Wonderfest Feb/2006!

Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

Ugh, the camo Valk looks cheesy.  Plus, it's a VF-1A.  Yaaawnn.

Now the stealth VF-1 doesn't look too bad.  I also like that it's coming with fast packs and isn't a VF-1A.  Yay!  I just hope the pilot ends up being painted in some grey or black scheme, Hikaru's bright colors just don't mesh with the mecha's color scheme.

372046[/snapback]

I've been told that the pilots will be colored differently.

Graham

Man, if the VF-0 were released in 1/48 scale I'd have a serious problem finding room for it around the house. I also tend to think that Yamato has picked a scale and it is 1/60. The 1/48s are like the uber premium line but in 1/60 we've gotten all the VF-1 varieties and Q-Rau, now the Zero, and maybe someday the Monster (crosses finger). 1/60 makes more sense (even if the VF-1 toys do suck) because in 1/48 scale many of the items in Macross would be gi-normous. For me, that'd be horrible because I'd have no place to put everything. I'm already cutting it close as it is.

It's also great news to hear that the LV and Camo VFs shown are just protoypes that may not even resemble the finished product. I do think that Stealth could grow on me but that Camo guy needed more work. I do hope that the new LV isn't too similar to the old one though, maybe just a different heat shield and trim color with a slighlty darker main color? I could go for that :)

Man, if the VF-0 were released in 1/48 scale I'd have a serious problem finding room for it around the house.  I also tend to think that Yamato has picked a scale and it is 1/60.  The 1/48s are like the uber premium line but in 1/60 we've gotten all the VF-1 varieties and Q-Rau, now the Zero, and maybe someday the Monster (crosses finger).  1/60 makes more sense (even if the VF-1 toys do suck) because in 1/48 scale many of the items in Macross would be gi-normous.  For me, that'd be horrible because I'd have no place to put everything.  I'm already cutting it close as it is.

It's also great news to hear that the LV and Camo VFs shown are just protoypes that may not even resemble the finished product.  I do think that Stealth could grow on me but that Camo guy needed more work.  I do hope that the new LV isn't too similar to the old one though, maybe just a different heat shield and trim color with a slighlty darker main color?  I could go for that :)

372066[/snapback]

Dude to be honest, I wouldn't mind a 1/48 VF-0. I hear ya on the scale consistency though, and it does make sense, but I myself would LOVE a 2ft tall VF-0! And I collect 1/18 scale aircraft(BBI's F/A-18 is 3 FEET LONG 2ft+ wide!, and I got no problem with it!), so I'll make space granted that it looks cool.

Ok now before or now that I\'ve already read that people think the two below 1/48s are going to be the new Low Vis and Stealth, but they are not. I talked to Yamato prep and was told they are both only painted color varients of a VF-1J and and VF-1A that will not be sold retail.

He did say the reissue of the Low Vis will be the same VF-1A just like the first issue but will have a slightly diffrent color.

cam1.jpg

dark1.jpg

dark2.jpg

dark3.jpg

371916[/snapback]

Yamato,

Showing ugly REFERENCE SAMPLES that will not go into production at one of the premiere industry shows prior to the release of your new products, yet leaving the price tags there? Can you say MARKETING BLUNDER?! At least remove the sales tag so its not OFFICIAL.

I wonder how many distributors just puked and outright canceled their orders because of that. I hope Yamato had the common sense of at least a closed door presentation for the business guys.

If I was the Marketing Director at Yamato, somebody would have been fired for putting those out. The Product Marketing manager first, followed by the design director for both signing off on those two.

But, I am scared these two atrocities are actually real or intended production prototypes because even Yamato is not as dumb as I had just vented about above.

Or are they? :p

PS: VF-0S looks way cool the two ugly sisters really took away the thunder.

PPS: I wonder how hard is it to mod the rotating seats feature from the VF-0S into the VF-1? :)

Ok now before or now that I\'ve already read that people think the two below 1/48s are going to be the new Low Vis and Stealth, but they are not. I talked to Yamato prep and was told they are both only painted color varients of a VF-1J and and VF-1A that will not be sold retail.

He did say the reissue of the Low Vis will be the same VF-1A just like the first issue but will have a slightly diffrent color.

371916[/snapback]

Yamato,

Showing ugly REFERENCE SAMPLES that will not go into production at one of the premiere industry shows prior to the release of your new products, yet leaving the price tags there? Can you say MARKETING BLUNDER?! At least remove the sales tag so its not OFFICIAL.

I wonder how many distributors just puked and outright canceled their orders because of that. I hope Yamato had the common sense of at least a closed door presentation for the business guys.

If I was the Marketing Director at Yamato, somebody would have been fired for putting those out. The Product Marketing manager first, followed by the design director for both signing off on those two.

But, I am scared these two atrocities are actually real or intended production prototypes because even Yamato is not as dumb as I had just vented about above.

Or are they? :p

PS: VF-0S looks way cool the two ugly sisters really took away the thunder.

