X-men 3 Pics: Beast And Angel Revealed

bsu legato

red dragon was great....

349835[/snapback]

Could have been better. He had an excellent cast but ended up making a watered down, cookie cutter, movie-of-the-week thriller while Hopkins & co. laughed all the way to the bank.

Definitely not even a 1/10 of the brilliance seen in Lambs or Hannibal.

349852[/snapback]

but of course, Lambs is a classic, hannibal on the other hand was poop.

I'm disapointed Gambit didn't make it into the film. I liked characters like him and Long Shot. heh.

Psylocke is hot. Maybe they need to make it so rogue goes on some kind of mission away and bring her in instead. If they can manage to find a spot for a rogue thief or ninja type character that would complement the team's ability and make the battle more varied and exciting.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

The teaser is pretty safe. No doubt, they made it that way on purpose. The powers that be know damn well the fan following and the summer movie audience think fondly of the first two films, so they seem to be keeping a low profile with the teaser. It doesn't necessarily improve my opinion of the third film, but it doesn't confirm any of my fears as yet. I suppose, that's the point.

I remain skeptical as always. This is one x-flick I'm unlikely to see opening weekend, but anything is possible.

Edited by Mr March

I rather enjoyed the rush hour movies.

349926[/snapback]

I'm not saying that the Rush hour movies were not enjoyable, rather, that any competent director would have kept Chris Tucker's racially motivated, motor mouth ranting to a bare minimum, as every time he opened his mouth it just killed whatever mood-momentum the movie happened to be in; he's just not that funny of a guy, and the audiences I sat with hardly laughed with him....

A good director should instinctually know what will and will not work with people. As far as I can tell, Ratner has missed that target too often...

I too had my fears when it was announced that Ratner was going to direct this film, but the more I've heard the less I fear about X3 being a dissapointment. There were rumors early on that he wanted to include a character (Stacy X) from the comics that the Fans hated with a passion and it seems he relented and included Callisto in her place.

Damnit I was wrong Stacy X is still listed in the film. :angry::angry:

Edited by Golden Arms

Are there going to be any sentinels? Read some time ago that they would appear but the trailer doesn’t show what could be one of the coolest special effects.

Unless they appear in crappy puny human sized versions, looks like there won’t be any sentinels. I really wanted to see them in this movie (now that the franchise is strong there wouldn’t have been any budged problems).

Imagine hundreds of giant robots walking around New York rambling on and on "halt mutat" (I really loved the sentinels that tended to talk a lot :D ).

The trailer actually wasn't half bad. Beast certainly looked more convincing in motion than that still image of him going "Rawrrr" made him appear. But Ratner is still directing this, so I'm going to remain skeptical until next summer. I wouldn't be the first time a movie trailer looked better than the movie it was advertising.

I just want for Magneto to be as badassed as he was in the last movie. I thought it was extremely cheesy how they could lock one of earth's most powerful mutants in a "plastic prison," but they made up for it when he locked on to the iron in the guard's bloodstream. And catching the Blackbird before it crashed ? Loved it. ("When will these people learn how to fly?") But best of all, though, was when he pulled the pins out of the soldiers' grenades. I almost squealed with glee when I saw that. :lol:

Halle was given a larger role in this film from what I've heard. The Studio wanted Storm and Wolvie to have a onscreen romance of sorts. I've also heard that there supposed to be sentinels as well.

This is crap, Beast's hands are too small.

350102[/snapback]

:lol: Dont forget Angel is too short also!

I read somewhere that Berry wasn't happy with the fact that comic book geeks kept asking her why her part was so small since Storm is such a bad ass in the comics. In truth Storm should have a larger role, she was leader of the X-men and later the X-men Gold team. They have managed to shrink away Cyclops' importance in the last two movies so a more emphazized Storm might be refreshing. However I wonder about this romance with Logan...this just to prop up Jackman and Berry? It never happend in the comics...in fact Logan and Grey hooked up at some point in the Dark Phoenix Saga if I remember correctly.

PLEASE tell me this is not Vinne Jones as Juggernaut.

O__________O

350130[/snapback]

Sure looks that way...I would have thought they would have gone with a "hulked up" look as it should have been <_< Damnit I hate being an X-men comics geek...

