Japanese Engrish

areaseven

The SWASTIKA predates the Nazi regime by a few thousand years, cultures all around the world have used it to symbolize various things, the sun, life, etc... THe Nazis just perverted it for their own use, and unfortunately since then most people still assosciate it solely with the Nazis. I will stop now, as this discussion has gotten me in trouble many times before, though it can be a fun debate.

See if you can spot the Engrish on this one.

If it's the suvastika, remember that it was a symbol used before the nazis. Besides it's the reverse swastika, which has a different meaning. See Blade Of The Immortal manga.

I think he was refering to the "Shitseeing Bus Stop" :p

I agree with the above post, I think that one might have been photoshopped too.

oh wow... i didn't see crap...

literally...

hehehe

OMG! How in the world did you find something like this? And the prices :blink:

The world has finally hit bottom...literally....and it smells :huh::o:o:o:o

I wish I had never clicked on the link :unsure:

You should put up a warning or something..."Not for the faint of Heart"

But I have seen worse here in Japan.

Speaking of Engrish, this has been getting to me for awhile now, what game is that "All you bases..." stuff from?

I believe it was called "Zero Wing", for the Sega Genesis ( Mega Drive in Europe/Japan ). The jokes rather worn thin now, but if you haven't seen the intro yet it is worth taking a look at. It is, in its own way, a masterpiece, and a reminder of one of the more interesting periods in gaming. B))

The Blue on Top reads "mi su ta- su pa- ko ru" and will sound like "Me staw Spawkoru"

As for what HOmer is saying... well... I can read it In Japanese but I got no clue what it means...

"Ha wa- wari-n" which ends up as "hawah wareen!" ... Again I got no clue what it means.

The Blue on Top reads "mi su ta- su pa- ko ru" and will sound like "Me staw Spawkoru"

As for what HOmer is saying... well... I can read it In Japanese but I got no clue what it means...

"Ha wa- wari-n" which ends up as "hawah wareen!" ... Again I got no clue what it means.

Someone translated the Kana to "Mister Sparkle" (Me Staw Spawkoru) and "Hakuu Clean" (Hawah Wareen) so that sounds about right.

So what's Hakuu/Hawah mean?

Vostok 7

It's kinda hard to tell if it's a "ku" or a "wa" in Katakana. The way it is written in the ad makes it hard to tell :p.

Æ’ -wa

Æ’N -ku

The characters look more like a "wa" to me, but judging by the way "ri" was written it may be "ku" ;p

*shrug*

@

• 2 weeks later...
The SWASTIKA predates the Nazi regime by a few thousand years, cultures all around the world have used it to symbolize various things, the sun, life, etc... THe Nazis just perverted it for their own use, and unfortunately since then most people still assosciate it solely with the Nazis. I will stop now, as this discussion has gotten me in trouble many times before, though it can be a fun debate.

It is sad how perfectly innocent symbols are perverted... :(

• 2 weeks later...