Thundercats

Keith

this coming from some one who quotes arnold..... :lol:

319943[/snapback]

Thats 'Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger' to you. I suppose since you are picking on Arnold, you have accomplished more with your life. I mean more than looking at your avatar I would guess you are some sort of Goth Queen. Good for you, the world still needs SOMEONE to work at Blockbuster.

319958[/snapback]

You're right, I seriously doubt Sabretooth has done anything as impressive as staring in Junior AND Jingle All the Way.

320104[/snapback]

The oak got about $20 mil for each, so you are right, our resident Goth Queen hasn't done anything as impressive.

well at least i don't post about how i DID NOT GET LAID IN MEXICO in my signiture. if i was gay agent one would'nt even be on my to bang list as he apparently has no balls in regards to actually getting some ass.

he is a bottom

and he probably nails "if he could actually talk to a sober girl" the fat chick in the group.

"hi i am agent one and i love it in the ass" would be a more appropriate sig.

i have leather pants with the ass cheeks intact. and i really don't need to say how straight i am when i am not the one whose avatars have included, a burly man with a green pulse rate that flashes across his nipple, and the back of a strapping young male and god knows what ever else he could find in the realm of homoerotica.

that is gay, not in the flaming way more so along the like of "i like my frat brothers so much that if i was drunk enough that i would pound their out holes like a rabid chimpanzee".

any ways

thundercats was at it's time quite watchable and i'll probably rent it eventually. i wonder if stracom was a bad as i remember.....

well at least i don't post about how i DID NOT GET LAID IN MEXICO in my signiture. if i was gay agent one would'nt even be on my to bang list as he apparently has no balls in regards to actually getting some ass.

he is a bottom

and he probably nails "if he could actually talk to a sober girl" the fat chick in the group.

"hi i am agent one and i love it in the ass" would be a more appropriate sig.

i have leather pants with the ass cheeks intact. and i really don't need to say how straight  i am when i am not the one whose avatars have included, a burly man with a green pulse rate that flashes across his nipple, and the back of a strapping young male and god knows what ever else he could find in the realm of homoerotica.

that is gay, not in the flaming way more so along the like of "i like my frat brothers so much that if i was drunk enough that i would pound their out holes like a rabid chimpanzee".

any ways

thundercats was at it's time quite watchable and i'll probably rent it eventually. i wonder if stracom was a bad as i remember.....

320387[/snapback]

Story isn't over Goth Queen. Go back and paint your face white again, someone might think you are a man.

Now now, are we gonna have to separate you two?

Anyways, the Thundercats "out takes" can be found at Newgrounds.com. Every now and then, I still go back for another looksee. Still good for some chuckles. Don't ask me why, but Mum-Rah cracks me up more than any of the others. Maybe it's that screen cap of the decrepid old mummy, and to hear such erratic and seemingly "senile" ramblings coming from his voice actor. Hilarious!

Oh yeah, What the FU-K is a samo-flange?! :lol:

Edited by reddsun1

...i am not the one whose avatars have included, a burly man with a green pulse rate that flashes across his nipple, and the back of a strapping young male and god knows what ever else he could find in the realm of homoerotica....

320387[/snapback]

HAHA, I star in all of my avatars (the green pulserate one was me in a tribute to the $6 mil. man). I am that "burly/strapping young male"... Thanks for the compliment... Now who's gay you fukin biatch! HAHAHA!!!

Don't worry about it. My body is perfect, it has been the reason for many to question their sexuality. I don't think just liking my body in itself makes you gay though, pretty much everyone this site admires it, even if they don't care to admit it.

so you still like boys right?

or is all of this built up angst is because you can't get laid or you can't get yourself IN yourself...?

one twisted little sexual deivant you are indeed.

for the record that pic was from halloween, and it is the only time i have ever painted my face.

:D

or is all of this built up angst is because you can't get laid or you can't get yourself IN yourself...?

for the record that pic was from halloween, and it is the only time i have ever painted my face.

320615[/snapback]

heh... just walk away. you can't win this.

320615[/snapback]

Read the rest of the blog. Pure AWESOMENESS, as with everything I say and do.

I can't help but noticing that you are really excited at the prospect of me being gay, as I said in my earlier post, my power and beauty are an inspiration to all humanity. I expect all to lavish over the perfection of my physique and my attitude... However as you aren't letting up with the 'gay' accusations I can only conclude that you are wanting homosexual relations with me. Being a Goth sissy I am sure you are accostomed to sexual identity chrisis as the women of your kind are much more manly than the boys of your kind. I truly appologise for being straight but the women that I please sexually are the only ones who get to enjoy the greatness of Agent ONE.

I am flatered at your compliments of my physique on the previous page, but you will just have to find an equally muscular GAY man to satisfy your needs.

I always thought the Tcats sword was cool, I mean pretty convenient how it would go from being a dager to being a full blown sword. When I pick up my Conan sword and swing it around for a an hour I wonder how these guys carried that sh!t around all day.

320615[/snapback]

heh... just walk away. you can't win this.

320643[/snapback]

True.

