New Pics of Yamato VF-0S 1/60

Graham

Even though it doesn't retract, it will still need to be hinged at the top, so that in battroid mode it follows the angle of the canopy.

Graham

331576[/snapback]

Yeah, no matter what I would expect there to be a hinge. I'm guessing it will be a lot less prone to breakage as it wont rely on that track mechanism of the VF-1. Although it was a very clever design on the VF-1 it was rather fiddly and I found it to be a real weakness in the overall appeal of the toy.

The more I look at the pics, the more psyched I'm getting about this toy.

The fighter mode looks georgeous, seems absolutely accurate to the lineart and without the ugly hanging shoulder problem of the 1/48.

The battroid mode proportions also look excellent.

Transformation seems to be based on the 1/48, which IMO is a good thing as it is a proven system. If anything, the transformation should be quicker as there is no need to retract the hands or heatshield.

I for one am glad Yamato decided to drop the hinged flaps and detachable nose cone. While in theory it's a good gimmick, in reality they were a pain in the ass and won't be missed by me.

Can't wait until next year when this thing is released.

Graham

I for one am glad Yamato decided to drop the hinged flaps and detachable nose cone. While in theory it's a good gimmick, in reality they were a pain in the ass and won't be missed by me.

331796[/snapback]

They've been dropped?? Oh, man, I never noticed. Guess I'll miss 'em for the both of us. :(

Actually, I couldn't care less about the nosecone, but I loved the flaps enough that "moveable wingflaps!!" became a catchphrase of mine -- I used it a lot when I was telling friends how awesome the 1/48 was. :D

I guess it's "moveable cockpit!!" now. ;)

Edited by Renato

The more I look at the pics, the more psyched I'm getting about this toy.

The fighter mode looks georgeous, seems absolutely accurate to the lineart and without the ugly hanging shoulder problem of the 1/48.

The battroid mode proportions also look excellent.

Transformation seems to be based on the 1/48, which IMO is a good thing as it is a proven system. If anything, the transformation should be quicker as there is no need to retract the hands or heatshield.

Can't wait until next year when this thing is released.

Graham

331796[/snapback]

ditto couldn't agree with ya more...

This bird is going to rock

I don't know why but I'm not psyched about this release at all. For me the whole allure of Macross was how real it could be. The 1970's style 4th generation design of the body, the old-school riveting all over and even having different blocks of aircraft like the real ones of today made me love it so much.

Actually, I've pretty much had trouble liking any macross design past the vf-1 series.... but I think a lot of other people have the same opinion as me.. why else would there be a billion VF-1 variations on the market in comparison to the other designs ;0

While that may be true the VF-0 does stand on its own accord. The design is supposed to be the forefront to the VF-1.

I know how you feel about the design, but up until recently I have really become quite fond of the VF-0. Something about it is just so appealing, I think it has more to do with the style of the mech itself.

A definite must have for me.

Good eye. But to me it looks silly when you overlap them, it will affect how the wings extend in fighter and GERWALK modes, making the wings look lopsided in direct front and rear profiles.

331963[/snapback]

Personally, I like the distinctive look the overlapped wings give the VF-0. Makes it look different from the old VF-1 and it would be more functional for the real robot (just playing suspension of disbelief games here).

I can see a simple solution to any folding wing problem; just create a tapered folding housing. WHen the wings are extended (such as in fighter mode), they are level. As you fold the wings back, once side of the housing is tapered so the left wing will fold over the right. Simple solution.

But honestly, even if the wings were not exactly level in fighter mode, the difference would be negligible. None of my 1/48 yammies are absolutely, 100% level in the fully extended wing configuration. There's always some variance, albiet very small.

It's not finished yet so maybe they will include that feature.

All I know is I will be getting one. I wonder if the hand will be super posable hands or fixed posed where you can remove them? I want the wrists ball jointed with articulated fingers.

332481[/snapback]

Probably posable but they will better then the vf-1 hands cause they haven't to fold somewhere.

It's not finished yet so maybe they will include that feature.

All I know is I will be getting one. I wonder if the hand will be super posable hands or fixed posed where you can remove them? I want the wrists ball jointed with articulated fingers.

332481[/snapback]

Probably posable but they will better then the vf-1 hands cause they haven't to fold somewhere.

332486[/snapback]

I want hands along the lines of MG or PG Gundam Hands. :(

I'd pick Option #4.

4. Foldable, poseable hands that fit with the perfect transformation design of the toy - but peg holes so that bigger standalone hands could be put in.

Basically, the hand design(s) for the TV VF-1J 1/48 is perfect and it works for both camps.

I think the new DYRL style hands included with the new GBP armor are the nicer looking hands ever. I also like the 1/48VF-1J TV style hands. About the wings: Overlapping of the wings using a step mechanism would make the wings leveled in fighter mode.

The VF-0 in the pictures above(line art), reminds me a lot of the VF-11B. The head and shape of the wings are extremely similar to the VF-11B IMO. I guess they would explain it as the VF-0 being the predecessor of the VF-11B. I love the VF-11B design even more than the YF-19, and YF-21.

I personally like the VF-0S, and all the other variations. I'll get as much of them as I can. I guess price will tell...I guess thirteen 1/48s are not enough for me...I can't believe I love Macross so much...Such a sexy design...

Yeap,

V!C

Edited by vlenhoff

The price of the 1/60 VF-0S has not been announced yet. I expect it will be a similar price to the 1/48 VF-1, or perhaps slightly more expensive, as after all it is a bit bigger.

The VF-0S will come with the leg-mounted FAST packs as standard. As for the Ghost Booster or Reactive Armor, this has not been announced yet, but I imagine there is a good chance we will see them in the fulness of time, as long as sales of this new line are strong.

Graham

The price of the 1/60 VF-0S has not been announced yet. I expect it will be a similar price to the 1/48 VF-1, or perhaps slightly more expensive, as after all it is a bit bigger.

The VF-0S will come with the leg-mounted FAST packs as standard. As for the Ghost Booster or Reactive Armor, this has not been announced yet, but I imagine there is a good chance we will see them in the fulness of time, as long as sales of this new line are strong.

Graham

333812[/snapback]

similar in price to a 1/48?!?! I still don't have a 1/48 :blink: . I've been to busy flushing out my 1/55 collection while everybody's selling theirs to buy 1/48's :D . As sweet as it looks I'll probably have one before I get my first 1/48.

WM_Cheng's? I'm really psyched for this release...only problem is that I am running out of room really quickly... I've got space for my VF-1A CF and then Idk what I'm gonna do... I want this, 2 more 1/48s (VF-1D, and one plain one I think) and a Scopedog too, and have to keep current with TF Alternator releases... just too much goodness for one house...

WM_Cheng's?  I'm really psyched for this release...only problem is that I am running out of room really quickly... I've got space for my VF-1A CF and then Idk what I'm gonna do...  I want this, 2 more 1/48s (VF-1D, and one plain one I think) and a Scopedog too, and have to keep current with TF Alternator releases... just too much goodness for one house...

334691[/snapback]

Sorry, not WM. This belongs to a guy with the handle Young, over at e2046. This guy does some amazing work on G-System Gundam models. You have to subscribe to see his other works.

;)