1/48 CANNON FODDER!

Anubis

I couldn't believe my eyes, but look what's listed on HLJ:

1/48 VF-1A Production Color

Sweet sweet sweet sweet sweet.

Claims August release.

Edited by Anubis

Damn! I have to get this. :D

I know some of the dealers here will have it cheaper, but I still put in my pre-order just in case.

Edited by NSJ23

This had better not be a joke or someone is going to get hurt. Otherwise, I quote Deekin: Huzzah! Now we just have to make sure Godizlla and Kensei don't buy all of them up!

:lol: nicely said !

however ...

I guess the tally of 65 and 69 will not stay very long :p

yamato needs to update their site for all 3 locations. has no info on the cf on it.

The yamato site has always been IMO the last place to find new news.

In the past, HLJ has been sorta a "gold standard" for what is going to actually make it to release, right?

I mean, have they ever listed a valk that didn't eventually make it to store shelves? Did they ever list 1/60 Fast Pack kits?

H

yamato needs to update their site for all 3 locations. has no info on the cf on it.

Hell, they're still highlighting the vaporware VF-0S on Yamato's site.

This is really quite a surprise. I was starting to think they weren't going to release the CF, but if HLJ is taking pre-orders, I'll believe it. If they weren't sure then there would have been a page for it, but no preorder button.

Edited by Anubis

Wow....that's kinda out of the blue, isn't it? Had anybody heard any news on this being released prior to this post? I'm glad it's coming out (even if my wallet's not too thrilled) but it's just a little suprising that nobody'd heard a thing about it until now.

*edit* I guess releasing this now WOULD make sense with the GBP coming out and all....do you think they'll be packaging them together?

Edited by mantisfists

Wow....that's kinda out of the blue, isn't it?  Had anybody heard any news on this being released prior to this post?  I'm glad it's coming out (even if my wallet's not too thrilled) but it's just a little suprising that nobody'd heard a thing about it until now.

*edit*  I guess releasing this now WOULD make sense with the GBP coming out and all....do you think they'll be packaging them together?

They'll probably still release the Armor only, and the 1J+armor.

Releasing the CF might convince more people to buy the armor too. Really have an armored flight group (or squadron in certain members' cases :lol:)

Edited by Anubis

I personally intend to buy enough of these to make the production run profitable for Yamato. :lol:

Seriously, there would be nothing quite so bad-ass looking as a Roy 1S and Hikaru 1A flanked by 3-4 Cannon Fodders. Or maybe go TV version and make it a Super Roy 1S with Hikaru at the controls. I'm assuming that these will have the DYRL 1A head. . . but that's a minor quibble.

I'm more excited about this release than any Yamato Macross toy thus far. Probably because it also signals that Yamato hasn't given up on Macross entirely. . . and the 1/48 VF-1 line will live at least a bit longer (perhaps even involving more re-releases).

H

The yamato site has always been IMO the last place to find new news.

yah its very sad. they should hire more people to manage their sites better.

This had better not be a joke or someone is going to get hurt.  Otherwise, I quote Deekin:  Huzzah!  Now we just have to make sure Godizlla and Kensei don't buy all of them up!

:lol: nicely said !

however ...

I guess the tally of 65 and 69 will not stay very long :p

Damn right! I am looking at 100 of them, at least. :rolleyes:

well this is great news i was under the imprssion that yamato was getting out of the macross buisness, i am definetly picking this up, i really hope they reissue the fast packs as well.

chris

Rock on. I'm seriously considering two of these if Yamato doesn't release a version of the GBP armour with a 1J, and Hikaru 1Js are hard to find. One will get a FAST pack treatment, the other gets GBP. However, if there is a 1J pack, I do need one to round out my collection.

YESS~!!!!

God man I only hope this highhlights a possibility for some angel birds and....

MAX TYPE TV VF-1A!!!

Well, as long as they're still using the molds, they should consider a run of DYRL Kakizaki's so that I can finally complete the Skull squadron. Heck, make it a limited edition so they won't sit around on shelves all over the place. BTW, do we know if this CF release is a full run or limited?