The Megazone 23 Garland By Yamato Thread

Renato

I purchased a Garland a few months ago and it has sat in its box on a shelf. I decided to display it a couple nights ago. When I removed the top plastic tray, the arm of the figure fell off. It had a clean break between the elbow and shoulder of the figure. A dab of super glue should take care of that. Then I transformed it to battroid with extreme care following an instructional video from Youtube. After getting it transformed I tried posing it. I moved the right arm and it was as if the plastic within the should was dry rotted. I mean it just crumbled without any stress or pressure. I am clueless as to what to do to fix or replace it. Any ideas you guys can provide would be most helpful. Thanks!

:huh:

OO

I purchased a Garland a few months ago and it has sat in its box on a shelf. I decided to display it a couple nights ago. When I removed the top plastic tray, the arm of the figure fell off. It had a clean break between the elbow and shoulder of the figure. A dab of super glue should take care of that. Then I transformed it to battroid with extreme care following an instructional video from Youtube. After getting it transformed I tried posing it. I moved the right arm and it was as if the plastic within the should was dry rotted. I mean it just crumbled without any stress or pressure. I am clueless as to what to do to fix or replace it. Any ideas you guys can provide would be most helpful. Thanks!

OO

Theres a testament to the ever enduring quality control of yamato...

http://toyboxdx.com/phorum/read.php?1,141178,page=4

scroll down to about half way down the page and read the problems with the shoulder. Email yamato usa, with a pic of the busted arm, and then they will send for the new arm for you.

http://www.yamatotoysusa.com/

Let us know how it all went.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Yeah but you can get the replacement shoulder/arm from yamato usa.

@macrossman:

Question: Was it the Red Garland?

This is an old problem. Just ask them to send you a new arm due to the shoulder breaking off and you can get the improved arm which is stronger.

Thanks for the info guys! This is the red Garland. I actually purchased this from a member here who stated it was MIB. I believe that wholeheartedly because the tape that holds the plastic trays together had not been removed. That being said, can I still contact Yamato USA about the defective arm?

Just show them the breakage. It's due to a manufacturing defect (or just poor/crappy design) with the toy rather than people abusing it to cause it to break. So erm, yeah just email them with a picture showing the busted shoulder. The older releases have that problem but nowadays they have the newer arms that don't break which you can get from them.

That being said, can I still contact Yamato USA about the defective arm?

Agreed to what Lurker said, it's a design flaw Yamato copped out too, so they'll replace it even if you're not the original owner or bought it thru someone who wasn't a busniess.

OO

That sucks mate ... hope you can get the replacement arm from Yamato.

:ph34r:

All Garland's on sale at HLJ.com for $81!

Which version is the least wonkiest?

http://www.hlj.com/product/YMT33967 = 1/15 Transformable Garland

http://www.hlj.com/product/YMT33968 = 1/15 Transformable Garland Army Color

http://www.hlj.com/product/YMT34528 = 1/15 Garland Factory Color

Sadly the Proto-Garland is still full price. Great deals on the rest.

I so want to get a Garland ... but everytime I read about a busted shoulder joint, I remind myself to forget it.

It ain't worth the hassle to have to replace a part immediately out of the box.

Shame though.

:mellow:

I so want to get a Garland ... but everytime I read about a busted shoulder joint, I remind myself to forget it.

It ain't worth the hassle to have to replace a part immediately out of the box.

Shame though.

:mellow:

The Proto-Garland from Part 2 has no problems with the production. They seemed to have fixed a lot of the production issues.

Im interested in getting a garland, but im hearing bad things about the red prototype version... Are there alot of bad QC issues with the red version still? Like the shoulder plastic rotting off? If so ill steer clear and get the brown one.

Just show them the breakage. It's due to a manufacturing defect (or just poor/crappy design) with the toy rather than people abusing it to cause it to break. So erm, yeah just email them with a picture showing the busted shoulder. The older releases have that problem but nowadays they have the newer arms that don't break which you can get from them.

Again guys, thanks for the info. Does anyone have an email address I should contact directly at Yamato USA? I will send them pics of the arm that basically crumbled upon movement as well as the broken arm on the figure, although there might not be anything they can do for it. I'll keep you guys abreast of how things go. Hopefully it will be a pleasant and smooth transition...

