How do you order anything from Diamond?  I don't think I've ever quite figured that one out.

Thanks!

364604[/snapback]

easy. goto a comic shop point at the nice shiny toy and tell the slightly overweight man behind the counter eating chips while watching FMA that you want this. you may or may not need to put down a deposit.

or just use the order form from Previews and fill out what you want and bring the form to a comic shop and give them the form.

in my case i just scribble my name next to the store copy of previews (the diamond catalog that comes out each month) and my buddy/comic shop owner orders the goodies for me.

Just talked to a local toystore owner.  They have these on order from Diamond and expects them to be cheaper then what they're currently going for right now.

364541[/snapback]

was it already offered in Previews?

364663[/snapback]

I assume so. I buy alot of my SOC/Valkyrie/Gundam/Manga stuff from him and I've known him since elementary school so I don't think he would lie to me about getting it from Diamond.

Just talked to a local toystore owner.  They have these on order from Diamond and expects them to be cheaper then what they're currently going for right now.

364541[/snapback]

was it already offered in Previews?

364663[/snapback]

I assume so. I buy alot of my SOC/Valkyrie/Gundam/Manga stuff from him and I've known him since elementary school so I don't think he would lie to me about getting it from Diamond.

364690[/snapback]

Does anyone know what month of Previews it was offered on? I'm a Diamond retailer, so I'm wondering if I can get this cheaper for myself. :p

Does anyone know what month of Previews it was offered on?  I'm a Diamond retailer, so I'm wondering if I can get this cheaper for myself. :p

364725[/snapback]

If you're a Diamond retailer getcho ass over to Diamonds website and look in their retailer section you bum! You should have access we non-retailers don't! :wacko::lol:

Does anyone know what month of Previews it was offered on?  I'm a Diamond retailer, so I'm wondering if I can get this cheaper for myself. :p

364725[/snapback]

If you're a Diamond retailer getcho ass over to Diamonds website and look in their retailer section you bum! You should have access we non-retailers don't! :wacko::lol:

364744[/snapback]

that website is a mess. I just wait for the retailer version of Previews... why do you think I'm asking for a month... :D

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone still reads this thread for toy reviews of the MPC voltron then I'll throw my 2 cents in the rings having just recived my MPC

Pros

1. Black lion is superb. I mean SUPERB. It is the best looking lion and acutally looks like a cat rather than a block. He's hella poseable and don't be decieved by some pics which make his legs out to be a bit skinny...when up close and personal with the toy they're not.

2. All the lions look nice and anime-ish as opposed to blocks

3. The combined voltron is surprisingly sturdy. Granted its not predaking-type study but for something that weighs so much it is quite stable

4. HELLA poseable. This thing kills any voltron toy when it comes to articulation. The arms are especially poseable allowing you to pull off some cool poses. The hip joints are ball jointed allowing an A-stance but aren't super mobile. The thighs can rotate allowing outward facing legs and the knee joints ratchet. Although the poseability in the legs is great the legs are so bulky that in practise you can't pull off very extreme poses and you should always have an eye on the toy's stability

5. Best QC toynami has come up with yet (still not perfect...see cons) and as usual lovely packaging and collectable-ness

Cons

1. The die cast used is fine but the plastic used has a really cheap and breakable feel.

2. The connection pieces - stupidly enough for a mainly diecast toy - are made of the crappy plastic which puts them at risk of cracking if you drop the toy and its long term durability and tightness is questionable. Be especially careful with the arm connector pieces which are particularly shi**y.

3. Wings are too thin

There's nothing I've said here that others haven't said before me but my own perspective is that this is a great collector's piece. Its not especially fragile but I wouldn't go playing with it a lot or try to leave it in uber-flexible poses for a long time. If you're looking for something that is anime accurate, poseable and has decent QC then toynami has clawed back some respectability with this toy.

BTW - I never owned a Go lion but i've heard that it had a lot of cool lion gimmicks which the MPC is lacking. That's a con I suppose but the Go lion has a chunky monkey look to it that i don't like. The MPC is perfectly proportioned (which is what you'd expect from a 20 yr newer toy) except for the wings. Some people have called the combined form too slim but i don't think its skinny at all ! :)

I'd contend the SUPERB black lion comment. Definitely an opinion on both our sides, but I think the Black Lion, although waaaaaayyy better thna the original, still looks like a baboon. The back legs are particualrly unposeable as they have a joint limitation that keeps you from getting any real rear leg relaistic lion poses.

