On 4/26/2020 at 6:59 PM, tekering said:

The Black Sun is represented by Ziton Moj in The Clone Wars.  He also appeared in Season 5.

latest?cb=20130122141156

He's Falleen, but he's not Prince Xizor.

While he may not be Xizor, it does leave the door open for Shadows to still become canonish again, because Xizor could depose Ziton Moj.

WOW. I just got caught up on Part 1 and II last night (last two episodes released) and I was blown away. The lighting, audio mix, production value, not to mention the outstanding VO performances were just on a whole other level. I don't know how much they spent on those two episodes, but I bet it was a lot!  I can't wait to see how Filoni and company wrap this up.

If you haven't, watch the video on FB or YT about the motion capture used for Ray Park!!!:wub: and the other girl portraying Ahsoka for their fights!  Great little 5 minute video! These guys know Star Wars. 

Edited by derex3592

You knew it was coming. . . But damn, did it still hit hard. :cray:

Glad to finally see the “how” of everything.

Also, it was cool to see Ursa Wren at this time without the helmet.

And see 

another Sith utterly rag-dolling a bunch of cannon-fodder! 

:diablo:

Man did the music make all the difference to the mood of this episode. Order 66 is so terrible when you really think about it. Not just for the Jedi but also to the clones who were slaves to it. Strange how they now look threatening and are the bad guys when they where the hero’s  just moments before. But, man, the music was just creepy.

Chris

The music choice wasn't bad, but I wish they used the exact soundtrack ("Anakin's Betrayal" for those with the Ep 3 soundtrack). To paraphrase a YT comment, Order 66 never felt as bad until Clone Wars gave the clones personalities and watching it now really drives a nail into the heart.

31 minutes ago, Dobber said:

Man did the music make all the difference to the mood of this episode. Order 66 is so terrible when you really think about it. Not just for the Jedi but also to the clones who were slaves to it. Strange how they now look threatening and are the bad guys when they where the hero’s  just moments before. But, man, the music was just creepy.

Chris

Those first 10 minutes or so are an absolute master class in building tension through musical choices.

Pretty sure I heard a musical cue or two from ROTS once the big moment hit too.

I’m sure Order 66 was a shock to her still, but I wonder how much her experience being hunted by the clones back in Season 5 helped Ahsoka get out of this predicament.

They have dropped a few cameos for Rebels already:  Young Kanan/Caleb Dume and Sabine’s Mama all made an Easter egg appearance in this arc.

We even had Gar Saxon make an unexpected appearance, making it clear why he’s such an Imperial lackey.

The code name “Fulcrum” was also dropped too.

About the only additional tie-in would be how Greggor and Wolfe wound up with Rex.

Curious if that will be shown next episode or if we’ll go back to Mandalore.  Whatever Filoni decides to do, this arc has more than lived up to its high expectations.

Between this, Rebels, and the Mandalorian, can we just make Filoni the head story lead for ALL Star Wars projects from now on?

EDIT:  Maybe The Mandalorian is the follow up to Rebels? :unsure::spiteful: 

Edited by Mog

2 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

I'm really hoping there is a follow up to REBELS after this.

I don't think it needs one. Rebels ended where it should have with the liberation of Lothal. It finished the story of the characters presented. With Clone Wars, it's ending the story of the clones and Ahsoka, which is what I would want it to end on.

6 hours ago, Mog said:

Between this, Rebels, and the Mandalorian, can we just make Filoni the head story lead for ALL Star Wars projects from now on?

I was thinking the same thing throughout the whole season, but especially through the last three parts. Just incredible storytelling, and all the VAs slipped back into their roles seamlessly. I wish they'd put Filoni in charge of the last three numbered episodes; I think we would have gotten a very coherent and fitting end to the Skywalker Saga instead of the convoluted mess it turned out to be. He certainly understands how to tell an engaging story within the Star Wars universe.

The production value was impressive for this last season, especially for the last three eps.  It didn't have as strong an emotional impact for me as the end of Rebels, but it still struck a chord, especially that particular touching scene with the Clones, which made Order 66 all the more jarring, even though you know it's coming.

I kinda wondered if that was Ray Park- the moves were so on point. Ray's still incredible. Kudos to Lauren Mary Kim for providing a perfect physical foil as Ahsoka's mocap stunt woman. It's definitely worth the few minutes to watch the vid of them creating the fight scene.

Overall, a great arc to cap off an excellent series, and finish that part of Ahsoka's story before we see her reappearance in Rebels. Thank you, Dave Filoni and Company, for making me want to continue the story in a galaxy far, far away.