The Proto-Garland from Part 2 has no problems with the production. They seemed to have fixed a lot of the production issues.

It's almost like a completely new mold.

Again guys, thanks for the info. Does anyone have an email address I should contact directly at Yamato USA? I will send them pics of the arm that basically crumbled upon movement as well as the broken arm on the figure, although there might not be anything they can do for it. I'll keep you guys abreast of how things go. Hopefully it will be a pleasant and smooth transition...

Should be able to just go directly to YamatoUSA's website and go to their contact list and let them know.

On the topic of the protogarland (I still haven't got this yet!)

*shaking head* that's pretty ballsy of him to handle the thing like that..

macrossman:

customer service page from the yamato usa site:

http://www.yamatotoysusa.com/page.cfm/242

If toynami/HG allows it for their toys, yamato should be able to as well and match that service if they want us to buy their stuff. (at least we all hope they care about us)

Yeah as far as I'm concerned based on what others have said on previous pages. But if yours DOES break and it's not a red one, (which was the earliest release) then that would be the first I have heard of that. I'm assuming yamato fixed the weak shoulder problem since the brown army colour release. (similar to how the 1/72 vf-11 FAST Pack release eliminated problems of fragile parts which plagued the non-FP version all those years ago when people's toy were breaking)

Graham mentioned a new quality control guy was hired at yamato and the old one was fired (I'm a poet and don't even know it) so I'm going to assume that means the later releases are going to be ones with the fixes made to them... Hopefully the new QC guy means no more breakages. (especially for future macross products due to no official support allowed to us due to this HG legal crap)

Has anyone who bought the brown army garland experienced a broken arm yet?

I'm pretty forgiving of breakages on early releases of toys so long as there is some support for replacement. If I were you and if you are going to get a red, just transform that bastard as often as you can so it DOES break off, :D then get the replaced arm as early as you can to get the problem out of the way. Don't leave it in the box and not play with it, otherwise how will you know if the shoulder is fine or fragile?

I purchased one from HLJ. Now make me my EX-garland yamato. Even though I know it is the fixed shoulder I am going to only transform it rarely like with my konig monster just to be careful.

Oh yeah I just remembered I got to save some money for the bubblegum crisis toys too.. I wonder if they have decided whether they will make the bike shiny and stuff like the hardsuit? (or go cheap on us like in the early days when they didn't tampo print anything on the valks)

Wow that garland really is big! I didn't think it would be that big! Then again I should have known it would be this size if it was a 1/15 scale. Makes me want one even more!

Edited by transfan52

Thx for the pic, dont be shy to post more nice pictures like that ;)

couple more pics of vf-1j with fast packs and proto-garland with shield. Also added a comparison shot of the factory coloured garland next to the Soul of popynico version of Kaneda's bike. Toss up between which bike I like the most.

post-7709-1212017353_thumb.jpg

post-7709-1212017374_thumb.jpg

post-7709-1212017388_thumb.jpg

post-7709-1212017399_thumb.jpg

Got my Factory colored Garland yesterday.

When I tried to transform it, I found the holes in the rear wheel the be miss-aligned making it impossible to get the hip-pegs into place. I had to take the whole rear end of the damn thing apart to get the wheel out and re-align the holes on the wheel. <_<

Other than that little F up, the toy is fine and is standing next to my Protogarland looking snazzy. I'll post pics when I have time.

Got my Factory colored Garland yesterday.

When I tried to transform it, I found the holes in the rear wheel the be miss-aligned making it impossible to get the hip-pegs into place. I had to take the whole rear end of the damn thing apart to get the wheel out and re-align the holes on the wheel. <_<

Other than that little F up, the toy is fine and is standing next to my Protogarland looking snazzy. I'll post pics when I have time.

Do you mean there are two halves that make up the rim of the rear wheel? Any chance for a photo of that misalignment?

Do you mean there are two halves that make up the rim of the rear wheel? Any chance for a photo of that misalignment?

Yup the rim is made out of two seperate pieces. They're held together by two screws and the tire. One of the rims was placed 180 degrees off meaning only one of the hip pegs could be inserted into the hole in the rim. Already fixed it so no pics, sorry.