Ace Combat Zero

RFT

The demo ad talks about adaptive AI, but I wasn't noticing it anywhere within. In fact, of the 10 or so times I've played through the demo now, I've approached it differently wherever I can (vary how tightly I stay on an enemy's tail, when I tend to fire my missiles, etc), and I've noticed no change. I too would rate the schnee squadron as only slightly easier than tackling yellow squadron from AC4. This was the one area where the AI seemed to exhibit some intelligence, as they used the F-14Ds eye-watering speed to their advantage (often outrunning me if I flew the mission in an F/A-18... still providing a chase in the F-15C too though). I still wouldn't call this "adaptive" AI as far as my performance was concerned, but a definate step up from the cannon fodder. It was neat to see F-14Ds in a cool black cammo paintscheme.

I'm really excited about this game coming out, but I DO hope the AI presents more of a challenge. I blew through AC4 and 5 on the ace difficulties without more than one or two trouble spots... if I'm gonna be an ace (regardless of which type I'm labelled), I wanna feel like I truly earned it!

The adaptive AI could easily only be in the final version. They chop out a lot of "invisible" stuff for demos. You'll note that like in AC5, the demo has no "follow the missile" camera view, despite being in the full game. Demos are also often a lot easier than the final game. (They want people to play and have fun, not think the game is hard and frustrating)

Or, maybe it only takes effect after each mission, as it reviews and updates. (of course, didn't Virtua Fighter 4 have "instant" adaptation?)

Edited by David Hingtgen

I seriously wish they'd port the title to the X-box. There's no good fighter games out there for it, Crimson Skies was too arcadey and waay worse than the PC's version.

Anyways, I'll probably still buy ACZero anyway.

Does anyone knows if Namco is selling a soundtrack for this one like AC5? I've fallen in love with the flamenco in the trailer, never thought acoustic guitar could go so well with dogfights.

382411[/snapback]

"Macross Plus."

Does anyone knows if Namco is selling a soundtrack for this one like AC5? I've fallen in love with the flamenco in the trailer, never thought acoustic guitar could go so well with dogfights.

382411[/snapback]

"Macross Plus."

382470[/snapback]

Those were violins. Unless you're talking about an AMV.

382411[/snapback]

"Macross Plus."

382470[/snapback]

Those were violins. Unless you're talking about an AMV.

382746[/snapback]

Nope, I'm talking about "Welcome to Sparefish."

Thanks. Few pieces of painted pvc tube, a few screws and metal clamps, and a couple pieces of board. Doubled up the pvc tube so its strong enough you can bang on the controls. The 2 mounts plug into pvc elbow joints. Bought the flightstick bundle with AC5, $60 chair $25 mounts, got the TV later.

DSCF0952.jpg

DSCF0944.jpg

DSCF0943.jpg

I really really hate myself now. I knew I shouldn't go digging but I just can't resist the temptation.

As of right now, some of you might have already played and beaten the JP version of ACZ and know the plot and ending.

I just want to say I curse my surfing habit right this moment for accidentally uncovering the plot twist from the game. Thanks to a certain underage gamer(judging from his post) in a game info site, he friggin' gave away the whole storyline without a spoiler alert and I walked right into it! I hate myself now. I don't know how am I going to enjoy the game next month.

Excuse me while I go do a memory wipe. :(

ACZ is released in Japan.

Here is a pic that screams YF-19 to my face.

383937[/snapback]

What the heck plane is that...?! It looks wicked! Definitely a strong resemblance to the 19, but I also see a little bit of the Mave from Yukikaze as well.

ACZ is released in Japan.

Here is a pic that screams YF-19 to my face.

383937[/snapback]

What the heck plane is that...?! It looks wicked! Definitely a strong resemblance to the 19, but I also see a little bit of the Mave from Yukikaze as well.

383998[/snapback]

It looks like the Falken from AC3 and 5, maybe they changed it a little to "fit in" with the 15 year fall back. Took away the panoramic monitor cockpit and the tactical laser system, and changed the engines a little bit. I hope thats real, because I'm in love with it.

The real Falken:

AC5Falken.jpg

Edited by Shmitty

Man, and I just play with my DualShock sitting on the bed...

PS---if you want real authenticity, get a black wool cover for the seat! It's showing up more and more often, especially the F-15 and 16. (And was on the simulator I got to sit in)

PPS---never go to any site about a game you want to play, until after you've beaten it. Far better to play the game again to get something you missed, than to have the whole thing spoiled.

Always gotta wonder if Kawamori was inspired by the D-21 drone:

Edited by David Hingtgen

The ADF-O1F Falken appeared in Ace Combat Two. I don't know if it ever showed up in AC3, since I got bored with it and quit. But the cockpit of the AC5 Falken is modeled on a similar concept to the "coffins" used in Electrosphere.

I wonder what the X02 Wyvern is doing in this game? I thought that was a new Erusian design developed toward the end of the Continental War on Usea, a decade later. I fully expected it in AC5, but not in Ace Combat Zero.

I'm ready for ACZ to come out. Ace combat is one of my favorites next to Steel Battalion.

383939[/snapback]

Man, you're making me cry!!!!

Now I feel ashamed of how I play AC. :(

Nobody has mentioned the Mitsubishi F-1. It's also included among the planes to appear in AC0.

And as many have already noticed, AC0 doesn't seem as "old" as it's supposed to be. :\

I'd also like a flyable Harrier, no matter if it's a Royal Navy's Sea Harrier or a newer USMC AV-8B ^_^

Edited by Garou Kuroryuu

Wow, game's not even out and a price drop already?!

http://www.gamestop.com/search.asp?sortby=...mbat&platform=0

384731[/snapback]

That's good!!!

It may be because of the release of the Mocosoft 360 and the upcoming release of other next-generation consoles, so games for the current consoles will start dropping fast.

Edited by Garou Kuroryuu

The stick is well worth it.  It's hard to go back to a DualShock after having the ability to keep your speed constant with the throttle.

384500[/snapback]

I agree, after you get the flight stick, nothing else can compare. Although is does take the difficulty way down in my opinion. You get so much more precision out of the flight stick, you can shoot down planes with guns with ease. On AC5 I can just completely own every level on ACE even with crappy planes. And don't forget you can go back and play AC4 with the stick if you want. Glad the price dropped, can't wait. April could be a really good month, AC Zero and VF-0S, what could be better.

Why should AC0 use older planes? Weren't most of the enemy planes in 5 supposed to be some kind of bootleg reproductions of already existing fighter desgins? Stands to reason Zero would feature superior production models.