Transformers the Movie

178 members have voted

1. 1. Now that you've seen it, what did you think?

• It kicked ass!
    • Good, but not as good as the original.
    • Meh.
    • I want Grimlock to step on Michael Bay.

Hes an alien jet. No gun megs for the movie.

Has that been confirmed yet ? I thought it was all still hush hush.

Edited by big F

Has that been confirmed yet ? I thought it was all still hush hush.

well, since the movie megs toy transforms into some alien jet thing, I think we can assume that he's an alien jet thing in the movie as well. ;)

Nice! Starscream look much better there, not so ape like and he has hands!!! So do his legs extend to normal size, but they can also be the shorter "squat" type legs so he can perch like a bird?

My only issue is that they are still too hard to tell what their alt mods are. It's all just shredded metal.

Chris

Hes an alien jet. No gun megs for the movie.

Actually, he does have a gun. I've seen shots of Megs with a gun...Looks more like a long rifle attached to his hand/arm, but he does have a gun. TFW2005.com has images.

Refresh my memory, who is the tank going to be? I can't recall seeing any more pictures of him besides the Tank prop.

Chris

One of the faces reminds me of the quintessons.

They had some pretty menacing looking faces.

lol If you combine all these robots together they form the ultimate disguise: the junk yard. :D

It will be hard to make out who is who in a cluttered scene with fights between two robots. Ah no wonder I love G1 so much. It's easy to see who is who thanks to the colors being simple primary colours.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Michael Bay has forgone all conventional and orthodox techniques in designing and went for the overly unnecessary and fancy robots, in effect creating what you see here...a big pile of sh!t.

God forbid I say this here, but I am going to wait to pass judgment until i actually see it.

Call me crazy.

That's what I try to suggest that people do. But judging from forum posts on some sites, most self-professed haters are more than willing to declare holy war on the movie that they haven't seen, and everybody involved in its production.

Probably while firing an AK-47 wildly into the air.

one thing that pisses me off about this movie is the autobots look to be gm products. they should be across the board. gm and fords.and dodges . it looks like i will be rooting for the decipticons in this movie.

Edited by buddhafabio

According to the latest TV spot, Starscream's afterburners are still blue.

one thing that pisses me off about this movie is the autobots look to be gm products. they should be across the board. gm and fords.and dodges . it looks like i will be rooting for the decipticons in this movie.

Barricade is a Ford, and is a Dcon :D

As I understand, GM was the only company willing to market TF to this extent (rather than just 'using' the cars in the movie). Their support offsets the costs of what is essentially an old-fashioned movie using practical effects along with what ILM considers to be their finest hour in CGI (yet).

wow, those transformation sequneces for starscream and blackout are awesome. I wonder if they will be able to make the autobot transformations just as exciting. I mean, a jet coming in at mach 1 and transforming and blackout coming to a hover and transforming are hard to beat. So far, the autobots just kind of come to a rolling stop and transform. Ill bet we will be suprised. Looking forward to this movie. :D

Guest sh002

Nice transformation sequences. Too bad Starscream's robot mode doesn't look that great. The original G1 transformation sound thrown in when Optimus transforms didn't sound like it fit in that well. It was kind of funny when the guy says, "Must be Japanese." I've seen better Japanese designs for robots. Imagine if the humans in the movie made large robots to make a fight against the Decepticons. They'd probably look more solid, armored, and better looking with no exposed inner parts.