Still no Reconguista love, I see...

Cause it's kinda dull : / it's running like it's got 50 episodes when there's only 25. So almost seems like there will be a season 2 next year. Odd that they've been going this route lately.

I am very interested in this show, but can't say I love or hate it just yet, because I (and maybe for others too) am waiting for the show to have its full run.

A meagre 20 minutes a week doesn't cut it for me.

Hopefully there will be Blu-Rays available for the west, without me having to source it differently.

Reconguista makes a strong argument that Tomino is past his prime and should probably just retire.

Maybe true that he is past his prime but I dont want him to retire. The MS designs are refreshing, yes, there are a few questionable design, but at the same time, there are few good designs as well.

edit:

as for the story, I will wait for the whole show to be finished.

Edited by chyll2

I'm very curious about the direction Reconguista is taking. There are lot of hints that it could be the most

direct prequel to TurnA Gundam yet.

The art&colour palette is striking and the 'artistic' looking mecha work for me. Having said that some of the voice acting and directing is pretty poor though, no question about that.

• 2 weeks later...

My Gundam lore has been gathered from various sources over the years, and in at least one of them I've seen it rendered "Zakurello". In the days before Gundam was available in the West on DVD, I saw "Zeon" rendered "Zion", "Gion", and "Jion". None of these may be official but unfortunately they've tended to stick in my brain and they sometimes escape... :)

Yoshiyuki Tomino: rags on the mechanical design for Turn A Gundam; puts this crap in a show.

trollface_533.jpg

Well, I wouldn't say he ragged on it, exactly... He said that the unusual design of the Turn-A probably hurt the merchandising of the show. And it's definitely true that the plastic model sales for Turn-A weren't great when the show came out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

actually bold statement but could possibly be I think the worst Gundam series I can think of.

I'm not enjoying the suit designs, the characters are bland and boring. the story hasn't gone anywhere to keep you wanting to watch it every week except to see if MAYBE something will flip the proverbial table.

this show actually makes me wanna watch Destiny again.

on the topic of Origin Trailer,

why do people hate the use of CG image or animation?

Because it's not natural to them. Unlike Macross fans, Gundam fans are not used to seeing their mecha rendered in CG. Also, a sizable portion of that hate stems from the Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam: A Mistranslation movie trilogy, which had new digital + CG animation clash heavily with the old cel animation.

Oh yeah, and there's G-Saviour as well...