Revenge of the Sith has been seen!

Well, sounds exactly as the final script does. Lame duck with no surprises and not enough nods to ANH.

As for the Death Star - it took them 20 years to build the Death Star??? And yet it took them like 2-6 years to build Death Star II?

"There's still good in you!"

I'm more confused by Anakin pre-Vader-killing a room full of children and then later being "redeemed" and being inducted into the Caspar the friendly ghost-Jedi hall of fame. Them Jedi are pretty forgiving.

As for the Death Star - it took them 20 years to build the Death Star??? And yet it took them like 2-6 years to build Death Star II?

when you build something for the first time it takes longer than the 2nd time, 3rd time, etc.

look how fast the Empire State Building was built...it took less than 2 years and that was back in the day! i remember the first house(land actually) my parents bought, it took those guys over 2 years to build a 2-story house. :blink:

Well, sounds exactly as the final script does. Lame duck with no surprises and not enough nods to ANH.

Anime magic.

The wookie stuff is cut out of the book? Oh man, that stinks, I was looking forward to hearing the descriptions of wookies tearing droids and seperatists apart.

No Wookies (I was disapointed too) but wait until you get to where Obi-Wan goes after Grevious with the clones, I'm really hoping the scene where the clones shows up doesn't get cut.

"There's still good in you!"

I'm more confused by Anakin pre-Vader-killing a room full of children and then later being "redeemed" and being inducted into the Caspar the friendly ghost-Jedi hall of fame. Them Jedi are pretty forgiving.

vader and anakin are technically the same person but it was written(or atleast conveyed) in a way that they were 2 seperate people, an alter-ego if you will.

Anime magic.

Exactly.

YOu're also assuming that they waited until DS1 was finished before starting on DS2, or that the DS1 at the end of the movie is the one that is used in ANH. It could be the one in EU books, that gets stripped down to the core. It is entirely possible that they were halfway through construction of DS1 and started on DS2, incorperating many changes from DS1. Also, who is to say how long DS1 was around prior to ANH. It's possible that they had it built for years, in secret, but were just finishign working all the bugs out of the systems by the time of ANH. In which case if DS2 was only started a couple years before it would make sense that it would be in the shape it was by the time ROTJ came around. Figure today a modern aircraft carrier is in shake down testing for upwards of a year after it is built and all systems are installed, how long do you think it would take to fully test out a travelling battlestation the size of a small moon?

Lame duck with no surprises and not enough nods to ANH.

I'm curious if you could expand on this. Its "lame" because there's no surprises? Did you really expect some sort of "I am your father" type revelation to crop up in Ep III, much less one that would go unnoticed in the following three films? And there's suddenly not enough nods towards ANH? Lets see..

Luke goes to the Lars'

Leia goes to the Organas

Vader is all...Vaderized

Tarkin gets introduced, however briefly

Obi Wan goes into hiding on Tatooine

Death Star construction starts

Chewbacca!

Republic becomes Empire

Droids go to Capt. Antilles

oh, and the whole "disappearing Jedi" thing gets explained.

So tell us, what else exactly would you have suggested they add to "nod" to ANH?

Perhaps an Imperial Officer could chide one of his troopers "Now TK421, don't let me catch you leaving your post."

A young Han Solo could heft a blaster for the first time, and comment how much more reliable it is compared to "hokey religions and ancient weapons."

A young Dr. Evezan could comment that he has the death sentance in a mere "Five systems"

A young Admiral-to-be Motti could remark how the Death Star will someday "Be the ultimate power in the universe."

the link provided was awesome 7 minutes of star wars episode 3 very cool, i cannot wait to see the full 2 hours of it.

chris

I skimmed over the review and avoided most of the meat. Just wanted to get an idea of the most impressive stuff. It was good, even if I have Smith to thank for it :(

I loved all the Star Wars films except The Phantom Menace, and even that I can watch on occassion. Odds are good I'll love this film. It's going to be just a little sad that this may be the last film I'll ever line up for in my life. The end of a geeky era? :)

The short preview video was nice. It sure does look like a dark film.

AND DAMN! That space battle is something I've been waiting to see on film since forever! Only Babylon 5 was able to match the excitment and emotion within a massive space battle since Return of the Jedi. Damn, I wish people would make more films with massive space fleet battles...done right of course. They are far too rare :angry:

the link provided was awesome 7 minutes of star wars episode 3 very cool, i cannot wait to see the full 2 hours of it.

chris

...the scenes above Coruscant.... breathtaking..

You know, if anything was redone in thr original trilogy, I'd love to see the Battle of Endor's space component redone to match what was available in the novel. The Executor wasn't taken out be one measly little A-wing going *SMASH* into the conning tower..... SOB was blasted to hell by the combined power of the Alliance fleet.

That was so good that I had to change my jeans. After fumbling the ball with Eps 1 and 2, Lucas looks like he finally got it right again. God, I want this movie out NOW.

...its only like 95 megs.  :lol:

Was this the same one that was later posted? That one seems to be 20.1MB. If there is more out there, or a higher quality version, I'd like to see it.

Carl

Yeah, what seven minute trailer?

the one thats linked on the 2nd page of this thread.

it is not very high quality and there is no talking or sound effects in it, just 7 minutes worth of footage (tons of new stuff) and a soundtrack. but they show a real lot for it, definetly worth checking out.

chris

You know, if anything was redone in thr original trilogy, I'd love to see the Battle of Endor's space component redone to match what was available in the novel. The Executor wasn't taken out be one measly little A-wing going *SMASH* into the conning tower..... SOB was blasted to hell by the combined power of the Alliance fleet.

I think it was George reminding us of his "Size matters not" philosophy from ESB. Luke vs. the Rancor was another.

I thought it was awesome that Spielberg got to finally work on a SW film in the scenes Lucas mentioned at C3.

Edited by Sarensaas

Perhaps an Imperial Officer could chide one of his troopers "Now TK421, don't let me catch you leaving your post."

:lol:

Oh yeah and IIRC the A-wing gets taken out in Executors explosion in the novelization.

Clip looks great.