The Megazone 23 Garland By Yamato Thread

Renato

Damn you all, you're making me want this now, after I already decided to skip it.

Resistance is futile!!!! You know you need it :lol:

Seriously, I think the Proto G is my favorite Yamato toy. Everything is tight, no QC problems, nice ratcheted joints, and great poseability!

Well, I have to give props to Yamato. I emailed them a week or so ago about my broken original Garland and they sent me out the new shoulder pieces right away. Not only was it the shoulder part that broke, but basically the whole shoulder assembly. They sent me both sides too! I'm impressed. Finally my Garland can be fixed!

Vostok 7

I have no problem fitting the shield onto the Proto G.

I don't clip it, I slide the shield clip to fit the forearm struts B))

Thanks for the tip, I managed to slide the shield onto my Proto as well... BUT found that it actually kind of cramps his style. For one thing, the weight of the shield tends to pull the forearm cover open. And I always believed that shields are more effective when attached to the forearm 'sides' instead of 'bottoms', especially when posed in an 90-degree ++ bicep-curl.

HLJ says the shield and smaller rifle are meant for the Hargun, anyone think that's a good indicator of Yamato making one?

Btw, if anyone is on the fence about Proto Garland Twin moons anime has them at $132 but right now they're offering an extra $5 off cos they're on holiday.

The catch is it won't ship until April 20th at the earliest but I can wait so I went for one based on Josh's glowing review on comments here.

It's hard to say whether a Hargun will be produced, just because its shield and rifle were made. Could be a teaser, who knows? All i know is, Im still waiting for a definite and proper reissue of the original Garland. Customer not under the generous auspices of Yamato USA still have to deal with the original shoulder problems. Which is a d@mn shame.

Btw, if anyone is on the fence about Proto Garland Twin moons anime has them at $132 but right now they're offering an extra $5 off cos they're on holiday.

The catch is it won't ship until April 20th at the earliest but I can wait so I went for one based on Josh's glowing review on comments here.

Damn it, Fort Max, you just HAD to post that and send me down the path of ordering one of these bad boys from Tam. :p MW is really bad for my finances sometimes. :lol: Seriously, though, after seeing that video of the "shoulder torture," I FINALLY was convinced to give the Proto Garland a try. As long as I don't have to worry about things snapping or crumbling off my $140 toy, I'll be a happy camper.

Here is my "Factory Color", which I got a few weeks ago. Pure sweetness.

One thing I'd like to point out for those who do not know: the Microman figures CAN fit inside in robot mode. At least this one can. Might be worthwhile to try and kitbash Shogo's legs.

Meanwhile, no, the Revy fig CAN'T fit inside. Her legs are too damn long. I'm thinking any thin-legged GI Joes people have lying around may do, though, so go ahead and post any new possibilities!

post-1318-1207138707_thumb.jpg

post-1318-1207138762_thumb.jpg

post-1318-1207138777_thumb.jpg

post-1318-1207138814_thumb.jpg

Nice pics. I'm probably going to do that mod sometime (ooh...a flying pig). seriously, i'll get around to it coz that bloody Shogo figure gets right on my nerves.

I'd like to see what other figures people have put on their bikes. Any pics?

• 4 weeks later...

I just purchased a Protogarland a weekago......saaaaadddddly TMP has yet to ship it : / but atleast it was cheaper then everywhere else so i'll be patient.

Hope to god the Quality is good on this....my Garland didn't last 20 minutes before the shoulders snapped and an arm broke off.

I just purchased a Protogarland a weekago......saaaaadddddly TMP has yet to ship it : / but atleast it was cheaper then everywhere else so i'll be patient.

Hope to god the Quality is good on this....my Garland didn't last 20 minutes before the shoulders snapped and an arm broke off.

You should be OK with the Proto. Haven't read any bad stories about it yet, and the improved features are really cool.

I'm actually more keen to hear from owners of the Army Color version... shoulders good? Or crumbly?

