It's here...Shadow Chronicles screenshot!

I'm guessing that Ariel will be a Gosu or Gosamu pilot this time around. I'm also guessing this takes place months after the Battle of Reflex Point, cause Scott's new hairstyle doesn't match his old one.  :(

What's a Gosamu pilot?

Edited by terry the lone wolf

Mospeada fans angry??? I think Mospeada fans are the ones looking forward to this new RT chronicle the most... what else do we have to look forward to??? Besides, I'm not one of those people who thinks a terrible sequel ruins the original art so it's not like RT can ruin Mospeada for me... even if the characters were dead-on identical.

What's a Gosamu pilot?

The Invid Overlord (aka Gosamu)

MEC_68_1_9294.gif

MEC_68_2_7520.gif

MEC_68_3_8123.gif

Mospeada fans angry??? I think Mospeada fans are the ones looking forward to this new RT chronicle the most... what else do we have to look forward to???

Oh you know, the anime-nazi kind who can't get over themselves.....they'll be the ones that are angry.

What's a Gosamu pilot?

The Invid Overlord (aka Gosamu)

MEC_68_1_9294.gif

MEC_68_2_7520.gif

MEC_68_3_8123.gif

Mospeada fans angry??? I think Mospeada fans are the ones looking forward to this new RT chronicle the most... what else do we have to look forward to???

Oh you know, the anime-nazi kind who can't get over themselves.....they'll be the ones that are angry.

Didn't we criticize that thing a year ago?

well the artwork looks at least passable... I'd have to see animation and sound with it before I'd pass final judgements..

initial thoughts from that screenshot:

-props for evolving away from previous appearances

-hella demerits for fooking up Scott's iron perm :) (lol, couldn't resist)

The screenshot is pretty rough, but if it's any indication then this new show will have the horribly oversaturated look to it that a lot of animation suffers from these days. Also, I'm not a fan of spandex, so I'm not digging the uniforms. I don't see how spandex is an evolution in character design.

Still, when it finally shows up on tv I'll give it a look-see. I'm interested in seeing the MOSPEADA designs in action again.

The screenshot is pretty rough, but if it's any indication then this new show will have the horribly oversaturated look to it that a lot of animation suffers from these days. Also, I'm not a fan of spandex, so I'm not digging the uniforms. I don't see how spandex is an evolution in character design.

Oh you'll see. 20 years from now it's gonna be the 80s again!

It doesn't look like Scott to me. I would have liked something like how DYRL was animated, all the old characters looked just like themselves, only sharper and more detailed.

The Invid mecha look kind of like the rejected designs in the Mospeada Animedia(?) book. They have the Invid 'look' but I'm still partial to the originals.

Although I'm a die hard Mospeada fan, I did grow up a huge fan of the Robotech version.(even though I knew then some of the story was messed around with to fit the protoculture and Admiral Hunter stuff etc.)

So, I'll try to keep an open mind, it's not like the Japanese will ever do anything with it again. :(

But once more I say Mospeada was PERFECT for a prequel, not a sequel. They resolved the Invid problem at the end of the series. In a prequel they could explore the early days of the Invid invasion. When Lancer(Yellow), Jim(Lunk), Col. Wolf (Mj Johnathan) and Dusty Aires(Rainy boy) were all heavily engaged with the first Earth liberation effort. Dusty would still be all human, Col. Wolf a hero yet to turn traitor... so many stories they could've come up with. (note that Scott, Rand, Rook and Mint would all be too young to be involved in the story IMO.) Alas...what will never be... :(:(:(

i am still interseted in seeing this, though the girls clothes look like a EVA suit

Torn...

Can't really judge Ariel/Non-frisky Living Marlene based on the fact we can't see her dead on, but Scott appears to suffer a redesign to make him edgier and the good looking simple style of the Mars Base uniform is tainted by IMO freakishly ugly Macross and SC styles and looks tacky.

So it's the Sentinels all over again, ignore the character art and focus on the reused existing designs :(

Cyc (who readily admits to personal blind sports such as if they get Frank Catalano back to voice Rand, Shadow Chronicles can do no wrong in his mind)

oh man Stig looks to have lost several pounds since we last saw him in Mospeada. And what's with the hair style ?

The Mars Base uniform appear to have been gone through a shrink packing process. Logo seems different now.

Not sure about Aisha. I bet he has the same small eyes as the new Stig.

Guess i will need see more of it before deciding on it.

Hopefully we can get a glimpse of the completed version of the Point-K fighter and Jupiter Base.