A1's ego is proof that a perpetual motion machine IS possible.

I remember Captain Power, the videotapes had some pretty nice 2D animation for the battle sequences as I recall, though the show was all live action with...was it CG for the bad guys? Guys in suits? Stop motion? I can't recall, it's been so long, but I don't think it had any 2D animation in it. And yeah, it was pretty dark. That's a show I'd like to see sometime.

I remember another Captain of the 80's: Captain N!! loved that belt of his with the pause button and who can forget the dwarf Mega Man, Simon Belmont the jackass and the huge Game Boy.

Yay Nintendo! :p

Ok A1, what about the Conan The Aventurer (I think that was the title) cartoon from the early-mid 90's, you know, the one where Conan hung out with the talking bird?

320675[/snapback]

I watched about 2 min of it... Be it Robert E Howard's Conan (the original) or the either version of the comic, or the Schwarzenegger movies, Conan's power is partially from his unreal agressiveness. He didn't have that in the cartoon so it just didn't seem anything like Conan to me. I mean it was totally a different kind of character.

Ok A1, what about the Conan The Aventurer (I think that was the title) cartoon from the early-mid 90's, you know, the one where Conan hung out with the talking bird?

320675[/snapback]

I watched about 2 min of it... Be it Robert E Howard's Conan (the original) or the either version of the comic, or the Schwarzenegger movies, Conan's power is partially from his unreal agressiveness. He didn't have that in the cartoon so it just didn't seem anything like Conan to me. I mean it was totally a different kind of character.

320739[/snapback]

Then you were lucky enough to miss the sequel cartoon where they teamed him up with kids...

TC on DVD ? ? ? :blink:

Dear God !!! I see it on a regular basis over at this corner of the world! :lol:

They show it on Cartoon Network at around 9pm or something...

HELL ! even Centurions & Swatkats :blink:

all I'm wondering now is when they're gonna show the other stuff...

DISCLAIMER:

I thought TC was cool when I was a kid (we even used to rent the videos!). NOW, I ask myself "what the hell was I smoking?" and i can say the same for every other show back in the '80's :lol:

Oh yeah, that karate cat show isn't a myth... it's REAL !!! I used to watch it after coming home from school :ph34r:

THE HORROR... THE HORROR... :lol::lol::lol:

Edited by UN_MARINE

320675[/snapback]

320739[/snapback]

Then you were lucky enough to miss the sequel cartoon where they teamed him up with kids...

320745[/snapback]

WOW! Sounds like it.

I remember Captain Power, the videotapes had some pretty nice 2D animation for the battle sequences as I recall, though the show was all live action with...was it CG for the bad guys? Guys in suits? Stop motion? I can't recall, it's been so long, but I don't think it had any 2D animation in it. And yeah, it was pretty dark. That's a show I'd like to see sometime.

320693[/snapback]

IIRC, the ships had underneath handles shaped like guns ( i.e. pistol grips and triggers) And you could shoot the TV and score points by some counter. On the flip side, the TV would emit some kind of signal and if your ship got hit, the cockpit and canopy would eject.

Yah. Based on flicker rate.

If you were pointed at something flickering at one rate, it viewed it as a target, and pulling the trigger scored a point.

If it was flickering at another rate, it was a shot, and being pointed at it would lose a point, unless you were firing at it(if I recall, it was possible, but dangerous, to actually score a point by shooting shots).

I dont think that every worked out well, but that was during the interactive phase ( when Duckhunt was out, and Nintendo made the Action Pad where you had to jump on the pad, etc)

Funny you mention Duck Hunt.

We still have light gun games now. And they're a LOT more popular than they were then(let's be honest, most people only had Duck Hunt because it came with the NES, and there weren't exactly a lot of other uses for the zapper).

And the Power Pad... see DDR.

But the Power Pad was very much post-Captain Power.

ANYWAYS...

Captain Power was killed at the end of the first season because

A. people were throwing fits about the over-comercialization of children's entertainment(Something to the effect of "not only does every show now have a toy, but you HAVE to buy the toy to enjoy the show now!111"), and

B. the company making it had more profitable ventures to pursue. This may have been due in part to people not believing it really worked. I know my mom only got me and my sister our Powerjets because we wanted them REALLY bad. She was pretty sure all the shooting at videotapes and other toys was just a load of marketing crap that didn't actually work.

LOL, even the mighty Oak must bow down before the power of Chuck Norris, and the Karate Commandos! Fear the Shinobi slicers! Beware the Onokamo Fender Blade! :lol: OMG, those were the days. What was Chuck thinking?

Yeah, you never know when that trampoline spoiler's gonna come in handy... :ph34r:

post-1488-1124214333_thumb.jpg

LOL, even the mighty Oak must bow down before the power of Chuck Norris, and the Karate Commandos!  Fear the Shinobi slicers!  Beware the Onokamo Fender Blade!  :lol:  OMG, those were the days.  What was Chuck thinking? 

Yeah, you never know when that trampoline spoiler's gonna come in handy... :ph34r:

320761[/snapback]

Woah, now THAT is lame.

