• Emilia (m7)
    • Myung (m-plus)
    • Lucy (m-plus)
    • Sharon Apple (m-plus)
    • Sara Nome (m-zero)
    • Claudia (m-TV/DYRL)
    • Yang (m-plus)
    • Laplamiz (m-Tv/DYRL)

I can't agree with that at all.  First off, they apparently marry their kids off at like 12.  I don't really agree with it but apparently that's the way people like it in M7. 

Remember, the Earth's population was decimated not too long ago.

Went from 6 billion people to just over a million.

There's a LOT of repopulation that needs to be done, especially if they intend to further reduce the populace by sending people away on colonization missions.

Having 2 kids in your 30s and calling it quits just won't cut it.

Breeding early and often becomes important to the survival of the human race, so we roll societal standards regarding marriage and sexual activity back a bit.

If you're capable of having children, you should be making babies.

Breeding early and often becomes important to the survival of the human race, so we roll societal standards regarding marriage and sexual activity back a bit.

317957[/snapback]

Fair enough, point is there aren't seven little kids running around the house... Also, can't they drive a lot younger in M7? So that'd be nice too, even less kids around. And people like M&M still got the nannie brigade backin' 'em up.

i feel like an otaku dork for even mentioning this, but i think komilia was like 19-20 by the time mylene was born.

317957[/snapback]

Fair enough, point is there aren't seven little kids running around the house... Also, can't they drive a lot younger in M7? So that'd be nice too, even less kids around. And people like M&M still got the nannie brigade backin' 'em up.

317975[/snapback]

Yah.

I was just pointing out why they're hooking 'em up so young, and why Max and Millia popped so many out.

i feel like an otaku dork for even mentioning this, but i think komilia was like 19-20 by the time mylene was born.

317996[/snapback]

Yah. Komillia was born in 2011, Mylene in 2031.

Assuing she did her civic duty, Komillia should have made mom 'n' dad into grandparents well before Mac7. :p

But she fell into a PCEngine, never to be seen again in a canon production, so it doesn't matter.

So sad...

Mod Message:

Some of the options were getting not a single vote what so ever. Many of these were one's that people questioned. I replaced the ones with zero votes with some different characters. I know that one for sure will still get the zero vote.

Mod Message:

Some of the options were getting not a single vote what so ever.  Many of these were one's that people questioned.  I replaced the ones with zero votes with some different characters.  I know that one for sure will still get the zero vote.

318074[/snapback]

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!

Ya know, if I hadn't already voted, I'd be tempted to plunk a vote for Yang down JUST to be wierd.

Went from 6 billion people to just over a million.

There's a LOT of repopulation that needs to be done, especially if they intend to further reduce the populace by sending people away on colonization missions.

Having 2 kids in your 30s and calling it quits just won't cut it.

317957[/snapback]

I love it!

I hope that, when our Earth population gets annihilated, I'm still around to "do my duty" for the human race.

Mod Message:

Some of the options were getting not a single vote what so ever.  Many of these were one's that people questioned.  I replaced the ones with zero votes with some different characters.  I know that one for sure will still get the zero vote.

318074[/snapback]

nvm

Edited by Zentrandude

I'm thinking Misa. She's a pleaser not a teaser. She'll cook and clean as shown in the later episodes.

Anyway, she's supposed to be good looking because Claudia wonders why she didn't enter the Miss Macross contest.

It's a slam dunk.

This has to be one of the funniest threads I've read in a while...

I picked Sivil, I dig weirdos that I'll never understand.  We can make it work, baby, I know it!  C'mon now!

318275[/snapback]

The chances of Sivil biting are way too risky though.

No no no...The ideal female is an entry-level/lowly skilled professional who is mundane, loyal to her partner, easily impressed and persuaded, yet drop dead gorgeous and well endowed...

Lucy McMillan...

I mean, who the frak wants to deal with a woman that actually has a comparable intellect and ego to your own, not to mention a line of work (such as a pilot) that bears significance to the universe?

Lucy McMillan...

Edited by myk

No no no...The ideal female is an entry-level/lowly skilled professional who is mundane, loyal to her partner, easily impressed and persuaded, yet drop dead gorgeous and well endowed...

Lucy McMillan...

I mean, who the frak wants to deal with a woman that actually has a comparable intellect and ego to your own, not to mention a line of work (such as a pilot) that bears significance to the universe? 

Ummm, me?

I'll hold out for the girl that is secure enough to have an intellectual equal around.

Is it just me, or is everyone on the internet offering relationship advice(male and female both) a sexist a-hole?

319259[/snapback]

Realistically, one can't help but BE sexist offering opinions about those of a sex other than his/her own. You'll always lack perspective to properly judge those of the opposite sex. The degree of one's empathy is really the only difference.

I agree that advice is often easily given, but there are many on the internet that probably shouldn't be dispensing it. It's hard to find good advice :)

I'll hold out for the girl that is secure enough to have an intellectual equal around.

Is it just me, or is everyone on the internet offering relationship advice(male and female both) a sexist a-hole?

319259[/snapback]

Realistically, one can't help but BE sexist offering opinions about those of a sex other than his/her own. You'll always lack perspective to properly judge those of the opposite sex. The degree of one's empathy is really the only difference.

Hence the appending of "a-hole."

I agree that advice is often easily given, but there are many on the internet that probably shouldn't be dispensing it.  It's hard to find good advice :)

319272[/snapback]

What boggles me is when it comes from someone that is/claims to be married.

"Be an ass. IF you're nice, the women run from you. Slap 'em around a bit and you can add a new notch to your bedpost every night. But that's behind me now, I'm married."

When you think about it macross is kinda sexist. On the dvds there is a commentary about how the macross originally was going to have all the bridge bunny seats at eye level so global could perve at the chics' asses :D

It's no wonder they make him a judge in the beauty contest.

Unlike gundam the bridge crew must always be female. No equal opportunity. All the protesters would proabably have been rounded up along with anti-un sympathisers and trouble-makers like Kaifun and jailed. :D

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

But then again, there are people who thought Beta would win out over VHS , spent 600 bucks on a Beta machine, hold onto their bitterness, and are still watching Krush Groove every Friday night to justify their choice.

Actually, they've moved on by now.

DVD beats VHS AND Beta, and they were hanging onto Beta for the superior image quality(I think a lot of them had moved to Laserdisk before that).

Waiting for the 'right' person is like waiting for Beta to make a major comeback. You can do it, but you'll probably end up watching Krush Groove alone.

Maybe I'm a hopeless romantic. So sue me.

I think Millia WAS the right person for Max. The fact that their marriage lasted for a half-century and through 7 children, in spite of cultural issues, says a lot.

And Misa, rank or not, was right for Hikaru.

I'm not saying there's only ONE right person for someone, but I don't believe you can make it work with just anyone.

Okay I'm going to close this poll. The following Macross babes got at least 5% of the vote. Someone else can start a new poll with the semi-finals.

Lynn Minmay

Misa Hayase

Milia

Ishtar

Emilia

Lucy