Thundercats

Keith

This looks like it'll be pretty awesome. Just from the trailer, I get the impression it'll have somewhat of a new BSG tone with the last days of Thundera beginning the story, then following to Third Earth.

looks good but all happen in thundera no third planet i wonder if travel until the second season although mumra like enemy dont make sense :wacko:

The trailer gives me the impression that most of the sci-fi elements from the original has been taken out. No spaceship, vehicles, or anything resembling the high tech base the original cast made. Magic maybe?

• 1 month later...

You know what I gotta say I'm mildly intrigued. And that Cheetara was lookin' mighty fine...

Edited by myk

Avatar? I don't get that at all, it pretty clearly following the Rome analogy they setup from the original show

I thought my statement was pretty clear; I am talking about the stylistic design choices made in the new series. We've gone from fairly adult looking designs from the original series to that now-popular "Americanized" anime look. I'm not really digging it.

I thought my statement was pretty clear; I am talking about the stylistic design choices made in the new series. We've gone from fairly adult looking designs from the original series to that now-popular "Americanized" anime look. I'm not really digging it.

that's cool if it's not your thing, but what about the designs strike you as avatarish? :unsure:

Yeah it says it was a day of peace and posterity on Third Earth. I feel like that was out of context, not sure because it sure seems like Thundera to me. In the middle of the trailer it seems like Jaga was telling Lion-to leave to go somewhere, which tells me that they follow the storyline that they leave for earth... weird.

Found this:

ThunderCats: The re-imagined animated series based on the beloved 80s classic tells the tale of a hero’s epic journey to fulfill his ultimate destiny. On Third Earth, the kingdom of Thundera is being threatened by the evil sorcerer Mumm-Ra and young heir to the throne Lion-O embarks on a great quest to take his rightful place as king. The unlikely champion, joined by his faithful comrades Tygra, Cheetara, Panthro, WilyKit, WilyKat and his loyal pet Snarf, must work together to save their world from darkness.

http://www.nickandmore.com/2011/03/23/cartoon-network-upfront-2011/

towards the middle.

Yeah it says it was a day of peace and posterity on Third Earth. I feel like that was out of context, not sure because it sure seems like Thundera to me. In the middle of the trailer it seems like Jaga was telling Lion-to leave to go somewhere, which tells me that they follow the storyline that they leave for earth... weird.

Found this:

http://www.nickandmore.com/2011/03/23/cartoon-network-upfront-2011/

towards the middle.

I think the idea is that the show takes place well after the events of the first thundercats show and that the thundercats civilization has reached a sort of decadence and corruption and are under attack from the populations they had subjugated and dominated for so long.

The show never made sense to me. There were like 10 living self-aware beings living on an entire planet, and they just had to fight to determine the ruler... Like there wasn't enough room for them all?!

I think the idea is that the show takes place well after the events of the first thundercats show and that the thundercats civilization has reached a sort of decadence and corruption and are under attack from the populations they had subjugated and dominated for so long.

reboot!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...