The Megazone 23 Garland By Yamato Thread

Renato

I picked up a Proto-Garland recently and its a great toy, but I've got one or two niggles - which I think my be my fault.

First, the shoulder "wheels" in mecha mode - I'm not sure if I've fixed them in place correctly, they have a tendency to "lean" out when the arms are posed. I've got them lined up with the magnets and I think I've got the "bars" they're attached to aligned right. Anyone else have this problem?

Similar story for the pegs that connect the legs to the lower wheel. The pegs don't seem to go all the way into the holes and have a tendency to pop out. Anyone else have this trouble?

Anyone interested in purchasing a Garland with a busted arm. The toy is brand new. The arm came apart at the shoulder when I tried to pose it. According to posts here Yamato USA will replace the arm for free. I am no longer interested in the toy and would make someone here a sweet deal if they are interested in it.

Anyone interested in purchasing a Garland with a busted arm. The toy is brand new. The arm came apart at the shoulder when I tried to pose it. According to posts here Yamato USA will replace the arm for free. I am no longer interested in the toy and would make someone here a sweet deal if they are interested in it.

Why bother selling it like that if your not gonna take the effort to fix it? just because ppl here say it can be replaced doesnt mean it can... If you havent even tried to fix it there no point in trying to sell it except maybe for spare parts no offense macross man.

Edited by transfan52

Why bother selling it like that if your not gonna take the effort to fix it? just because ppl here say it can be replaced doesnt mean it can... If you havent even tried to fix it there no point in trying to sell it except maybe for spare parts no offense macross man.

Transgender, who appointed you chief of sales? It's obvious I don't care about fixing the thing otherwise I "put forth" the effort in fixing it. Anybody interested probably would be buying it for spare parts; perhaps because they were unsuccessful at obtaining the parts needed from Yamato USA. If you're not interested then just keep it moving.

What are you? Broke as a Bo-dollar or is it the hormones you're on? This is the second time you have made some sissified reply in regards to a sale or how items are paid for.

No proper man. Not proper at all.

:wacko:

OO

Mine came with one of the handlebars nearly broken off as well. I had to glue it back on. Try looking for it inside the toy somewhere. It might be rolling around somewhere inside...

Yeah - My protogarland came with the handlebar nearly broken as well. Did not bother me toooo much tho since I leave it displayed in battroid. It does piss me off that it costs so much more (without discount) and still has qc issues...

Actually prefer the military garland which does not seem to have crumbly arms problem..

Btw - is this in the right category, shouldn't this topic be under toys?

Toys is for Macross related items only.

LOL were in the anime and science fiction thread dude we can talk about anything not related to macross here if you hadnt noticed. Back on topic please.

LOL were in the anime and science fiction thread dude we can talk about anything not related to macross here if you hadnt noticed. Back on topic please.

He was responding to Nemesis Trooper's question "if you hadn't noticed".... :rolleyes:

He-hey!! I got a Factory Garland a couple months ago, and yesterday THE SHOULDER BROKE........... on the Shogo figure.

Are the people at Yamato just going, "Well, I don't care, we're having breaking shoulders ONE WAY OR ANOTHER!!" Bleah.

Since Shogo sucks anyway as a fig, I often used other figures like RT Revy and a plain (no character) Microman female figure. The Microman one even fits inside in robot mode. I think the legs have to be just thin enough. So I thought about buying some character Microman figures, but there were none I particularly liked. Then recently I found that they have new Lupin III Micromen out now, so I was wondering if they would work.

Since they're a bit expensive, I'd like to know before I buy... does anyone have a Garland and one of the new Lupin or Fujiko Micromen, and if so, could you check if it fits in the cockpit? Long shot, I know, but it would be perfect, especially for Fujiko. Thanks in advance!

Yikes! Was that shoulder joint glued or stuck together because of the paint?

Dude, you are.... fast. Nah, it's a peg-and-hole deal, and the peg just got stuck inside, it seems. There are actually two shoulder joints, one which moves the arm forward and back, and one which moves it outwards and in. You will never need to move this second one for anything so I do not recommend it, I tried it and this is what happened. I guess it's too tight.

Anyway, Lupin III figures for the Garland! Our lines are waiting!

He-hey!! I got a Factory Garland a couple months ago, and yesterday THE SHOULDER BROKE........... on the Shogo figure.

Ouch ... I can't believe all the QC issues with the Garlands ... seems like a new one every couple of months or so.

:ph34r:

Took the plunge on HLJ's sale... I'll be finding out soon if the Military Garland is able-bodied or not.

The military version is my most abused Garland!! I forgot how many times I transformed it. Nothing has broken, the shoulder show no stress lines at all :rolleyes:

The Proto Garland is free of QC issues too!!

this thread needs more pictures guys, comon guys, give us all the proto garland picture you can imagine, that thing is such a beauty, if it wasnt almost as expensive as the yf-21, and it was 80$ instead, i would have bought it, now i have to wait.

Dude, you are.... fast. Nah, it's a peg-and-hole deal, and the peg just got stuck inside, it seems. There are actually two shoulder joints, one which moves the arm forward and back, and one which moves it outwards and in. You will never need to move this second one for anything so I do not recommend it, I tried it and this is what happened. I guess it's too tight.

Anyway, Lupin III figures for the Garland! Our lines are waiting!

Finally got the chance to check with mine. I see why your Shogo's shoulder broke - the painted PVC parts are stuck to each other. You can however, force that part of the joint gently until they can move freely.

But I tell ya... aside from the face and the helmet, the whole figure itself is a POS. I say that because they took the effort to give Shogo so many points of articulation so we can freely pose him on his bike, but he's stuck in sitting position. He's got like what... 10 points of articulation. Just how hard is it to give him one more that allows him to stand?

