) thanks wicked!!

It's likely that I've missed something in your posts, but are you making a Max -1S? If so, the Tamiya color I used for mine is totally off the blue used by Yamato. You can see the contrast on page two of the how-to thread I posted a link to.

edit: to keep this thread on topic, check out my b team collection, and note my wm cheng knock-off coat hanger model stand skills.

post-1617-1167888849_thumb.jpg

Edited by Wicked Ace

Yes Sir, just the first editions as noted above:

I bought my VF-1S as soon as it came out so its the 1st edition, and i have never seen this "mole" on mine. Hmm...lucky i guess.

If you stare directly into the sexy eye Visor of the VF-1S above and then let your eyes drift down just a bit and to your left of the center line you'll notice a little white pimple of sorts. That's the flaw that bugs people about the first edition 1S.

Edit - Sorry, the lighting isn't ideal in that picture... I'll photoshop it at a later date to brighten it up a bit.

Edited by jenius

Thanks for the encouraging comments guys :)

I’m just a lowly underpaid accountant.

Not too crazy about clutter so I try to display my stuff as neatly as possible. I am also a big fan of the “museum look†as opposed to the “toy store lookâ€.

I can be pretty anal at sometimes, if you’ll notice that all my Valks are displayed with other mechas and military vehicles of around the same scales haven’t had the time and will to paint the ground crew though. :rolleyes:

The basement is my “de-tox/de-stress†area. When I feel like taking a break from life I come down there.

soooooooooooo...that's the infamous beauty mark on the 1S everyone hated so much... my god that thing is nasty, hahaha, people also hate the seam line running across the middle of the 1S head, but according to Yamato (I read somewhere a long time ago, don't remember), this is DYRL correct

altought, I don't see that seam line on my avatar

Edited by Valkyrie addict

nice.. i see i'm not the only one collecting action figs.. =) I use to have a place to stand them up but w/ the lmted room capacity i was forced to put them in a box.. but dusting them off now..i might have a pic in a few hrs.. hehehe...

btw lovin that i'm not the only one reading KareKano..I use to buy soo many manga books including love hina, haha until i found a site where i can read/get it for free :D

yeah. Im going to get some more pics of it...

and the Kare Kano is my wifes. i read the first couple and sat through His and Her Circumstances (The anime adaption) before i wanted to beat them both to death, and quit.

hahaha yeah the anime is way off...lol.. i took some pics of the xmen collection, took me forever to dust them off.. might as well, since it will be another year or so for me to open them from the storage box. <_<

I have been collecting Macross items for years however I just now got a curio for them.

Soon to be displayed

1/48 VF-1 Clear Super Parts (Fast Pack)

1/48 GBP-1S + 1/48 VF-1J Hikaru Ichijo

1/48 VF-1A Hayao Kakizaki

1/48 VF-1A Hikaru Ichijo DYRL

1/48 VF-1A Max Jenius DYRL

1/48 VF-1A Low Visibility v2 (Woodland Camo)

1/60 YF-19

1/5000 SDF-1

CMS Figures from Series 1, 2, & 3

4 large & 4 small destroids

6 Robotech VF-1 Super-poseables

4 Robotech MPC Alpha’s

Robotech VFA-6H & Invid Enforcer Bookends

Now I just wish Yamato would re-issue the 1/48 Max & Milia’s 1/48’s.

post-289-1168154413_thumb.jpg

Edited by rdenham

This side entry curio is 30.25in (wide) x 12in (deep) 72in (high).

Although I would not get this curio to display small items it works perfectly for large scale Yamato valks. The curios shelf placement holes do not go all the way up the inside of the curio; instead they are grouped in sets of 3, every foot or so.

The things I like most about this curio is that it is affordable at $169.00, so you can get more than one and it has a contemporary design. Too often curio cabinets are very ornate; I just don’t see flowers cut into the wood and etched glass going as well with big sci-fi robots.

[attachmentid=39418][attachmentid=39417][attachmentid=39419][attachmentid=39420][attachmentid=39421]

post-289-1168162796_thumb.jpg

post-289-1168162811_thumb.jpg

post-289-1168162819_thumb.jpg

post-289-1168162829_thumb.jpg

post-289-1168162839_thumb.jpg

Edited by rdenham

Overall dimensions sound pretty good. I think a little more depth would probably help but otherwise that's fairly decent. It's affordable huh? Where would one get one like this and what's the price tag? I almost bought one just like it a year ago but it had an oak finish.

things I like most about this curio is that it is affordable at $159.00, so you can get more than one and it has a contemporary design

Wow, that's seriously a great price! Side-entry is a pain but how often am I actually putzing around with the stuff in my cabinets? Where does one buy one of these?