PPS: I wonder how hard is it to mod the rotating seats feature from the VF-0S into the VF-1? :)

372074[/snapback]

Good point!!! And so far saverobotech is the only source of yamato pics from the show(I've scoured links from toyboxdx and found NOTHING ON YAMATO@WF!!!), lol perhaps everyone was so turned off at the camo valk that they decided not to even take pics of it!!

And that stand for the VF-0S looks NEW, or am I wrong? And does it come with it? If it came with it then it would surely make me feel better about splunking 160$ on this thing for a bday present. But then again the VF-1 stands were near 40$...AHHHH!!! But yes if it came with that stand and still went for the msrp it would kick ass!(more so than it already does).

Edited by Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

Quick question, why would you show a suggested MSRP on a toy that you have no intention of selling?  That confuses me....

372114[/snapback]

I think these were just used as placeholders to give the retailers an idea of what the toy may potentially look like, but not necesarily the final production version. It's like those disclaimers on toy boxes that say:

"Actual product may differ from one shown in photo"

I'd like it more if the entire underside of the plane was white, the tailfins with white trim on the rudders, and if the god forsaken missles and pods were at least WHITE if not a more missle like color. GREEN MISSLES AND PODS? It looks so GARISH!~! That only works on bombs man!~ I think if the head were white it might look better too, or all black, it could be likened to the TRAM system on the A-6E's fueselage mounted underneath the chin, and could look like a FLIR system as well with the green eyepiece.

The stealth one....now if the production version looks nearly the same as that, its still a keeper. The matte/light gray tones remind me of matte RAM painted surfaces. Thats just a bad ass scheme, bravo to whoever came up with that one!

just wanted to say thank goodness they weren't final runs the stealth shown isnt as hporrible as i thought but i'm really glad that camo scheme wont be showing up in stores. Those were great pics of the VF-os and who was the lady in the background with the black jacket? :ph34r:

Edited by Macross73

The thing about the camo though is in battroid mode it wouldn't be able to hide if the greyish stuff was shown on the underside.

So it all depends on the mode it is in. I think of the Battroid as being the UN Army issue valk which is used in place of destroids and attacks from the ground but uses the fighter mode for quick travel. Think of shin in the forest in macross zero against the anti-un's sv51 as an example. When you are up that close it might be much more sensible to fight in battroid in an enclosed space with not much manueverability.

While the low vis: it is modeled on schemes for fighters mainly.

So I still like the idea of a camo on all sides. Perhaps the pilot is so good he can fly very low to the ground? (ie like dyson and guld in macross plus)

If an army of giant zentradi attacked on foot, I can imagine a camo valk as being just right as micron equivalent to anti-giant soldier. A giant's hearing and size would mean hiding in robot mode to avoid detection could still make sense. Maybe normal humans might notice vibrations and loud noise (since we would be like mice to them) but not a giant since it is so massive and insensitive that it is easy to ignore a hidden mech.

So I think it all depends on the role of the valk: is it a dogfighting machine and mainly a fighter, or a mechanical soldier used to fight giants on the ground and possibly sneak up close with little warning?

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

The thing about the camo though is in battroid mode it wouldn't be able to hide if the greyish stuff was shown on the underside.

So it all depends on the mode it is in. I think of the Battroid as being the UN Army issue valk which is used in place of destroids and attacks from the ground but uses the fighter mode for quick travel. Think of shin in the forest  in macross zero against the anti-un's sv51 as an example. When you are up that close it might be much more sensible to fight in battroid in an enclosed space with not much manueverability.

While the low vis: it is modeled on schemes for fighters mainly.

So I still like the idea of a camo on all sides. Perhaps the pilot is so good he can fly very low to the ground? (ie like dyson and guld in macross plus)

If an army of giant zentradi attacked on foot, I can imagine a camo valk as being just right as micron equivalent to anti-giant soldier. A giant's hearing and size would mean hiding in robot mode to avoid detection could still make sense. Maybe normal humans might notice vibrations and loud noise (since we would be like mice to them) but not a giant since it is so massive and insensitive that it is easy to ignore a hidden mech.

So I think it all depends on the role of the valk: is it a dogfighting machine and mainly a fighter, or a mechanical soldier used to fight giants on the ground and possibly sneak up close with little warning?

372144[/snapback]

Yes but yamato has always emphasized the fighter mode.......that is why I think it should have a realistic camo scheme, not an all arounder. Besides, even in battroid most of it would still be camo, aside from the legs.

Ok then. I wonder what the finished thing will look like? I wonder why graham commented on how good it looks in fighter but no permission to let us see pics?

Pics in all modes would be nice. All they need now for the camo is a vf11 style bayonet. :D

I wonder if they will try to do the same for the VF0 and try to make all kinds of LV variants?

