Japanese Engrish

areaseven

It's a little off topic, I know, but please let everyone get a look at this. While reading my new copy of NewType USA, and glaring at the Japanese girls like I normally do, I caught something out of the corner of my eye which intrigued me. A girl wearing a shirt which has a rather foul word on it. Just look at the image.

I've also noticed that this seems to be a trend. Do Japanese clothing companies have any idea what they are printing on their shirts? I find this kind of humorous, to say the least. As proof, I'll include another image of another girl wearing a shirt with an expletive on it.

Mind you, I'm not being prudish. I just find this as funny as Japanese Engrish. :lol:

post-26-1064372847_thumb.jpg

Edited by Noriko Takaya

What? You wonder why we have the Japanese-engrish thread? B)

Its not that they don't know... its just that they simply don't care. Just like a few American clothing companies print random chinese characters on sweatshirts and stuff. The problem is... english is a little easier to recognize then kanji. :lol:

Edited by Abombz!!

What? You wonder why we have the Japanese-engrish thread? B)

Its not that they don't know... its just that they simply don't care. Just like a few American clothing companies print random chinese characters on sweatshirts and stuff. The problem is... english is a little easier to recognize then kanji. :lol:

At least you can take off a shirt, imagine getting a tatoo that announced the miniscule size of certain parts... :blink:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...