Meanwhile, I just finished watching the Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Special Edition compilations. Having not seen the series in its entirety, did I miss anything?

Just minor details. I'd watch the HD-remasters on YT. Cleaned up lots of the stuff from the original airing.

• 4 weeks later...

Turn A Gundam getting a nice BD Box Set in Japan.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2014/05/09/bandai-visual-to-release-gundam-blu-ray-box-sets-in-japan

The question on everyone's lips is if the Moustache will have english subs or not? Fingers crossed it will. Come on Bandai Visual!

Edited by Marzan

Wasn't the dub just about complete before they canned the whole thing and shut down bandai usa? Those files might be floating around somewhere...... nah that would never happen.

If I remember correctly it was going to be subtitle release only. Bandai doesn't really do dubs of Gundam anymore, Unicorn being the last.

Went through the entire Gundam 00 over the course of the past months. Thanks for the recommendation from all who contributed.

Nice looking mecha and animation, beautiful character designs and the angst turned down a couple of notches. Might definitely be my favorite non-UC Gundam after TurnA. The only thing that threw me off a bit was the film. I mean I knew that it was supposed to come but

one thing was contact with an alien race, and quite another to see Setsuna F."Jesus" Seiei turned into the Silver Surfer and creating flowers on a planetary scale.

I like the 00 movie, mainly because it pushed beyond the standard parameters of the Gundam franchise.

If I remember correctly it was going to be subtitle release only. Bandai doesn't really do dubs of Gundam anymore, Unicorn being the last.

When or where did Bandai say they would never do subs/dubs anymore after Unicorn?

Turn A Gundam getting a nice BD Box Set in Japan.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2014/05/09/bandai-visual-to-release-gundam-blu-ray-box-sets-in-japan

The question on everyone's lips is if the Moustache will have english subs or not? Fingers crossed it will. Come on Bandai Visual!

I wouldn't hold my breath, looking at past Blu-Ray releases, none of the older titles like Zeta, Seed, Wing, CCA, F91 or 08th had subs/dubs.

I like the 00 movie, mainly because it pushed beyond the standard parameters of the Gundam franchise.

When or where did Bandai say they would never do subs/dubs anymore after Unicorn?

I wouldn't hold my breath, looking at past Blu-Ray releases, none of the older titles like Zeta, Seed, Wing, CCA, F91 or 08th had subs/dubs.

I said unicorn was the last. No where did I say it was never subbed or dubbed? Of course its received the treatment.

But bandai I has been notorious on picking what gets these treatments. The zeta movie trilogy got sub only but DID dub the TV series.

Again its bandais choice on how they release their bluray or future products. Remember how everyone has been shocked and surprised that the frontier movies are getting sub treatment.

Nice looking website. I think Origin is going to be really good.

After doing 00 I've now picked up Unicorn (only UC I haven't watched). Awesome visuals and animation and I love all the little references to past Gundams.

Is it just me or is there a small Macross homage there too?

the scene where Banagher picks up the Zavi girl floating in space reaching with their hands just reminded me of Hikaru and Minmay

Wow. Episode 3 of Gundam Unicorn threw a bit of a surprise for me there. I thought the Zeta Gundam films had kind of

basically retconned the UC timeline and ZZ kind of became obsolete as a result of them. But here in Unicorn, Marida Cruz is shown to be a clone similar to Elpeo Ple? What kind I expect next? The ghost of Chara Soon to make an appearance? Chickens?

The compilation zeta movies aren't bad... just odd. The modern animation mixed with the original 80's animation was a terrible idea and changing one of the best endings in a gundam series to "Yay happy ending!" was unnecessary. For the time being the original trilogy movies are cannon and the zeta movies aren't yet, it all depends on if they want to completely redo ZZ or not.

The compilation zeta movies aren't bad... just odd. The modern animation mixed with the original 80's animation was a terrible idea and changing one of the best endings in a gundam series to "Yay happy ending!" was unnecessary.

Yeah, the new/old animation mix didn't work. But I found that to be a technical oddity.

They aren't bad if you keep them self-contained story-wise. They work within their scope. If you try to shoehorn them into the rest of the franchise, it becomes awkward.

I just don't see why at that time Sunrise decided to skimp on budget. But to hell with that, I'm ready for Hathaway's Flash or Crossbone. A recap/reference in Tomino's new era series would also be acceptable.

So in conclusion, the Zeta movie trilogy is not canon. Just an alternative retelling of a happier Tomino.

And yeah, I didnt like them too much either or thought that ending was any good (the series ending is hard to beat for emotional impact by almost anything). I just thought considering how so many people feel about ZZ that the temptation to retcon might have been too great for Sunrise. But seeing what I'm seeing in Unicorn, it's clearly not the case.

Aside from the inconsistency of the animation quality and the botched ending, Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam: A Mistranslation omitted Quattro's speech in Dakar. That was one of the key elements that turned the tide in the Gryps Conflict, yet for reasons unknown, Tomino decided not to include it in the compilation storyline.

It's ok guys, we completely understand that everyone has different views on the movie and are willing to wait for you to change your ways. Oh wait forget that, lets just drop an asteroid on earth.

CCA was just a reason to have a final big fight between Chamuro and the story and characters suffered for it. At least the fight was pretty good.

CCA was just a reason to have a final big fight between Chamuro and the story and characters suffered for it. At least the fight was pretty good.

You must have seen a different CCA than I did. If there was lots of Sazabi-Nu action than all the human scenes (especially Quess) may have been forgivable. But there's like 90 secs total of those two mechs on-screen.

Even if you're a huge fan of those 2 suits---it's not worth watching it for how little you get to see of them in action.

You must have seen a different CCA than I did. If there was lots of Sazabi-Nu action than all the human scenes (especially Quess) may have been forgivable. But there's like 90 secs total of those two mechs on-screen.

Even if you're a huge fan of those 2 suits---it's not worth watching it for how little you get to see of them in action.

Hey, they got more screen time than the Hi-Nu and the Nightingale did...

Something new about "The Origin."

http://www.gundam.info/topic/10800

It says after screening of UC the episode 7, 90 seconds of the trailer of "Blue-Eyed Casval" will be.

http://youtu.be/x5my_qw4zjc

Has anyone picked up that fancy new 0079 Movies 8 disc bluray box set that just came out? Apparently, unlike the previous 2 DVD releases, BV did "not" include English subs. Just want to make sure that's true, otherwise I'd instantly buy it if it does have subs.