New Pics of Yamato VF-0S 1/60

Graham

Heads up to anyone whos bought or is thinking about buying the first wave of VF0s. The pins in the hip bar and the shoulder areas kept falling out of mine when transforming between modes. Although i managed to easily fix the problem myself it might not be an isolated thing so keep an eye out.

Alex

Edited by Alex

Sorry I couldn't understand what a response was trying to say....does this come with a display stand or not? Someone in the twinMoons forums said that it does. Anyone in the know please enlighten us in less cryptic ways.

Chris

Damn , this toy really shaped up to be a great addition to the Yamato lineup. I´ll definitively get one for myself.

What really attracted me to the Vf-0 from the start was Gerwalk mode , and it surely looks good as a toy.

Edited by Aegis!

Deja vu, guys. Whether it's the 1/48 VF-1, the YF-19, or the VF-0, first run batches always have more quality control issues to deal with. As I said previously, maybe this incorrect shoulder won't interfere with the transformation process and it won't be too noticeable; then again, I'm not a battroid mode lover so it isn't much of a concern for me anyway.

Don't worry though, 3 years from now, when we're staring at the LV2, Stealth and countless other versions of the VF-0 I'm sure that the majority of the issues will be resolved...

Deja vu, guys.  Whether it's the 1/48 VF-1, the YF-19, or the VF-0, first run batches always have more quality control issues to deal with.  As I said previously, maybe this incorrect shoulder won't interfere with the transformation process and it won't be too noticeable; then again, I'm not a battroid mode lover so it isn't much of a concern for me anyway. 

Don't worry though, 3 years from now, when we're staring at the LV2, Stealth and countless other versions of the VF-0 I'm sure that the majority of the issues will be resolved...

395023[/snapback]

Precisely why I am awaiting the 2nd run or v2.0

Precisely why I am awaiting the 2nd run or v2.0

You did same with the low Vis??

395060[/snapback]

I never even bothered. The only 1/48 I bought was the 1S Hikaru. Thing is the VF-0 is pretty new and different, hence why I want to buy it. But usually in my case, I wait till everyone has their hands on the release and post reviews and stuff to watch out for. I never bought a YF-19 until the VF-19A came out. I should have waited for the FP VF-11 but I didn't and mine(version 1) broke like many others experiences.

Plus there is no guarantees there will be a version2. Maybe a reissue the same as the first issue. Best keep an eye out of dealers stock. If they are selling fast then most likely we may see a reissue. If not then better consider getting one before you have to pay premium for it later on. So far there is nothing major to cause for Yamato to retool the VF-0S. We have to wait for more reviews.

Plus there is no guarantees there will be a version2. Maybe a reissue the same as the first issue. Best keep an eye out of dealers stock. If they are selling fast then most likely we may see a reissue. If not then better consider getting one before you have to pay premium for it later on. So far there is nothing major to cause for Yamato to retool the VF-0S. We have to wait for more reviews.

395108[/snapback]

This is true, but for the most part, myself being a student still, I have to be more careful with my expenses thus more selective. I'd hate to buy something and have it be less than I expected to the point where I'd have to take a gamble and buy another and hope it isn't screwed up. With domestic releases I can simply go back and exchange it, but for these? I doubt it. I mean these are import only expensive toys. If the whole HG thing wasn't going on and these were distributed by yamato USA, then yes maybe I would be buying the first releases. But as it stands, its a bit of a risk.

I had no doubt in my mind the VF-0S would probably be the best yamato toy so far, in regards to qc and design. But in my experience, I found it best to play the waiting game. I waited to hear all of your views on the 1/60 hikaru and the review by Graham before finally deciding to buy one. I never wanted a "tab B" to happen to me. I always wait till I hear multiple views on macrossworld, then I proceed to buy. Because usually more than enough, I only gather enough money to buy 1. I mean my yamato VF-1 collection consists of a 1/60 and a 1/48. Hell I WISH I had enough money to get more, it sucks realizing that when my career lifts off in a few years that only then will I get enough funds to get everything, but by then maybe yamato won't be releasing them anymore and 2ndary prices might be sky high.

So with me, it don't hurt to be a lil careful. And besides thats what this forum is about in a way, getting the word out to the fellow collector of what to watch out for. If a bunch of you had it, and had barely any qc problems and the toy proved to be near flawless and great, and if I had the money, HELL YEA I would buy it! The VF-0 to me might actually be my fav valk design.

If I get enough funds by AMA and if i see it there, maybe I'll pick it up.

Yeah it's always a good idea to wait. Same with game consoles. I ended up rushing to get my xbox when it first launched all those years ago, and realise that because I had a thompson drive (mainly in early models) that I was going to be having problems down the long path. Similar with the GBA, I hated the dark screen (realising this might be a compromise for having long battey life) but couldn't be bothered buying the newer model and spending more money on the same thing. (even though I wanted one)

Same thing with software: Waiting until all the bugs have been found by people and proper patches before delving into it.

And for me toys are no different: I like to hear many different opinions on these from people who have owned other toys.

So now I have 'wait and see' policy. (I never preorder games, buy game consoles on launch day, see movies on opening night etc) I do hope for example that issues on the GBP are worked out from feedback by people with problems putting missiles in. Although only nitpicks, I do take note of all these issues because I've always been nitpicky and wanted a 'flawless' version. By taking note of the delicate parts I can hope to avoid snapping some part off because of a mistransformation, or from being careless and not paying attention to pieces that are under a lot of stress. (eg the little tabs on the VB6 Konig monster.) It's always a good idea to wait and take notes of what to look out for. Even the 1/48 is not flawless and if you are not careful, and have fast packs, you can easily snap off a hinge.

Hopefully we at least get a 1A. Wouldn't be hard to put improvments into that if there were any probs or issues in the 1S.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

It seems a few copies may got the wrong shoulder:

http://www.toysdaily.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=39288

394969[/snapback]

Ugghhh!!! This absolutely going to suck if I get mine like that. With my luck, I may get the one with the right shoulder. :angry:

Who puts these things together anyways and for that matter, isn't anyone supervising these assemblers? <_<

I'd have to say its easy to overlook the shoulder thing cause the valks i assume are assembled in fighter mode. So during the QC process you can't see if its the right shoulder or not.

:(