Predaking may be sturdy, but he isn't nearly as poseable as the MPC Voltron...

Hmm...the fantasy wheels in my head are turning: Voltron versus Predaking..

I accept that the black lion may not be superb :) ...but in addition to being a real improvement over the old black lion it's also by far the best out of the 5 lions in the masterpiece set

BTW - datterboy, the comparison shot you put up of MPC voltron, Optimus and the strike equipped VF-1J is soooo cool!

As for Predaking vs Voltron. Predaking would MURDER him in a fantasy fight. (Hope that generates some discussion :p ) The predaking toy may not be as poseable as the MPC voltron but don't forget that the MPC is 20 years newer. Predaking and the old Go lion are similar in poseability (Preds maybe slightly more because his hips ratchet forwards and his knees can bend the right way) and they are worth comparing coz they are contemporaries....

Edited by Eazy D

• 4 weeks later...
Black Lion smaller than the Blue or Yellow? Huh  :huh:

Damn, so I guess there's less anime magic than I thought... I'd be pretty pissed off if I was an arm... my bots smaller than yours...

How did they choose which one everyone got anyhow? By the color of their clothes?

364579[/snapback]

I've always wondered about that. Was Sven originally the Black lion pilot? He wore black, Keith was red which would make him number 2 but if he were promoted to leader he'd take over the number 1 lion, Lance had a blue uniform so he should have been in the blue lion but he appears to have been promoted over Pidge who pilots the green and wears a green uniform. :huh:

364591[/snapback]

I don't believe the lion assignment was by clothes. Rather, it's the size of the pilot or may be their personality.

Keith was the leader, so naturally he piloted the Black lion.

Sven piloted the Blue lion. He got hurt, left the group, and Princess Alura filled his place.

Hung [sp?], the big, lovable guy, got the Yellow lion.

Lance, the smart ass, got the Red lion. He got mad once in a while, too, so Red was not a bad assignment.

Pidge, the happy kid, got the Green lion. It's just happen he also wore green.

To the guy asking about the dvd's, I have it on good authority (second hand) that World Events Productions is in talks to release all of Voltron on DVD.  I don't know many more details than that.  My information comes from a gentleman that I see at local toy and comic shows.  He attends these shows selling anime and tv shows on DVD.  He was doing this at Kunicon, a japanese con that was held in St. Louis last year, where he got to meet and ask questions of a rep of WEP.  Fpr those of you that don't know, World Event Productions is located in St. Louis near the Arch and Riverfront.  Apparently WEP had a huge presence at Kunicon.  My point though is that Voltron should be on DVD soon.

361997[/snapback]

Thanks for the info. If DVDs for all the Voltrons are coming, it's only a matter of time that we'll see the Vehicle Voltron toy available to the public again. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the reviews to all those who had posted on this thread. They are very helpful. I happened to stop by Extreme Toys this afternoon. The MPC Lion Voltron looks really nice, enough for me to want one. It's very different seeing the toy up close in person than seeing its picture no matter how good or big the picture is.

• 6 months later...

I've heard the Toynami one was pretty good. I wonder if this die cast limited edition uber expensive Yamato version actually worth it.

I mean, I love Yamato toys, but how much better can this one be to justify shelling out US$365?

I would expect radio controlled lions for that prcie...

Color me skeptical but if this was acutally coming out don't you think we'd have heard something from say, a Japanese toy magazine or some other source months beforehand? Like prototype pics or something? Now I'm not trying to cast stones here but just who is this "NCS National Console Support" place anyway? Do they routinely scoop item releases?

I buy alot of import games from them. National Console Support also import alot of Japanese Toys as well. I got great deals from them with Valks when they first got them in.

Again, that's why I posted to see if anyone knows about this, I'm skepitic about this as well.

I'm very curious/interested. The Toynami just didn't LOOK that neat to me to justify the cost. If Yamato could do a better sculpt I'd be very interested. Though not $365 interested. And I've bought from NCS for like a decade.

Still, NCS's stock number is "TMY-VLTN"---Toynami Voltron? Maybe it's Yamato importing the Toynami one, and NCS is re-importing them back! :)

forget voltron or black jack rio, i want that oneechan bara X cosplayer shipped to me! i wonder how much that would cost.:)

I'd rather have Rio. Upkeep is cheaper. And there's less wierd questions about why you have a girl that doesn't speak english locked in your house.

Edited by JB0