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I'd like it more if the entire underside of the plane was white, the tailfins with white trim on the rudders, and if the god forsaken missles and pods were at least WHITE if not a more missle like color.  GREEN MISSLES AND PODS? It looks so GARISH!~!  That only works on bombs man!~  I think if the head were white it might look better too, or all black, it could be likened to the TRAM system on the A-6E's fueselage mounted underneath the chin, and could look like a FLIR system as well with the green eyepiece. 

The stealth one....now if the production version looks nearly the same as that, its still a keeper. The matte/light gray tones remind me of matte RAM painted surfaces.  Thats just a bad ass scheme, bravo to whoever came up with that one!

372123[/snapback]

SEA camo schemes have the underside painted light grey if at all, never white. However later SEA schemes were wrap around with no grey undersides (see here and here).

As for missiles never being painted green, what do you call this? Or this?

great pics! The SOC Voltes V is looking great. As is of course the 0S. And what's this one? any info on it?

http://members.jcom.home.ne.jp/vampirdzhij.../wf06win_31.jpg

372145[/snapback]

something else from Gun X Sword...that's Dann of Tuesday, the main mech in the series...It transforms from a sword to a robot :)

Air-to-Air missiles are never green (AFAIK), and that's all Valkyries ever have. I've always wondered about the green Mavericks, only jet-carried green missile AFAIK. You pretty much see grey and white Mavericks, but there's also a few green ones--what's special about them to get different paint? Unique seeker head? (There's so many for the Maverick)

PS--I always liked the black-belly SEA scheme.

Edited by David Hingtgen

I'd like it more if the entire underside of the plane was white, the tailfins with white trim on the rudders, and if the god forsaken missles and pods were at least WHITE if not a more missle like color.  GREEN MISSLES AND PODS? It looks so GARISH!~!  That only works on bombs man!~  I think if the head were white it might look better too, or all black, it could be likened to the TRAM system on the A-6E's fueselage mounted underneath the chin, and could look like a FLIR system as well with the green eyepiece. 

The stealth one....now if the production version looks nearly the same as that, its still a keeper. The matte/light gray tones remind me of matte RAM painted surfaces.  Thats just a bad ass scheme, bravo to whoever came up with that one!

372123[/snapback]

SEA camo schemes have the underside painted light grey if at all, never white. However later SEA schemes were wrap around with no grey undersides (see here and here).

As for missiles never being painted green, what do you call this? Or this?

372167[/snapback]

I meant A2A missles, I should have mentioned this earlier. Thanks for the links, I had no idea they had a wrap around SEA camo.

Ok now before or now that I've already read that people think the two below 1/48s are going to be the new Low Vis and Stealth, but they are not. I talked to Yamato prep and was told they are both only painted color varients of a VF-1J and and VF-1A that will not be sold retail.

371916[/snapback]

Eh? That conflicts with my info which is from a pretty reliable source, which says they are the Low Vis 2 & Stealth color schemes.

Graham

372064[/snapback]

one would assume by these comments, that you seen pictures, Graham. is it possible for you to show us the picture you have seen?

Oh well guess we are stuck still speculating till a magazine comes out.

Edited by buddhafabio

great pics! The SOC Voltes V is looking great. As is of course the 0S. And what's this one? any info on it?

http://members.jcom.home.ne.jp/vampirdzhij.../wf06win_31.jpg

372145[/snapback]

something else from Gun X Sword...that's Dann of Tuesday, the main mech in the series...It transforms from a sword to a robot :)

372169[/snapback]

Almost, it's Thursday.

My understanding is that the AMM-1s that the Valkyrie carries are dual use, and can be fired on both air and ground targets (I believe we see Roy do this in one of the first episodes), so painting them green wouldn't be unusual.

IIRC you can tell what kind of seeker head a Maverick has by what color the body is painted. EO models are white, Laser are Grey, and IIR are green (sometimes dark Grey for Navy ord).

Edited by Nied

How about if those "placeholders" of the camo valk, probably the base is grey instead of brown, and those green patches are a darker grey or something? I don't mind a jungle /green valk ...something like an A-10. But green camo on brown is just too fugly.

Ugh, the camo Valk looks cheesy.  Plus, it's a VF-1A.  Yaaawnn.

Now the stealth VF-1 doesn't look too bad.  I also like that it's coming with fast packs and isn't a VF-1A.  Yay!  I just hope the pilot ends up being painted in some grey or black scheme, Hikaru's bright colors just don't mesh with the mecha's color scheme.

372046[/snapback]

If the base is indeed brown, I hope that they release it as a VF-1S. I'd wipe off the paint, and pass it off as a VF-1B.

Sorry to hear about your dog jwinges. I love dogs too. I know I got a little hostil, and for that I apologize.

The LV & Stealth are now growing on me.... I hate you Macross!!!

edited everything... the post was mean... :ph34r:

Edited by vlenhoff

I like the Camo but that could be because I love the F4-Phantom. Had a diecast toy of that as a kid and it was always kicking everyone of my dad's other diecast planes. :D

I'd buy that stealth. Maybe even two of them. Repaint one of the noses bright orange......

I love the 0S!! Hands down!