Ace Combat Zero

RFT

Completed playthrough 3 (expert/mercenary) last night, so now the Falken and Morgan are in the shop waiting for me to earn the cash for them.

every plane now i've either unlocked ot bought except one, the F/A-18C, and i'm a touch nrevous because i now have to get my meter out of mercenary fast enough to be in "soldier" in 3 mission's time. much as I like the game i don;t want to have to slog all the way through yet another campaign just for the hornet.

it has been fun merc-ing through the missions, dropping FAEBs all over the place, especially densely-packed yellows.

Edited by RFT

Completed playthrough 3 (expert/mercenary) last night, so now the Falken and Morgan are in the shop waiting for me to earn the cash for them.

every plane now i've either unlocked ot bought except one, the F/A-18C, and i'm a touch nrevous because i now have to get my meter out of mercenary fast enough to be in "soldier" in 3 mission's time. much as I like the game i don;t want to have to slog all the way through yet another campaign just for the hornet.

it has been fun merc-ing through the missions, dropping FAEBs all over the place, especially densely-packed yellows.

Even if you are all the way over on the merc side of the ace meter, it shouldn't be to hard getting to soldier fast if you fly like a knight ace for a couple of missions. You just have to be carefull not to "accidentally" blast any yellow targets. Ignoring yellows like that tends to have a drastic affect on your ace style.

I did manage it by the narrowest of margins, so I've now unlocked every plane (though I haven't bought them all yet- that'll take a while).

Unlocked "The Gauntlet" as well, though I haven;t completed it yet.

It does take a while to pull in enough credits to buy every plane, but it's worth the effort. Some of the weaker all around planes, that most players don't buy right away, are a lot of fun to fly. B))

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I finally managed to acquire all of the medals in the game. I am still a little short on bagging all of the enemy aces. At last count I am missing fifteen in order to fill out the assault records. I have bagged every one of them that I have run into, but apparently these last ones have eluded me well enough to not end up in my crosshairs. Nobody is perfect, I guess I will just have to keep hunting on occation until I get them all. B))

• 10 months later...
I have to say, I'm digging the cover art for Ace Combat Zero.

Hey, if you guys can't wait to start shooting things down, may I reccomend a little game called Rebel Raiders: Operation Nighthawk? (Ignore the deceptive name... there are no Nighthawks, or any other real planes in the game, although your starting plane kinda reminds me of a VF-0.) The game really doesn't resemble Ace Combat... all the planes are fictional, and the controls are of a more arcadey nature. On the flip side, though, it's suprisingly fun for a budget game. It's the kinda game where you fly around and spam missiles at waves of enemy planes until you win. Or fight a boss. If this game was $50, hell, if this game was $30, I'd say it sucks and call it a day. But for $20, it's a fun little time waster.

I just got this game for like $8, if you don't have it check it out, it is sick. the weapons are crazy, aerial shot gun, missiles that you can launch and lockon after, so yo can have them in the air before you get behind your opponent, they change direction like crazy, almost like in Macross. Even a cluster 6 missile type attack.

I love the aerial nuke bombs the fighters have. launch then press the button again and then it blows, area denial weapon.

OH YEAH THE ENEMIES PLANES I SWEAR ARE THE YF-19,, same in every way as far as i can tell.

Some one get this game and tell me if i am wrong.

One of the fighters you can pilot even looks like the vf-25!!! but then that looks like a SU.

Whoah Thread Necromancy. For awhile I thought we were talking about a NEW game until I saw the date when I got to page 3 or 4 and started feeling the deja vu all over again.