YAY! Garland shipped today! which is what I'd figured it'd ship when.

So I probably won't see it until friday.

My biggest concern truely is quality after all, I've gone thru a garland and now a VF-0 that are all or were busted up and I barely touched them.

So I guess when I get the figure I'll have to examine very closely on fragile parts.

so protogarland came. and as Im looking at it and ready to put the shogo figure on the seat for a quick pic I go "wtf?"

The left handle bar is busted. i went thru the box and it isnt even inside hiding.

SO Yamato again, screwed me over making it the second garland but the 4th yamato item Ive owned that has broken in no time.

Somehow it got boxed with a broken part and no one even noticed....what a crock.

I contacted tam...see what he says. if the handle bar was there, no problem, easy to fix. but its not there...someone broke it and ignored it to save their job at the assembley line.

i'm so bummed out :(

so protogarland came. and as Im looking at it and ready to put the shogo figure on the seat for a quick pic I go "wtf?"

The left handle bar is busted. i went thru the box and it isnt even inside hiding.

SO Yamato again, screwed me over making it the second garland but the 4th yamato item Ive owned that has broken in no time.

Somehow it got boxed with a broken part and no one even noticed....what a crock.

I contacted tam...see what he says. if the handle bar was there, no problem, easy to fix. but its not there...someone broke it and ignored it to save their job at the assembley line.

i'm so bummed out :(

Mine came with one of the handlebars nearly broken off as well. I had to glue it back on. Try looking for it inside the toy somewhere. It might be rolling around somewhere inside...

Checked the box, not there. Looks like this was just one of those "meh" moments with packaging and put it in there either not paying attention or thinking no one would care.

So yeah, I'm really bummed out about this.

I mean I love the toy, it's great looking, but the missing handle bar just ruins it for me.

AHA! I found it! It was stuck to some tape blended in with the shield! So I just need some super glue and I'm a happy camper!

As for my thoughts on it, this is indeed filled with some neat lil gimmicks that I enjoy. Review side mirrors with 3 different decal applications to make it look cool (course, I picked the glossy reflective type) 2 different shots of naked EVE, 2 guns with a net launcher and a shield which is suppose to work with the MZ23part1 Garland.

I also like the locking mechanism under the arms magnets to help secure it, why didn't they do that with the first one? 0_o did they do it on the military or factory garland? That'd been a nice touch.

AHA! I found it! It was stuck to some tape blended in with the shield! So I just need some super glue and I'm a happy camper!

Congrats! That's as good as it gets when it comes to a self-recovery. :-)

I also like the locking mechanism under the arms magnets to help secure it, why didn't they do that with the first one? 0_o did they do it on the military or factory garland? That'd been a nice touch.

That's stand operating procedure for Yamato Toys, ya know? Just about every complex and multi-version line-up they've released has 'enjoyed' some form of revision and improvement. So if you don't like to gamble (like me), you've got to tough out the first releases. That's my only 'foolproof' strategy for Yamato toys now.

I never really got to enjoy the original Garland like I had planned...I think it was like the first or second transformation that the peg leading from the swing bar to the shoulder snapped and I ended up pretty much just being bummed out.

But so far last 72 hours with this thing has been great. I just wish I had the super glue, I'll pick it up tomorrow when I go to pick up my paycheck. I'm almsot tempted on buying another Garland just so I got something to mess with.....wish I could take these apart and repaint them.

By the way, I REALLY don't like the shogo figures....they're just so blah....I mean the details fine, but the articulation is crap....must kitbash MUST!

• 2 weeks later...

All Garland's on sale at HLJ.com for $81!

Which version is the least wonkiest?

http://www.hlj.com/product/YMT33967 = 1/15 Transformable Garland

http://www.hlj.com/product/YMT33968 = 1/15 Transformable Garland Army Color

http://www.hlj.com/product/YMT34528 = 1/15 Garland Factory Color