Yeah, you can really tell all the subtle little "extra" things that mo-capping Ray Park gives to Maul's fighting style.  It's relatively easy to "look fairly Maul-ish" when animating something.  But to capture all the nuances really needs "the man himself".  

On 5/2/2020 at 1:21 AM, Mog said:

Young Kanan/Caleb Dume and Sabine’s Mama all made an Easter egg appearance in this arc.

Yeah, I was pretty stoked to catch Caleb there.  ^_^

Caleb.jpg.e96762e33fdde8f4ab6a99567e30d4a4.jpg

18 hours ago, tekering said:

Yeah, I was pretty stoked to catch Caleb there.  ^_^

Caleb.jpg.e96762e33fdde8f4ab6a99567e30d4a4.jpg

Caleb (thinking):  “Master Windu could probably rock some bomb facial hair. . . I know!  I’m gonna grow a soul-patch when I grow up!”

Later seasons Kanan may have 

lost his sight,

but he gained a magnificent beard in the process.

May the 4th came early.

Just a ton of sadness from this ending.

ROTS at least gave you hope with the twins’ ending.

This one just left a heavy sadness and is the shortest ep of this four-part arc.

Folks who’ve watched Rebels will catch the symbolic owl.

Rex and Ahsoka survived, but there was a massive toll to pay.  I suspect Ahsoka has a smidge of guilt for allowing Maul to lay so much to waste and destruction.

The ending feels heavy, but appropriate.  A great, yet sad way to end the series.

Now, I feel like I need to watch Rebels’ ending to get cheered up.

5 minutes ago, Mog said:

May the 4th came early.

It's May 4th somewhere...

Clone Wars was never really about hope. That belongs to the Skywalkers.

The sadness....well there really wasn't much more to say. After years of fighting, all the comradery, that pretty much died with Order 66 and this ending puts it right front and center. It's just gone and that's what I got out of this ending cuz that's what happened with Order 66. 

Spoiler

As they say, the atonement for all the death is just to live. To carry the weight of it all. Of course Ahsoka feels guilt, but she had to do what she needed to survive.

Welp, the + has been pretty cranky about waiting until midnight (or a little later) in my time zone to release the last few Clone Wars episodes.

So, it was surprising to see it already released this “early.”

Now I wish I'd bought another Clone Wars Y-Wing back in the day, so I could paint it up in that blue-striped 501st paint scheme...

1414833700_sweetblue.jpeg.6063392640bd7d5a503b63b0a0b7d76b.jpeg

Much nicer than the original yellow, if you ask me.

TCW-1197.jpg

Great ending...VERY sad. Again the music was just spot on.

I loved the symbolism of bookending the finale with Anakin giving her her sabers in the beginning and then Vader collecting one at the end. Wow.

Also....SNOWTROOPERS! My favorited variant and probably the only type of Stormtrooper that wasn’t shown to be complete buffoons.

Chris

Oh yeah, I envy those that will get to watch the Clone Wars for the first time that also HAVEN’T seen Rebels. That will make the suspense that much more high In the finale and make watching Rebels all the more powerful.

Chris

17 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

Just finished the final episode. Wow. Like I said before Ahsoka Tano deserves her own movie.

only if feloni is fully in charge.  dont need anyone elses fan fiction of who ashoka "should" be.

Edited by Negotiator

3 hours ago, Negotiator said:

only if feloni is fully in charge.  dont need anyone elses fan fiction of who ashoka "should" be.

Hadn't thought about it like that, but yes, only Filoni should make that happen.

I learned a lot about Filoni and Lucas in this video and what made CLONE WARS succeed so well.

On 5/5/2020 at 9:37 AM, TangledThorns said:

Just finished the final episode. Wow. Like I said before Ahsoka Tano deserves her own movie.

I agree, but only if Dave Filoni is at least lead writer. I saw another interview where he expressed his reluctance to direct live action at this point, although he's learning a lot from working with Jon Favreau. From all the positive vibe that surrounds The Mandalorian, they sound like a good team, and I wouldn't balk if they chose to collaborate on a live action Ahsoka movie or series.

Anyway, I wasn't crazy about her character after seeing the feature length Clone Wars movie, and probably still lukewarm after the first season or so, but as they developed her character over the years in Clone Wars, and then in Rebels, I've come 180 on my thinking. She's become an essential part of the story, which really shows the merits of good writing/acting to give her import and presence. I hope her story's not over yet, whether it be live action or animation. She's become too interesting to retire.