OMG, is that a plastic muscle suit? LMAOROTF!!! Let's face it--there really is no way to bring a character like Juggernaut to the live-action big screen, at least convincingly. And no, making him a CG character won't solve the problem, either--refer to the crap-fest that was "The Hulk" for irrefutable evidence to this. Please refer any and all rebuttals to this plain and obvious truth to that brick wall over there...

I've never really been a fan of the X-films. Just didn't like most of the casting choices. As much as I like her, and as bootylicious as Halle "make-me-feel-good" Barry is, I just don't buy her as Storm. Didn't like what they did with Wolverine, either. Jackman was okay I guess, but isn't he 6'+? Even with my limited exposure to the comics, I think they still left a lot to be desired with his fleshing-out on film. His rough-edged toughness--he is the best there is at what he does--was reduced to just another celluloid schtick of one-liners and cliched machismo turned up ad-nauseum. I liked Prof. Xavier though. Thought Sabretooth's characterization/casting choice in the movie sucked.

oh yeah--the film ver. of Magneto's helmet makes him look like a dork.

Hey wait a minute, I take that back about Wolvie. They straight up made him a beeyatch! IIRC, he spent a good deal of the first film getting his arse handed to him--by a dame! who's only special ability is changing shape?

Edited by reddsun1

You know...it's called a MOVIE. It's HOLLYWOOD. Quit your b*tchin'. The X-films obviously aren't as bad as you make them to be otherwise they wouldn't be making a third one. Directors and such can only do so much with what they have available to them. If anything blame Marvel and Stan Lee. They're the ones who gave the OK to make these movies. SO DEAL WITH IT.

OMG, is that a plastic muscle suit?  LMAOROTF!!!  Let's face it--there really is no way to bring a character like Juggernaut to the live-action big screen, at least convincingly.  And no, making him a CG character won't solve the problem, either--refer to the crap-fest that was "The Hulk" for irrefutable evidence to this.  Please refer any and all rebuttals to this plain and obvious truth to that brick wall over there...

I've never really been a fan of the X-films.  Just didn't like most of the casting choices.  As much as I like her, and as bootylicious as Halle "make-me-feel-good" Barry is, I just don't buy her as Storm.  Didn't like what they did with Wolverine, either.  Jackman was okay I guess, but isn't he 6'+?  Even with my limited exposure to the comics, I think they still left a lot to be desired with his fleshing-out on film.  His rough-edged toughness--he is the best there is at what he does--was reduced to just another celluloid schtick of one-liners and cliched machismo turned up ad-nauseum.  I liked Prof. Xavier though.  Thought Sabretooth's characterization/casting choice in the movie sucked. 

oh yeah--the film ver. of Magneto's helmet makes him look like a dork.

Hey wait a minute, I take that back about Wolvie.  They straight up made him a beeyatch!  IIRC, he spent a good deal of the first film getting his arse handed to him--by a dame!  who's only special ability is changing shape?

350133[/snapback]

Edited by Oihan

You know...it's called a MOVIE.  It's HOLLYWOOD.  Quit your b*tchin'.  The X-films obviously aren't as bad as you make them to be otherwise they wouldn't be making a third one.  Directors and such can only do so much with what they have available to them.  If anything blame Marvel and Stan Lee.  They're the ones who gave the OK to make these movies.  SO DEAL WITH IT.

350160[/snapback]

Man, you're cranky.

Frankly, the X-Men movies WERE bad. They were little more than vapid plots used to ladle out two hours of fanservice with a big budget. Take away the X-Men name and they wouldn't have made half the money they did make thanks to fans. There's nothing wrong with being a fan, but at least be rational and understand that they could have been a hell of a lot better.

And no, "It's Hollywood" isn't an excuse because there's a lot of great movies produced every year.

I liked the X-Man movies... it wasn't Superman 2 but it wasn't Fantastic Four... I'm afraid this might become F4. But yeah, These movies could be better. I hate the fact that these movies don't accept that they're comic book movies. Instead of it becoming higher brow entertainment like the makers presume them to be, they just become water down versions of the books. Superman got it right. So did The Crow. Spiderman got the suit right too, they just need to tighten up that OC teen romance crap.