hmmm, that would disqualify takara given how poorly I received my MP convoy (stress marks and spilled chrome paint on the cab right out of the box) and the MP SS (more stress marks in this one toy than in all my 1/48's combined.)

MP03 SS is currently vying with the VF0A for the worst toy of the year. The complain had been more on the color of the grey (SS should be white and red?) more than its QC problems.

Stress marks and spilled chrome paint on the cab right out of the box on the MP01, when was that? AFAIK, only the certain batches of the reissue MP01s had problems where the legs are not glued to the hip sockets.

When MP01 first came out three years ago, fans were voting it for TOTY solely based on its pictures in the internet. Most of us only got the toy after the result has been announced. QC has been exceptional, fortunately for us.

my mp convoy was from the first run.. not this recent crap reissue.. but yeah... mine had issues. the right chest door doesn't lock in bot mode, there was chrome paint spilled on the roof and I don't remember where the stress marks were but I remember thinking, WTF??? and given it's ankles aren't tight neough resulting in a convoy that sways with the breeze... I left him in cab mode and eventually boxed him up.

lucking the chrome paint chipped right off easily enough.

and with SS... pretty much all of the joints associated with the wings are showing stress marks... some joints even have panel lines running right through where the "c" part of the joint matches with the rest of the body.

the color and hip kibble, I don't mind. I actually like the hip kibble over leg kibble.. but fearing that the wings are going to snap off because somebody scored the freaking joint is ridiculous. IMO, worse than yamato's brittle plastic... an engineer should just know better than to score a stress bearing surface.

Damn. Didn't realised the MP03 is that problematic. I avoided it because I didn't like the color and the hip kibble. As for the MP01, your chrome paint spillover is the first time I hear it. The weak ankles is pretty much a standard... better to pose it in a sideway A- stance. The only problem I had was the MP01 waistjoint is not racheting anymore after numerous transformation.

Sorry digressing a bit here.

This might be worht looking into

thanks

http://www.figures.com/databases/action.cg...le=106&nl=1

[attachmentid=40356]

Neca's Anniversary edition figure looks good , much better than the grey version that came out a while back

[attachmentid=40357]

post-3216-1171336733_thumb.jpg

post-3216-1171336890_thumb.jpg

Edited by Macross73

Hey guys,

I saw this topic and just thought i'd throw my 2 cents in about the toynami vs Godaikin Voltrons.

If you want fun accessories - go with the Godiakin

If you want a well proportioned combined form and relatively sleek lions - go with the toynami. The toynami's main issues are 1. the skinny wings, 2. waist joint that can't actually be rotated without popping out the black lions tail and 3. shitty plastic connectors on the green and red lions (the connectors aren't terrible though and provided you don't transform the toy CONTINUOUSLY and treat it really roughly they wont give problems)

If you can get a decent price on the toynami it's probably the way to go

BTW - Could this yamato voltron be graham's "transforming mecha from an 80's anime".....

so i got the toynami voltron the other day and all i can say is WOW, the thing is all sorts of awesome!

toynami really came through with the goods on this one.

the only issue i had was the green lions foot broke. i knew the tight feet was an issue on the red and green lions beforehand and only moved the foot so i could loosen the screw but as soon as i moved it, it broke....grrrr! but it wasn't a biggie, i fixed the foot then took apart the rest of the legs and modded them out(just some sanding) so it won't happen to the other feet.

all in all i'm totally happy with this purchase. i paid $110 shipped for it and let me tell ya, just the shear weight of it alone makes me feel i got my moneys worth. i'll probably pick up another one some time down the road so i can display it in both lion and robot modes, yes i think its that great. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Did you guys know Toynami is releasing a NEW Masterpiece Voltron?

Except this one is all plastic, comes with a display base, and costs half the price of the original.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product...amp;mode=retail

Edited by UN Spacy

I think in this case the all-plastic may benefit the toy considering the diecast version likes to topple under it's weight. Hopefully it'll be made with durable plastic and have a clean finish. And that's a big hopefully.

I have the diecast one, and wouldn't mind a plastic one, but the only thing that grieves me is that the leg connectors dont have enough bite( for lion, thats a big thing hehe) but they really needed a springloaded pushbutton, not that latching door made of plastic that was broken since i had it ....

Do those weapons on the base come off?/??????? if so VERY COOL> that should have come with em in the first place !

awww dont say that ! they *look* like they might come off...! ....( or is that merely wishful thinking???)

i want to order one, buuuuuut its just a stand, and i kinda want it for the transforming key LOL. and the weapons, IF they came off to put on the lions !