When You Reach Senior Age

Agent-GHQ

This may have already been addressed, but i'll do it anyways just so I know I did it. I would like to know what are your plans with your Macross collection when you reach elderly age of like 50s, 60s, or 70s and beyond? And was it all worth paying for knowing that we can't take them with us when we die? Love to hear from you so please give it some thought.

Edited by Agent-GHQ

They'll probably build a SDF-1 themed coffin for you then. :p You can be buried in zentraedi costume as if you were the last remaning zent on the ass-1 when it crashed. :p

pass them on to my kids if I have them, and if they are already old too, my grandkids(if I have those as well). Gotta let the newer generations experience macross!! (wouldn't it kick ass if some one said "yea my grandpa loved them bandais and yamatos....man I can't believe they made these 50+ years ago!). And imagine what valk toys could be made 50 years from now with all that technology advancement., whoa

I would allow my kids to sell them off if they didn't want them. BUt that's about it. I would like to make sure that they make records though.

Shite, come to think of it, my younger generation would be rich if they sold my collection! Screw trust funds, invest in Macross! :blink:

I'll be cremated, and have my ashes put in the cockpits of all my 1/48 Yammies.  Then, have the family put those on the mantle as my urn.  I'll finally get to sit in a Valk!  Well, part of me anyway.

375184[/snapback]

Booya! I want that too! I want to be moulded into low vis pilots. :wacko::wacko::wacko:

Edited by aurascope

I'll be cremated, and have my ashes put in the cockpits of all my 1/48 Yammies.  Then, have the family put those on the mantle as my urn.  I'll finally get to sit in a Valk!  Well, part of me anyway.

375184[/snapback]

:blink::o Ideasville!

375184[/snapback]

parts of you....

:lol:

that's actually a good idea!!! I was planning on having a clear headstone with my valks in it with my swords stuck through all of them.

ok, i'm probably going to give them to my daughter since she is 3 and already likes them all.

Probably will do either one of two things, give them to my kids if I ever have any OR sell them for other necessities, like medicine or an operation. All the 1/48s, JMs and 1/55s in the world won't mean squat if I am bedridden or need assisted living! :(

375229[/snapback]

1 LV = 1 kidney

4 Roy = 1 liver

12 Max = 1 Heart transplant

You could make a person with some of the stuff you own.

pass them on to my kids if I have them, and if they are already old too, my grandkids(if I have those as well).  Gotta let the newer generations experience macross!!  (wouldn't it kick ass if some one said "yea my grandpa loved them bandais and yamatos....man I can't believe they made these 50+ years ago!). And imagine what valk toys could be made 50 years from now with all that technology advancement., whoa

375170[/snapback]

With advancements in toys, and there computerization, a one easy 5k convertion kit each your Valks will fly over your funeral, tranceform (battleoid, or Gerwalk your choice) land and fire off a heros salute over you dead, rotting disease ridden corps, transform back to fighter mode and fly off to another carring Valk loving home. :lol:

Probably will do either one of two things, give them to my kids if I ever have any OR sell them for other necessities, like medicine or an operation. All the 1/48s, JMs and 1/55s in the world won't mean squat if I am bedridden or need assisted living! :(

375229[/snapback]

1 LV = 1 kidney

4 Roy = 1 liver

12 Max = 1 Heart transplant

You could make a person with some of the stuff you own.

375238[/snapback]

One can ONLY hope the collectibility/demand for the 1/48s sustain themselves 30 years in the future! Now how much do I need for a new healthy spinal column and brain? :lol:

does anybody have a pic of a really old toy like a hundred plus years old that was unplayed with? i want to get an idea how toys age naturally even when taken care of. nice topic by the way i have thought about this too.

375429[/snapback]

post-3505-1141271894_thumb.jpg

Your welcome bro. And I must say you have an interesting question too. I would imagine an old toy about a hundred years old would probably be an american doll or something. Not sure if it is packaged up though?? :p

does anybody have a pic of a really old toy like a hundred plus years old that was unplayed with? i want to get an idea how toys age naturally even when taken care of. nice topic by the way i have thought about this too.

375429[/snapback]

Edited by Agent-GHQ

My wife and I just had our 3rd child about 13 weeks ago and I was fortunate enough to have a little boy. He'll pretty much getting everything i've managed to collect over the years. Macross, Airsoft, Chogokin, and my good looks!!! =)

Here's an interesting one. I'll be cremated, and the ashes will be put on and in a custom 1/48. New paint scheme, then sealed in a lusterless flat sealer. Then I guess you could say I came back as a 1/48 scale Valkyrie. Or the idea of the ashes in the cockpit. It'd be nice to fly. LOL :lol:

I think I'd do something boring like sell them on ebay to buy a higher quality version of vf1. Bandai will have made a perfect grade kit with even more details that cost a fortune. These will be kept for another 70 years until macross is completely dead, and the value of the item goes up like comic books from the 50s that nobody in the world has any left of anymore. (ie collectors will just want it based on age alone)

By this time robotech masterpiece VF1 will have crumbled into dust as toynami had planned and won't retain any value because they are so fragile. (designed to self destruct after a few years even inside the box :D)

Yamatos are fragile too. :(

I think I'd do something boring like sell them on ebay to buy a higher quality version of vf1. Bandai will have made a perfect grade kit with even more details that cost a fortune. These will be kept for another 70 years until macross is completely dead, and the value of the item goes up like comic books from the 50s that nobody in the world has any left of anymore. (ie collectors will just want it based on age alone)

By this time robotech masterpiece VF1 will have crumbled into dust as toynami had planned and won't retain any value because they are so fragile. (designed to self destruct after a few years even inside the box :D)

375768[/snapback]