New Robotech Transformable Toy Coming...

I just came back this afternoon from picking up the Shadow Alphas. The sculptor/warehosue guy hinted that Toynami is going to make a big announcement at the upcoming San Diego Comicon on a new Robotech TRANSFORMABLE toy including a prototype to display. I couldn't get anymore information on this...

More to follow as soon as I get news...

-Kevin

What? No love for the Hovertanks??? I would think that they'd want to do a toy that represents SDSC.

Screw the Hovertanks. Don't even get me started on that series man!!!!! :lol::lol:

Yeah you're right.... Robotech sucks...

Yes, almost everyone hated SDSC, it still doesn't mean it wouldn't make a cool toy. Since RT basically got me started on my love of anime way back when, it would be cool to have one just to have a mech from each gen of the series. Besides, did anyone ever find the hard point to connect a supposed beta?

Yes, almost everyone hated SDSC, it still doesn't mean it wouldn't make a cool toy. Since RT basically got me started on my love of anime way back when, it would be cool to have one just to have a mech from each gen of the series. Besides, did anyone ever find the hard point to connect a supposed beta?

I would love a Hovertank and an Ajax... but at 1/55 scale they might as well make it come with keychain rings... or they can lie about it just like the Alpha, which were 1/48 scale.

Thank You for the news Kevin...I wonder what they might be? I guess we shall have to wait to find out....once again, thanks for the news!

Twich

What? No love for the Hovertanks??? I would think that they'd want to do a toy that represents SDSC.

Screw the Hovertanks. Don't even get me started on that series man!!!!! :lol::lol:

:p:D:lol: Nice one, Exo.

Personally I think it's going to be cyclones. They can rip off the large Gakken and get 5 versions out of it: Scott, Rand, Lancer, Rook, and Sue Graham. With something to copy they can crank it out "faster" (as nothing is fast with Toynami) than if they had to create a transformable beta from nothing.

Face it until they get enough money to pay a sculptor to work out the transformation of a beta it ain't happenin'.

I just came back this afternoon from picking up the Shadow Alphas. The sculptor/warehosue guy hinted that Toynami is going to make a big announcement at the upcoming San Diego Comicon on a new Robotech TRANSFORMABLE toy including a prototype to display. I couldn't get anymore information on this...

More to follow as soon as I get news...

-Kevin

Could it be the VOLTRON robot thingy :rolleyes: ?

I'd love a cyclone but would they be able to pull if off? I have the IMAI transformable kit and it is super-fragile. And as we've seen in the past, Toynami love to 'borrow' from imai kits for their sculpts. I'm thinking it would have to have a fair amount of die cast in the very thin sections of the bike frame.

I'm surprised they never made a cyclone super posable toy though.

I would sell my girlfriend for an excellent beta.

you won't get any buyers here cos all of us will be trying to do the same! :p

If, and I said IF, it is a Macross toy and NOT a Robotech toy, it will be an MPC DYRL VF-1. It is possible that it will have improvements or may be a new VF-1 sculpt from the ground up (this is a mix of conjecture and insider stuff :D ). Otherwise it's probably the Beta or a Cyclone.

I would be betting on the New Gen as the chosen toy line as their alpha MPCs have been really successful. As I picked up a Macross mpc for 20 bucks I assume their macross line didn't sell as well.

They'll probably rape and pillage the Gakken large cyclones and make them their own Master Piece of Crap like they did with the HCM series on VF-1s.

Gakken-inspired Cyclones may not be that bad of an idea though. At least they'd be ripping off a good design. :lol:

I suspect the height will be in line with the Alphas. Hopefully the durability is OK in any case.

Hopefully the rider will be able to actually sit on the bike too.

I especially want the Rook and Lancer models.

I might be a minority here, but I doubt I'd be that interested in the Beta. I just want the Cyclones now.

Edited by Anubis