I remember another Captain of the 80's: Captain N!! loved that belt of his with the pause button and who can forget the dwarf Mega Man, Simon Belmont the jackass and the huge Game Boy.

320712[/snapback]

HELL YES!

I want to see that resurrected.

I could hear Capcom and Konami crying from halfway around the world at the mere thought.

320712[/snapback]

HELL YES!

I could hear Capcom and Konami crying from halfway around the world at the mere thought.

320763[/snapback]

Hey I just remembered that! The dwarf MegaMan ruled. Nintendo had 2 shows thoguh, they also had Mario Bros, live action, which was horrible, then every Friday it was a Zelda cartoon hosted by the Mario Bros. I thought Zelda was kinda cool only because when I was a kid I wanted to kill people with swords.

320712[/snapback]

HELL YES!

320763[/snapback]

Hey I just remembered that! The dwarf MegaMan ruled. Nintendo had 2 shows thoguh, they also had Mario Bros, live action, which was horrible, then every Friday it was a Zelda cartoon hosted by the Mario Bros. I thought Zelda was kinda cool only because when I was a kid I wanted to kill people with swords.

320767[/snapback]

They also had Super Mario 3 as a standalone cartoon. And Mario World.

320761[/snapback]

That's a sweet Trans-Am.

As hokey as Chuck Norris' career has been, he actually does have actual skills (won a number of karate championships back in the day), credentials (anyone who's friends with Bruce Lee gets a lot of points) and doesn't come off like he'd be the assbag in real life that just about every other action star comes off like.

COnan!

The Adventure!

Conan!

Warrior With Out fear!

He'll do anything with his mighty sword protecting his rear!

I can't remember the rest!

320744[/snapback]

It's

Conan!

The Adventurer..

Conan!

Warrior without Feaaaaar

He's more powerful than any man...

His legend spreads across the land and seeeeeeea... (random man screaming)

(narrated) Conan, the mightiest warrior EVER.

His quest; to undo the spell of living stone cursed upon his family

By driving the evil serpent men back into another dimension

And to vanquishing there leader...

The cruel wizard Wrath-A-Mon!! (end naration)

(singing with Awwing chorus in the background resumes)

Conan!

The Adventurer!

Conan!

Man of Braveryyyyyy!

With his his many swords protecting,

The Mightiest of Warriors is heeeeeeere...

(narator) Feel the Power!! (/narator)

Conan!

There ya go. Guess who has all of it and many old shows (and many more listed) in her vast VHS animated collection having been an animation major)

I remember that cartoon. The talking bird was deliberately anoying but I don't think conan liked him because it was always asking for polmagranites (sp?)

In the end Set and the Snake people were defeated and I think they got put into another dimension or something at stonehenge.

I think the reason cartoons sucked so much was censorship. Despite the use of guns did anyone in GI Joe actually die or get injured?

In transformers, did any of the autobots actually show noticable damage or come close to being killed?

That all changed with the TF movie and if I recall people were really pissed off that optimus died in that. (ironically) But given that cartoons are for little kids and for toy companies to market merchandise, can you blame them for sucking?

Not much has improved: look at yugioh, and all those pokemon-esque cartoons. Where are the "Star Blazers", "Astro Boy" or "Robotech" (don't be offended - although it pales to the real thing, it still beats most toons of the 80s) for this generation's kids? All kiddy toons suck because people are looking back at stuff from the point of an adult and can see the cheese. But I bet half of you had toys of the stuff when you wuz kids. (I'll admit though that even as a little kid I thought half of them were crap - even stuff that was popular like the ninja turtles)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I remember that cartoon. The talking bird was deliberately anoying but I don't think conan liked him because it was always asking for polmagranites (sp?)

In the end Set and the Snake people were defeated and I think they got put into another dimension or something at stonehenge.

I think the reason cartoons sucked so much was censorship. Despite the use of guns did anyone in GI Joe actually die or get injured?

In transformers, did any of the autobots actually show noticable damage or come close to being killed?

That all changed with the TF movie and if I recall people were really pissed off that optimus died in that. (ironically) But given that cartoons are for little kids and for toy companies to market merchandise, can you blame them for sucking?

Not much has improved: look at yugioh, and all those pokemon-esque cartoons. Where are the "Star Blazers", "Astro Boy" or "Robotech" (don't be offended - although it pales to the real thing, it still beats most toons of the 80s) for this generation's kids? All kiddy toons suck because people are looking back at stuff from the point of an adult and can see the cheese. But I bet half of you had toys of the stuff when you wuz kids. (I'll admit though that even as a little kid I thought half of them were crap - even stuff that was popular like the ninja turtles)

321029[/snapback]

i was thinking on what A1 once said about today's kids being worthless pussies. i know cartoons are supposed to be made for kids but even when they're main goal is to sell merchandise at least they should be done in a way that teaches them how to confront tough situations and beat the odds.

as far as seeing a character dying in a cartoon i can recall the G.I. joe movie that was released in mid-80's.

sometimes i wished things where like in the old days... but since they are not the only thing left to do is to keep on going forward for better times.