Cool Picture I found in the bathroom

Father Jack

yeah she's working on it. Like I said backround is done, Most of the of the characters have their basic colors on overall it is about 75% there. We are going to put out a high res version, and a desktop version. She says maybe it will be done next week. (She does have a job and usually is rather tired after work. Plus she really doesn't like Macross so it is impressive that I got her to do it at all.)

Anyway just be patient a while longer, the way it is going it will look totally boss when its done ;)

She was an art student and one of her favorite artists is Mucha. This picture is based off his work (or at the very least the art nouveau style). So she has lots of material to draw refrence from. She decided to base this on one of Mucha's works where muted colors are used for the backround while the subject is in brighter colors.

So it wasn't very hard for her at all.

I still wonder why the picture was in the men's bathroom :lol:

But what a catch, maybe i should look around the next time i bump into a local bookstore washroom :rolleyes:

321486[/snapback]

It was a used book store, and they said they just hang up whatever loose items they should happen to get. So they must have found one or both of those sets of boxed prints, and decided to hang them up.

lucky for me I guess.

Edited by Father Jack

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry delayed a bit had to help a friend move, and my girlfriend was working on more stuff for her portfolio which takes precidence over this. However there is just Minmay and Millia left to color. Then after some detail work is sorted out we will release it.

Thanks to everyone for being patient.

I still wonder why the picture was in the men's bathroom :lol:

But what a catch, maybe i should look around the next time i bump into a local bookstore washroom :rolleyes:

321486[/snapback]

It was a used book store, and they said they just hang up whatever loose items they should happen to get. So they must have found one or both of those sets of boxed prints, and decided to hang them up.

lucky for me I guess.

321495[/snapback]

Yes.

Strange policy, but whatever works I guess.

She was an art student and one of her favorite artists is Mucha.  This picture is based off his work (or at the very least the art nouveau style).  So she has lots of material to draw refrence from.  She decided to base this on one of Mucha's works where muted colors are used for the backround while the subject is in brighter colors. 

321480[/snapback]

Its mostly Pastel toned watercolours no? Art is a bit of a passion of mine, and its pretty cool to see two very separate interests of mine converging.

She was an art student and one of her favorite artists is Mucha.  This picture is based off his work (or at the very least the art nouveau style).  So she has lots of material to draw refrence from.  She decided to base this on one of Mucha's works where muted colors are used for the backround while the subject is in brighter colors. 

321480[/snapback]

Its mostly Pastel toned watercolours no? Art is a bit of a passion of mine, and its pretty cool to see two very separate interests of mine converging.

324462[/snapback]

Yes I believe that is correct. Though I only know what she has shown me.

I found a color version of it a while ago, kinda small though...

324551[/snapback]

Nice. I hope ours will look that good when it's done.

324585[/snapback]

Well the one that is posted isn't really in the style of the Early 20th Century artists. It looks like someone just used markers to make it look "cool." I'm more excited to see this one which would be more authentic

I had forgotten about this! But I'm very excited to see the final result! I need Macross-related wall decorations!

H

ooo nice. I need to get me that TIA portfolio thingy. So when is your girlfriend gonna be done with the color pix?

AHEM!

Aug 5 2005, 02:47 PM

Post #27

O.K I just photograhed both sets of these from my originals with my digi camera. I've got to leave for work right now, but when I get back ( around 11 hours or so from now) I'll download them to my computer and I can make up a couple of Acrobat documents like I did for the FlashBack 2012 Graffitti book.

But I'll need someone to host them. That is if enough folks want them. So let me know if I should bother. And if someone could volunteer some web space that would be great.

324551[/snapback]

324585[/snapback]

Well the one that is posted isn't really in the style of the Early 20th Century artists. It looks like someone just used markers to make it look "cool." I'm more excited to see this one which would be more authentic

324598[/snapback]

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing...

I was just restating an offer I made earlier at, what I thought was, an apropriate time.I'm leaving for the weekend todat so I won't be able to work on the images 'till next week, but as I'm no longer working I should be able to get it all done on Monday. Are you interested in both sets of illustrations - Mecha & Characters or just one of the sets?.

324551[/snapback]

324585[/snapback]

324598[/snapback]

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing...

324999[/snapback]

This is true, but it does look "Cool" and is fairly well done.

I do prefer the one we are working on since it is more subdued (and looks way more like mucha's work), but the other one does have some charms.

I'll bug her about it this weekend I'm sure the result will be totally boss :lol:

Edited by Father Jack

• 2 weeks later...
I keep asking my girlfriend to work on it, but she has been engaging in other hobbies lately.

I'll keep trying I prodded her about it again last night.

I'm sorry everyone, please be patient just a little longer.  I'll see if I can get her to do some work tonight.

Thanks

Father Jack

328326[/snapback]

No need for apologies. Whether she does it or not, it's not under your control. And it's not like she's obligated. If she does it, that would be great. If not, well, it would have been great.

Also, we should consider that she will probably put more love and attention to detail in it if she's motivated to do it and is doing it on her timetable. ;)

she is also working on her portfolio again which takes precidence.

She want's to be an Illustrator , her drawings are just adorable

Her Page

Go check out her art, and give her some support. It's really girly (except for the silent hill 3 fan art) but she is a great artist.

Leave her some comments, if MW shows her some love then maybe she will show some love to MW :)

Some of her stuff is pretty hilarious. Not in the it looks funny sort of way, but in a "thats pretty funny." Funniest picture, besides Gandalf (obviously), is the one of Ian in the Fan Art section. Something about Angst and More Angst as directions for drawing, just brings a smile to my face.

This is Father Jack's girlfriend. He told me you guys were asking when the pictured would be done so I decided to post a little preview of it so you know that I am really working on it.

I chose earth tones for the whole picture and we used the movie version of the bridge bunnies outfits because the dark red color matches better with the art style I'm basing this off of. So as you can see in the preview, I am mostly done with it. Some colors (like ugly toothpaste baby) are subject to change. :p

If you want to speed up the process for me, please post a picture of what's-her-name, the one holding the ugly toothpast baby, wearing that particular outfit so I can find out the colors she wears without having to go through the DVDs to find it.

Also, as I'm sure you can tell, I'm not a Macross fan. So I'm sorry for calling that thing the ugly toothpaste baby. I'm totally changing those colors.

edit by the real father jack: She wants a picture of Millia in her TV series Zentradi uniform, (The Purple one. I could just pause the DVD, but this would be easier if anyone has a screen cap or two.) She just loves Komillia. Little does she know Komilla grows up to be a beautiful tooth paste woman. :lol:

anyway thanks.

extra edit by father jack's girlfriend: Shut up, nerd.

post-1135-1126750245_thumb.jpg

Edited by Father Jack