Japanese Engrish

areaseven

Man this thread is too much. I see this stuff everyday. Although I don't have a pic of it, I had a student come in to class one day wearing a jacket that had (Exact Quote) "F*ck Me Please" all over it, and I mean ALL over it. I told her Mom about it and I never saw her wearing that Jacket again.

Rob MN

Hey Rob,

I liked your Monkey suit avatar much more than the present one.

BTW, you're not the same Rob as on robpongi.com are you?

Graham

No that is not me....but he could be my TWIN! :o This is freaky! :blink: He even sounds like me.....oh my gosh! And even the same props... :unsure: I'm freakin out. Yes I have been on TV a few times but I have never done anything like this. Mostly Interviews and childrens shows....man I gotta meet this guy. unless when I go to sleep I have an alter ego awaken and he goes to Tokyo.......stranger things have happened...

Rob MN

Man this thread is too much. I see this stuff everyday. Although I don't have a pic of it, I had a student come in to class one day wearing a jacket that had (Exact Quote) "F*ck Me Please" all over it, and I mean ALL over it. I told her Mom about it and I never saw her wearing that Jacket again.

Rob MN

Don't you teach at a preschool or something? :huh:

Wow.

That Rob Pongi guy is pretty funny, he posts over at f*cked gaijin, an onlien forum for foreigners in Japan.

Don't you teach at a preschool or something?  :huh:

Actually I am a Kindergarten Teacher and once a week in an Elementry School. And that7s why I talked to her mother about it :o

Rob MN

I'm trying to come up with some kind of funny comment, but it just falls apart whenever I get to that preschooler part.

Look at this one:

Yeah it's an old one, but I thought it was funny to see.

post-26-1068135352.jpg

Edited by Anubis

I swear, there's like 20 American jerks who make these shirts up for these Japanese companies, who want to appeal to the foreign-interested Asain crowd, and they laugh their asses off when they see their stuff on the street like this. And I bet you the reverse happens over here; that's why I don't have any Asian-symboled shirts.

...why can't I get a job like that!?!?!?! :(

See if you can spot the Engrish on this one.

If it's the suvastika, remember that it was a symbol used before the nazis. Besides it's the reverse swastika, which has a different meaning. See Blade Of The Immortal manga.

I think he was refering to the "Shitseeing Bus Stop" :p

I agree with the above post, I think that one might have been photoshopped too.

See if you can spot the Engrish on this one.

If it's the suvastika, remember that it was a symbol used before the nazis. Besides it's the reverse swastika, which has a different meaning. See Blade Of The Immortal manga.

>EXO< is right.

The reverse swastika is a Buddhist symbol. You can still find it on a lot of vegan/vegetarian foods in Asian supermarkets as a sign that the food is "Buddhist friendly" (like the way Parve is for kosher Jewish people.) That sign is probably for a Buddhist Temple.

edit: Oh, "shitseeing" , that is pretty funny

Edited by tom64ss