Cool Picture I found in the bathroom

Father Jack

So a funny thing happend on the way to the forum...

I was on my way to a job interview yesterday, and it was only a mile from where I live so I just decided to walk it. I stopped to use the bathroom at the local half price books and what should I see on the wall but a picture of a Q-rau. I was like wow thats unusual. Then I turned around, and the other side was plastered with Macross pictures. I fell in love with this one and asked them if I could purchase it. (You should have seen the look on the clerk's face when I asked her if I could purchase one of the pictures from the men's room. :lol: )

Anyway they gave it to me for 50 cents it looks like a parody of the work of Alfons Mucha. Anyway here you go...

(Special thanks to my girlfriend Rachelle for helping with th photoshop work.)

post-1135-1123114336_thumb.jpg

Edited by Father Jack

Cool Picture. I wonder where it is really from?

The print comes from This Is Animation Original Illustration Super Dimension Fortress Macross Character Edition. This is a folder of 10 B4 size illustrations published by Shogakukan in 1983.

If the picture wasn't too big for my scanner, I'd post here at a better reslotion.

Cool Picture. I wonder where it is really from?

The print comes from This Is Animation Original Illustration Super Dimension Fortress Macross Character Edition. This is a folder of 10 B4 size illustrations published by Shogakukan in 1983.

If the picture wasn't too big for my scanner, I'd post here at a better reslotion.

317140[/snapback]

Stealing it did cross my mind, but I'm too honest. :D

Is yours printed on card stock cause that's what mine came on.

I scaned the image in at 300dpi (Freaking huge!) but here is a bigger image let me know if you want something even bigger it should be no problem.

edit: Made it a little bigger as per toonz's request cause I didn't see it the first time.

post-1135-1123161795_thumb.jpg

Edited by Father Jack

Hey man, just wondering if you've ever seen those Dateline NBCs where they do the hotel and phone booth exposes. You know where they run the red light over everything and you can actually see the stains......

(Just kidding man, just busting your chops, great find, thanks for sharing)

317226[/snapback]

Yes I have... I didn't think about that :unsure:

:lol:

Yeah, I own that picture too.  I always wished it was in colour, though.

Photoshop masters.....we need you!!! :(

317640[/snapback]

My girlfriend just kind of volunteered to give the picture color. Her exact words were, "No! I need to do it because It will be terrible unless they put it in traditional art nouveau colors." So she wants to do it for coloring practice in photo shop, and because she loves Mucha's work which this is based on.

So we'll see what happens.

317640[/snapback]

My girlfriend just kind of volunteered to give the picture color. Her exact words were, "No! I need to do it because It will be terrible unless they put it in traditional art nouveau colors." So she wants to do it for coloring practice in photo shop, and because she loves Mucha's work which this is based on.

So we'll see what happens.

317661[/snapback]

Yes!! I'm so looking forward to this, as I too am an avid Alphonse Mucha fan. :lol:^_^

317640[/snapback]

"No! I need to do it because It will be terrible unless they put it in traditional art nouveau colors."

317661[/snapback]

if it aint baroque... don't fix it!

:unsure:

boo hiss!

*ducks*

I'd love to see that in color! If your girlfriend does it, make sure she works with the highest possible resolution scan!

Great find! Thanks for sharing!

H

I'd love to see that in color!  If your girlfriend does it, make sure she works with the highest possible resolution scan!

Great find!  Thanks for sharing!

H

317698[/snapback]

She will she's a graphic designer and a good one at that so she definately knows what she's doing. So no worries

That's pretty cool.  If the bathroom was plastered with Macross pics then why did you only buy that one?

317710[/snapback]

well for one I thought they wouldn't let me buy even that one. But mostly it was because I thought it was rather unique. The rest of the images I had seen in one form or another before, but I had never seen this one.

O.K I just photograhed both sets of these from my originals with my digi camera. I've got to leave for work right now, but when I get back ( around 11 hours or so from now) I'll download them to my computer and I can make up a couple of Acrobat documents like I did for the FlashBack 2012 Graffitti book.

But I'll need someone to host them. That is if enough folks want them. So let me know if I should bother. And if someone could volunteer some web space that would be great. If nobody has any then I'll PM Rob (samuraim)and see if he can host them as he did with the Flashback 2012 stuff. :unsure::o:D

Just an update on the colored version.  The backround portion is about 80% done the characters will come after that.  It looks pretty good so far.  However she is doing it very high quality, and so far the high resolution version is about 40 megs.

We'll see how it turns out.

318001[/snapback]

Sweet. B))

I'm as excited about this as I am of the 1/48 GBP armour. :)

quick update, the backround is done as is most of Misa. Overall it is about half way there.

Oh and we can make posters actually (The girlfriend works in a print shop). Though I will have to have her tell you guys the details. (She tried to explain it to me, but I don't get it :lol:).