1/48 CANNON FODDER!

Anubis

DAMN! VE, Tamin, or Soze, I need 30 of these! :D

30! :D Wow, I think more frightening is the amount of space that 100 1/48 boxes will devour. You will have to buy a warehouse to store them all :)

I wonder if one of thos guys will jump up and offer you a volume discount, that is a pretty decent chunk of change someone is gonna make off you.

What if Yamato may just be investigating the market usng HLJ as a tool to see how many people would pre-order the CF. Then if there are not that many pre-orders Yamato either excuse themselves, or produce very littlte quatities of the CF.

I'm I going crazy here? Did HLJ did anounce the 1/60 armor or not?

Well if this is true, I'll be getting a couple of the 1/48 CF. They should selll a complete FP version also. No matter what, I'm getting at the very least 2 of them. I've always regreted not buying more CF 1/60. They are just too cool!

Vic.

What if Yamato may just be investigating the market usng HLJ as a tool to see how many people would pre-order the CF. Then if there are not that many pre-orders Yamato either excuse themselves, or produce very littlte quatities of the CF.

Yes, from their offices on the grassy knoll. :lol:

Yeah they did a pre-order for the armor parts before yamato killed the project. I just found my order confirmation from HLJ.

Yeah they did a pre-order for the armor parts before yamato killed the project. I just found my order confirmation from HLJ.

I'm confused. 1/60 gbp armor or 1/60 fast pack parts :huh: ?

I originally asked if HLJ is the "gold standard" of whether something will actually see the light of day. As an example, I asked if anyone remembered if they ever took orders for the 1/60 FAST Pack Kits.

I think the answer is that they did take orders for the FAST Pack kits. . . though those never (so far) materialized.

H

You know what. That was my confirm for the 1/48 armor parts, but I believe that HLJ had a pre-order for the 1/60 fast packs before they got canned. But I can find the old e-mail. :unsure:

Customizing sounds nice. Too bad I've little experience with painting up toys. Still, custom stickers shouldn't be a problem. I wonder what our local custom sticker suppliers use and where I could obtain some?

Wow... I will actually have to get more than one of these... I intend to progressively get three... one to keep minty fresh in box, one to play with out of box, and I am serisouly considering customizing one up to have some weathering and pilot designation added. This is sweet! B))

i hope they decide to release the VF-0 at some point.

chris

you're not the only one <_<

as exciting it is to finally have a CF, I'm not really all that excited about it. I would rather have a VF-0 or something else from VFX or M3

........After all these projects they're working on...Megazone, VF-0....1/48 GPB armor....When I see pictures of the product and that it doesn't get pushed back....I'll then THINK about getting one.

Yes but think about it, the 1/48 VF-1A mold already exists, its just a matter of paint matching and recalibrating the tooling machines.

The megazone 23 stuff, the VF-0, all those were still in prototype stage.

And the 1/.60 armor set would have required fans to retool the legs themselves if they wanted the armor for the first 4 1/60 VF-1s.

The 1/48 VF-1A? It could be put out with relative ease from yamato. The only thing different is the paint job! Not like there is any retooling or major mold changes needed. Its good to go!

Hopefully this will prompt them to release another batch of fast pack parts for all of you as well. Not for me though... CF has to be naked...

:Dat

Yes but think about it, the 1/48 VF-1A mold already exists, its just a matter of paint matching and recalibrating the tooling machines.

The megazone 23 stuff, the VF-0, all those were still in prototype stage.

And the 1/.60 armor set would have required fans to retool the legs themselves if they wanted the armor for the first 4 1/60 VF-1s.

The 1/48 VF-1A? It could be put out with relative ease from yamato. The only thing different is the paint job! Not like there is any retooling or major mold changes needed. Its good to go!

Shin is correct. The molds are there. Milk for it as much as you can. If they will do the 2 seaters, they will need to do some retooling.

Seems reasonable to believe a TV MAX is not far behind. I know they never made it in the past but a simple plastic color change shouldn't be too bad. An Elint or Super O though, not likely.

:Dat

is the HLJ pre-order with a 5% discount worth the purchase? or should i wait for one of our reliable macrossworld dealer to start taking pre-orders?

I would wait.

Kevin is usually on top of these things, and that price point seems a little high.

I know I am going to order two of them. I am ordering 3 GBP's now!

i was wondering if this is gonna be a TV or DYRL version of the brown cannon fodder...yamato would have to do a resculpt on the head and give it the TV forearms just so some of us won't complain about the color, head, and arms being off :rolleyes: "OH NO!!! IT HAS A TV HEAD, DYRL FOREARMS AND THE PAINT JOB IS ALSO TV!!! NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!" let's admit it...there's those of us who would complain like that <_< either way, i'll probably get it just because it's a totally different paint job from all the others...that's pretty much what's been keeping me away from hikaru's or max's 1A since they're basically the same as the 1S just with a different head and color strips...even hikaru's 1J is pretty much the same as the 1S...it would be nice to get a almost totally different scheme for once...

is the HLJ pre-order with a 5% discount worth the purchase? or should i wait for one of our reliable macrossworld dealer to start taking pre-orders?

I would wait.

Kevin is usually on top of these things, and that price point seems a little high.

I know I am going to order two of them. I am ordering 3 GBP's now!

thanks for the heads up!

No pics and already 61 replies...

Everyone always says when someone puts up a custom CF "Take notes Yamato!", well then... I'd like to thanks Jung and Kurt for making this happen... :lol:

ah, i knew about this 10 minutes ago :blink:

I wonder whether its gonna be a large production or just a small one as the 1/60 CF didn't do to well. If large, this could be the first 1/48 to have a sale at HLJ :D , if small better get one before it runs out.

Sine the expected release date is close to the GBP rumoured released date, I wonder whether if they do make a GBP Bundle pack it will come with the Hikaru 1J or the CF now. It would make sense with the Hikaru 1J, but Yamato may do something different.

Anyway, I am Happy the CF is expected to come out and coming from HLJ, I am pretty sure this won't become Vaporware. Now to think of how many CF to get :D

Seems reasonable to believe a TV MAX is not far behind. :Dat

I doubt that they will ever make this one, but it would be really nice if they did.