Finally got the chance to check with mine. I see why your Shogo's shoulder broke - the painted PVC parts are stuck to each other. You can however, force that part of the joint gently until they can move freely.

I don't think it's that, because it's the black shoulder piece which as far as I can tell is molded in colour. Anyway, upon closer inspection, I noticed that it is THE EXACT SAME PIECE as the other shoulder. In other words, my Shogo has two right shoulders, the give-away is the button on his black short sleeve, which on the left arm is in his armpit, whereas it should obviously be facing outwards. Jeez. Nevermind, though, because I just superglued the thing in place so now everything is fine.

As for the Sex-Wax thing, I was sure I had seen a picture of it spelt correctly in someone's review a while back, no...? Odd.

Okay, I figured out I was putting the leg pegs into the wrong hole - insert joke here :) - but the shoulder thing is driving me slightly nuts. The wheel halves appear to be lined up with the shoulders, the magnets on the body are popping out, and whilst the wheel halves do attach to the magnets there is a tendency for them to lean outwards.

Has anyone got a close up of their shoulders to show me where I'm going wrong (if I am at fault)?

The military version is my most abused Garland!! I forgot how many times I transformed it. Nothing has broken, the shoulder show no stress lines at all :rolleyes:

I know what you mean. I originally owned a military colored version as well and it was problem free.

:ph34r:

Okay, I figured out I was putting the leg pegs into the wrong hole - insert joke here - but the shoulder thing is driving me slightly nuts. The wheel halves appear to be lined up with the shoulders, the magnets on the body are popping out, and whilst the wheel halves do attach to the magnets there is a tendency for them to lean outwards.

Has anyone got a close up of their shoulders to show me where I'm going wrong (if I am at fault)?

The key to your shoulder problem is ALIGNMENT. This link has a very good transformation tutorial.

http://www.collectiondx.com/node/2060

Having said that, I think you should dig out your magnets of the shoulders (at the grey rim parts) and reposition them slightly outward with some glue so the magnets connect with the magnets on the torso... mine came with loose shoulders because the magnets were not connecting - they were separated about 1mm apart and were held together by what little magnetic force the magnets gave. I reposition the magnets with mine and the shoulders are tight now.

Edited by Beware of Blast

The key to your shoulder problem is ALIGNMENT. This link has a very good transformation tutorial.

http://www.collectiondx.com/node/2060

Having said that, I think you should dig out your magnets of the shoulders (at the grey rim parts) and reposition them slightly outward with some glue so the magnets connect with the magnets on the torso... mine came with loose shoulders because the magnets were not connecting - they were separated about 1mm apart and were held together by what little magnetic force the magnets gave. I reposition the magnets with mine and the shoulders are tight now.

Ah, thank you! I did try looking on Collection DX but it never occurred to me to look for another version of the Garland and see if there was a guide!

I'm seriously thinking on replacing the magnets for pegs in all my Garlands. Sounds crazy, but I'm a peg guy, and I hate magnets.

It should be easy enough to glue a male connector into the torso's magnet holes so it connects to the magnet holes of the legs and shoulders. The hardest part would be to disassemble the legs and shoulders to pop the magnets from the inside. The legs are specially difficult because of the plastic tabs that hide the screws. Those are glued to the leg so popping them off without scratching the toy could be very tricky.

For the chest connection the best option would be a small horizontal slot on the chest piece like on the kit, but I think I'll try to modify the shoulders area first... some day :)

Do you know if the Megazone 23 maneuver artbook is worth buying?

The dust jacket is pretty cool but that's about it really. Ok, I guess it's got some nice photos of the "real world" locations and some nice alternative interpretations of the Garland in different settings (can't remember if those were fan submissions or not, anyone?)

Received the factory colour garland. I love this scheme. No breaking shoulders/arms yet. :D Everything is tight. The figure can just squeeze into the cockpit in robot mode easily.

One tricky thing is getting the gun to hold still in the hand. You've got to line up the thumb just right to it meets up with the index finger and have the gun at a angle in the palm (since the handle is at a slight angle) then squeeze all the fingers together all while having the base of the stock sit flush on the forearm area. (the base of the gun is flat and the forearm is flat so it will help keep it still once lined up)

But apart from that, I am happy with this at the discount price I got it. I love the clicky joints and agree with the collection dx review. Still got to get the protogarland though..

I actually like the garland as a mech design more than I do the ride armor from mospeada. What the garland really needs in bike mode is a hardpoint for the gun like the valkyrie in macross where it stores it somewhere. (either the part that becomes the leg or the part that becomes the arm)

Do you know if the Megazone 23 maneuver artbook is worth buying?

Eh, it's really not that exciting. Most of the art is also in the much better Artmic Design Works or the Official Art of Megazone 23 books. Nice graphic design though and I guess the new pictures are nice to see (mostly crap from the PS3 game).

There is also no way I can pop the palm part off without stressing the plastic.

I'm a fan of the "peg in the gun handle and hole in the palm" system. This figure would have benefited from that. Good to see yamato used that on their sv-51 imo.

Yeah my wrists are a little loose too but not loose enough that they just move about freely. I was surprised however that the actual finger joints were pretty tight but 'smooth' to move them. (as opposed to tight but so tight that it feels dangerous to move them for fear something will snap) I didn't notice huge amount of friction which is good for something that small. Too tight and the finger itself might snap since it is a skinny piece.

If the hand could come off I would have used some blutack or something to tighten it. Yamato should allow that part to come off. Even the shogo figure can remove his hands and that doesn't even really need to do that.

I guess this is a good buy if you're a fan of a garland and want that shogo figure but are too scared to buy a red garland to have him. :D If you have a choice between the red and this, then I would just get this. The metallic paint looks cool. I don't plan to apply any of the custom stickers on this as I like it plain as it is.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker