X-men 3 Pics: Beast And Angel Revealed

bsu legato

If they add any more secondary characters this whole movie wil look like the cover of one if those "Guide to the Marvel Universe" books, where there was a thousand different mutants all punching each other in the face.

350187[/snapback]

Halleluah!

Me? Cranky? Did you see the guys' post I was replying to? I'm just tired of all the b*tching. And "it's hollywood" is a valid excuse. They produce plenty of crap movies (Van Hellsing, Hulk anyone? I could go on). I was merely just stating that we should all take the movies for what they are and to stop crying so much. You think Marvel or Stan Lee would be willing to put out crap movies if they knew they'd alienate their fanbase to all hell and lose money, tarnishing their reputations? I'm sure they have some approval of these movies, otherwise I doubt we'd be seeing a third film. All in all, if you hate the movie, blame the creators, but stop crying about it.

You know...it's called a MOVIE.  It's HOLLYWOOD.  Quit your b*tchin'.  The X-films obviously aren't as bad as you make them to be otherwise they wouldn't be making a third one.  Directors and such can only do so much with what they have available to them.  If anything blame Marvel and Stan Lee.  They're the ones who gave the OK to make these movies.  SO DEAL WITH IT.

350160[/snapback]

Man, you're cranky.

Frankly, the X-Men movies WERE bad. They were little more than vapid plots used to ladle out two hours of fanservice with a big budget. Take away the X-Men name and they wouldn't have made half the money they did make thanks to fans. There's nothing wrong with being a fan, but at least be rational and understand that they could have been a hell of a lot better.

And no, "It's Hollywood" isn't an excuse because there's a lot of great movies produced every year.

350168[/snapback]

Me?  Cranky?  Did you see the guys' post I was replying to?  I'm just tired of all the b*tching.  And "it's hollywood" is a valid excuse.  They produce plenty of crap movies (Van Hellsing,  Hulk anyone?  I could go on).  I was merely just stating that we should all take the movies for what they are and to stop crying so much.  You think Marvel or Stan Lee would be willing to put out crap movies if they knew they'd alienate their fanbase to all hell and lose money, tarnishing their reputations?  I'm sure they have some approval of these movies, otherwise I doubt we'd be seeing a third film.  All in all, if you hate the movie, blame the creators, but stop crying about it.

350231[/snapback]

Oihan, I think you are forgetting this is Macross World where the fanboys bitch about everything.

They also screwed up in X2 by showing Colossus, but he had a normal American accent instead of Russian.

350202[/snapback]

I probably qualify as the single biggest Colossus fan on this board. If I can deal with it (and I am), anyone can.

Can we let Hulk out of the bickering? It was a different movie, the cgi was questionable, the ending was far away from perfect, but stands far better than 90% of the comic book movies out there. I liked better that the first Spiderman.

Yeah, I thought Hulk was alright, I mean how much better could they make it? It's not a very complicated story,the man gets angry and turns big and green and smashes stuff up. Nick Nolte's character was as screwed up as the actor himself.

I like Colossus too, but he's Russian, very Russian. That's a huge part of his identity.

I'm glad Kitty Pryde is in it, I thought she had a thing for Wolverine, not Colossus. Wasn't she in the Wolvie mini-series?

I'm glad Kitty Pryde is in it, I thought she had a thing for Wolverine, not Colossus. Wasn't she in the Wolvie mini-series?

350286[/snapback]

That was one of the two exceptions I was referring to (the other time was during "Secret Wars I" when Colossus fell in love with the alien goddess who healed him... even though they didn't speak a common language). Kitty did a brief stint as Logan's girl while she was training to be a CIA operative and assasin. The two eventually got back together and so far as I know, shared a romance up till the point where Colossus committed suicide/sacrificed himself (around issue #390 or so I think. can't remember) to help create a vaccine for the mutant "Legacy" virus.

Edited by Skull Leader

Watching The Hulk put me to sleep. :D

There's very few movies that I've actually fallen asleep in the middle of. The only ones I can think of are 1) The Hulk, 2) Gundam Savior 3) Cashern (live action). The only common denominaor I can think of is that all 3 movies featured large amounts of bad CGI. :D

OK that's nothing to do with X-Men 3, but I just felt like writing it down.

Graham

OMG, is that a plastic muscle suit?  LMAOROTF!!!  Let's face it--there really is no way to bring a character like Juggernaut to the live-action big screen, at least convincingly.  And no, making him a CG character won't solve the problem, either--refer to the crap-fest that was "The Hulk" for irrefutable evidence to this.  Please refer any and all rebuttals to this plain and obvious truth to that brick wall over there...

350133[/snapback]

Should put Ronnie Coleman or Jay Cutler in the next movie. There the closest thing you can get to the big J.

Me?  Cranky?  Did you see the guys' post I was replying to?  I'm just tired of all the b*tching.  And "it's hollywood" is a valid excuse.  They produce plenty of crap movies (Van Hellsing,  Hulk anyone?  I could go on).  I was merely just stating that we should all take the movies for what they are and to stop crying so much.  You think Marvel or Stan Lee would be willing to put out crap movies if they knew they'd alienate their fanbase to all hell and lose money, tarnishing their reputations?  I'm sure they have some approval of these movies, otherwise I doubt we'd be seeing a third film.  All in all, if you hate the movie, blame the creators, but stop crying about it.

350231[/snapback]

Oihan, I think you are forgetting this is Macross World where the fanboys bitch about everything.

350233[/snapback]

Hahaha. I guess I have forgotten that.... :/

You know...it's called a MOVIE.  It's HOLLYWOOD.  Quit your b*tchin'.  The X-films obviously aren't as bad as you make them to be otherwise they wouldn't be making a third one.  Directors and such can only do so much with what they have available to them.  If anything blame Marvel and Stan Lee.  They're the ones who gave the OK to make these movies.  SO DEAL WITH IT.

Whoa, I gotta come back and check the threads more often. I didn't realize my comments caused a furor. Bitching? I wouldn't say so. I've not even bought a comic in over 10 yrs, so I'll be the first to admit I'd hardly have room to speak with any "authority" on the characters--a lot's changed since I was actively reading them, I'm sure.

I realize I have a choice as to whether I support these films, i.e. not paying the $6 or so bucks at the theaters. And I'm sure I'll exercise the same choice with this one that I did with the previous ones--no thanks, I'll wait for cable. Whether I can stand to watch more than 15 minutes of this one will, like the others, depend on how much I think it sucks. I know Stan Lee, Marvel and whoever else had a hand in their production aren't out trolling this msg board--or any other for that matter--looking for moviegoers' opinions on how to improve their product. <_< Bearing that in mind, if I don't like it, I don't have to watch it. If I think it's worth avoiding and it might benefit a friend by saying so, that's what I'll do. Continuously accepting less-than-good product tends to lower expectations, I'd say. But hey, as long as Hollywood knows they can count on legions of saps willing to part with their dough without expecting much in the way of good story/entertainment in return, I'm sure they'll keep churning out the crap. They could give a rat's arse if I think they could/should do better, and I'm fine with that. They just won't get my money, that's all.

If anything, I thought I was sharing my opinions amongst other like-minded Macross-loving sci-fi fans, whose thoughts and comments on various topics I find entertaining and enjoy partaking of [for the most part]. That is what forums are for, aren't they? Or am I missing something? We can still do that here, can't we? It's called expressing one's opinion. That's what I'm doing. SO YOU DEAL WITH IT.

Good comic stories are either two short, too long or too much back story heavy to be directly be made into films, at least in the way Hollywood thinks.

Personally, I think the main problem on comic based movies lies on the way these movies are thought out. Movies have an Introduction, climax and an ending (as almost all narrative). The difference is that comics are an ongoing thing; they don’t have a real ending, plots do but the universe in which they take place is a result of older plots. So what happened on another plot conditions what future plots will have and so forth. Readers of the x-men, Hulk, whatever, have at least an idea of what went before and understand what goes on in the issue they are reading, why things are the way they are.

They also know that things that are foreshadowed will start or resolve future plots or subplots. Now, movie audiences have had little if no contact at all with comics. General public wouldn’t like to be in the middle of a story they don’t understand so……

We get the “origin†movies which are an experiment (in order to see if they can later make a franchise). This origins concentrate on one single thing, there’s little or no room for future subplots (the best you can hope for is an open ending). If this works, we get the sequel, which is like starting again (one plot that ends with the credits and if it does well, you get another sequel). Sequels take things from the previous films but concentrate more on the story they are telling this time, no room to foreshadow anything.

Hollywood needs to think long term with this things. Like with the Lord of the Rings, which was, since before it started shooting, going to be three movies that made up a whole big story with little subplots running along. This wasn’t like Matrix, where the studio wanted one movie and later made it out a trilogy. The first film can stand perfectly on its own, just like Star Wars. The second film ends with a cliffhanger so you’re at the edge of your seat until the third part . Imagine having this sensation from the very first film (not a “I want more†but a “What happens next!!!†just like a good comic must make you feel). Some good stories could be told in just two or three movies.

X2 did a good job at foreshadowing a decaf Fenix Saga (at least events that can continue evolving in the next movie). But imagine this since the first movie. Other players could have been briefly introduced and later been fleshed out on the sequels.

But what I’m talking about is really risky, making movies as if you were doing an ongoing or mini comic series (but they could also make more money if they took the gamble).

Well who cares, I want to see BIG sentinels :p

Anyone else notice the "fastball special" clip in the teaser? A true X-fan would appriciate and applaud that as a well placed tie in to the comics.

Yes I'm a dork who saw it frame by frame... :ph34r:

Edited by Zor Primus

Of all the things you could criticize in Hulk, I don't see the CGI as a problem either. All in all, Hulk was ok for a comic-book movie. Like I say, it never was the most complicated plot.

I just recently saw punisher, finally. I thought that was terrible, I actually like the Dolph Lundgren one better, and that ain't saying much.

Daredevil with Ben Affleck... :huh: bleck.

Let's face it, some of these comic books really aren't crying out for a movie.

Anyone else notice the "fastball special" clip in the teaser? A true X-fan would appriciate and applaud that as a well placed tie in to the comics.

350444[/snapback]

Ditto and yay! Best part of the Whedon run:

"I got two words for ya" Cut to full two page spread of the 'special :D

For fear of starting another 'small hands/cgi ass-tastic' debate....

x3colossus5fb.jpg

350444[/snapback]

Ditto and yay! Best part of the Whedon run:

"I got two words for ya" Cut to full two page spread of the 'special :D

For fear of starting another 'small hands/cgi ass-tastic' debate....

x3colossus5fb.jpg

350515[/snapback]

Oh that looks totally A$$-rific!

I've seen better CG done in Bryce.

I don't think blaming Stan Lee would be appropriate, though. I can recall hearing from some source, possibly one of the Spider Man dvd interviews, that Stan Lee may have created much of the Marvel Universe but he doesn't necessarily control what happens to that universe-some kind of rights snafu, or something...

In addition, I will continue to complain about craptastic releases such as Fantastic 4, DOA and whatnot, because it is obvious that the people responsible for these travesties have performed little to NO research in the creating of these films. I really don't believe that movie studios "owe" the fan (boy) anything, or have any other such responsibility to a franchise's followers, however if I were to produce and release a movie based on a video game/comic story, I would look at the history of the franchise, explore what the fans enjoy, hate and feel, and then base the movie on those two points. What other approach to a movie like this would be more successful, or profitable? I am protesting the lack of common sense, and the gall that these studios have at thrusting something that is incompatible and ignorant with a comic book/video game's established history and following; hoping that we the public will gladly lap up whatever it is they heap on us...

-I do think X-films are an exception, though; seeing Wolverine in yellow spandex would not have been good..

Edited by myk

The scene in the X-men 3 trailer when all the mutants are gathered around Mags in the woods and he's all like "They say they are trying to cure the world, well I say we are the cure!" really reminds me of a smilar scene in Final Fantasy VII Advent Children, anyone else notice this?

Edited by lord_breetai

The scene in the X-men 3 trailer when all the mutants are gathered around Mags in the woods and he's all like "They say they are trying to cure the world, well I say we are the cure!" really reminds me of a smilar scene in Final Fantasy VII Advent Children, anyone else notice this?

350594[/snapback]

Thats a bit of a reach if your trying to critizize the movie based on that... :rolleyes:

HAHA, not a clue what 99% of those lego characters are supposed to be (on the site at least) I suppose the ones posted here are xmen, but other than the 4 middle ones on top, I can't identify them either.

HAHA, not a clue what 99% of those lego characters are supposed to be (on the site at least)  I suppose the ones posted here are xmen, but other than the 4 middle ones on top, I can't identify them either.

350696[/snapback]

Just because is for you...

In order of apperance:

Storm, Professor X, Magneto, Wolverine, Cyclops, Jean Gray

Psylocke, Archangel, Colossus and Juggernaut

:lol:

HAHA, not a clue what 99% of those lego characters are supposed to be (on the site at least)  I suppose the ones posted here are xmen, but other than the 4 middle ones on top, I can't identify them either.

350696[/snapback]

In order of apperance:

350701[/snapback]

Thanks man, Colossus is terrible, but still funny.

350696[/snapback]

In order of apperance:

350701[/snapback]

350703[/snapback]

And Umpire Magneto isn't? :ph34r:

350696[/snapback]

In order of apperance:

350701[/snapback]

350703[/snapback]

And Umpire Magneto isn't? :ph34r:

350746[/snapback]

No Magneto is bad, but Colossus looks like a pile of junk.

350594[/snapback]

Thats a bit of a reach if your trying to critizize the movie based on that... :rolleyes:

350676[/snapback]

I'm not trying to critizize it based on that, I'm a huge fan of X-men and looking foward to the movie... it's just the association my head made... it reminded me of Advent Children...