Star Wars Episode 3 Spoilers Thread

zeo-mare

The toys look great. I built my own "ultimate" Vader out of the numerous figures there were at the time (legs from the gunner station for extra height, arms from the duel, torso/head from the removable helmet). I even did some circuitry for the removable hand and made a 2 piece helmet (separate dome and mask)...

But that looks cool!

That Vader figure & the Jet Pack Clone are pretty slick. I just recieved the most recent SW Insider issue & the last page has a large number of the RotS figures pictured & listed. And there is some Clone Trooper goodness.

The Imperial-class most likely won't be in RotS. In this time period, it should be the Victory-class & any other previously unseen capitol ships that have been designed for this film. Though I'm not sure if the Victory-class will have any screen time. However, it looks as though the Juggernaut Troop Carrier, a vehicle that only existed in the EU until now, will be in RotS as it is the cover picture of the soon to be released "Revenge Of The Sith Incredible Cross Sections" book. I'll try to scan the images when I get the chance. So, maybe we will get to see a Victory-class Star Destroyer in RotS?

As I recall, a lot of the vehicles (or at least some of them) in the West End Games RPG that did not appear in the original trilogy came from production sketches and ideas that never made it into the films.

Hmmmm, I may be on crack, but I seem to recall the Juggernaut Troop Carrier originating as one of the original concept sketches for the AT-AT. I think there's a sketch of something similar in The Empire Strikes Back Sketchbook from the early 80s... I'll haveta check when I get home later today. I'll scan and post it if I find it.

This topic is covered extensively in the comics and books.

Wich means nothing to the movies. The books and comics may be "official", but it has been proven time and again that they are not, nor ever have been, canon. The only things that are canon is what appears in the movies themselves, and what George Lucas himself says.

And Lucas himself has also put a large apparatus in place to see that the EU isn't contradicted. While he reserves the right to contradict the EU, he hasn't done so yet (especially not beyond a "certain point of view").

Come on. A bunch of things in the EU have been contradicted by Lucas in the new films.

It is better with more current things though...

Edited by Prime

wow in that comic pic in the bottom left corner it looks like Obiwan took off both of Anakins legs in the battle :blink: I am amazed he left him there like that.

chris

a figure of speach perhaps? he just did not want to see luke through the tinted glass eyes of the suit, maybe he can still see without the helmet just not as clear or good and the machinery helps him see better. and just did not want the helmet upstructing his veiw in the last few moments of his life.

Hmm, considering his lips, tongue, throat, it is likely that in the 18-20 some years inbetween his defeat by Obi-Wan & Jedi he healed enough to speak on his own. We do see (I think in Empire) him hanging out by himself without the helmet on. It makes sense that the James Earl Jones voice would be the machine created one. It also explains why Vader can speak while you can clearly hear him breathing at the same time.

great pic, it is nice to see the gloves coming off for this film, it is a shame he could not have done that on the first film.

chris