MasterPiece Collection v1.1

Dangard Ace

Yeah, that's one of our guys...

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=16995

Sucks too, cuz I need arms for my Bernard Alpha, but his are in worse shape than mine.

348001[/snapback]

yep. I kinda wanted an alpha to merge with some spawn but that ones to messed up even for me :blink:

maybe if it was a little cheaper :rolleyes:

I'll add myself to the list of people looking for a junked Alpha. I'm kinda hoping to get one that is just hopelessly floppy, loose, missing its gun/cyclone/inserts, but not really too broken up as far as the actual toy goes. I want to make a VF-1S style alpha out of it.

Edited by jenius

i hate to say it but good luck!! I'm hoping that the

QC issues are resolved but many an opinion has

been negative. I got rid of most of my set and my

brother has his up for auction right now. I kept a

couple just in case the beta turns out to be better

than my low expectations make it out to be.

any body have release date?

Well unless someone makes a better alpha/Legioss, I dont see any other game in town.

350471[/snapback]

Unfortunately, you're right; a shame isn't it?

350675[/snapback]

Guess who's holding the rights... <_<

350836[/snapback]

Ooh, ooh, I know this one...Microsoft? No, wait...Haliburton? It has to be Sony, right? Never mind... :p

So I was cleaning my display cases today and decided I would rearrange some of the poses. As I was doing it I remember members around here telling me that the Toynami MPC isn't much more poseable than the Gakken 1/35. So, I started working with a shadow fighter I had in battloid. It's true these things could be more poseable (there were many times I only needed one more little twist to get a really cool pose and the toy wouldn't accomodate me) but the comparison to Gakken's poseability is just mean. Here's the pose I settled on:

*Edit - So what is it the Gakken couldn't do? 1) Twist at the hips 2) pose its legs at all with any sort of lean 3) turn its head.

post-2677-1134194978_thumb.jpg

Edited by jenius

Cripes, every time I see there are new posts here, I check the thread to see if there's new MPC news. Instead it's always some goddamn basher bellyaching about how toynami sucks. Here's a thought: if you hate toynami so frickin much, DON'T BUY THEIR STUFF, AND JUST IGNORE THIS THREAD. Why do you want to add stress to your life? I can understand complaining after an initial purchase, but if you're still complaining years later, you need therapy.

C'mon Kin, I know you have at least one floppy-knee Gakken lying around somewhere.

Shaggy, you are in for a long drought . Next release probably won't be happening until this time next year. Hopefully at that point a third MPC thread will get created. In the meantime this thread isn't going to be much more than plaQue.

What does a Toynami do compared to Gakken? It brakes down. :)

351549[/snapback]

that comment makes me think i miss the toys of yesteryear they were designed to last then

351788[/snapback]

The reason the Toynamis tend to break, specially the Alphas, has less to do with design/engineering, though they are definitely over designed and under engineered, but more due to the piss poor quality of the plastics used and the asinine choices of what parts to make out of die cast.

Who's getting a MPC Votron?

i havent tried yet

but has anyone purposely broken up an

Alpha and customized it with a new paint

job or other alteration?

I've got a couple that i may do but all that

glue instead of screws has me wondering

if i should even try.

I agree that pretty much all combiners [excluding van dread] where pretty lame in concept as well as practice. Devestator was mildly cool as was voltron. I have an original so I'm not sure if I want a mpc version, especially at the price. I'll wait for reviews.

No plans to get an MPC Voltron myself. I've always hated the concept of robots that transform or combine into animals. Give me military mecha any day.

Graham

352237[/snapback]

So says somebody who was never spanked by a 50' mechanized monkey :lol: . Seriously... if you have the tech to beat them, might as well humiliate them as well by having a morphing panda whoop some ass :lol: .

it looks good but looks aren't everything

gonna have to wait for the QC reviews

before i go and get one and theres so much coming

out that ...... oh yeah OT nevermind!

but i'm still waiting for the reviews

Maybe it's just my childhood perception but wasn't the original Voltron one of the coolest toys ever? It had flaps and gizmos that could move to reveal weaponry all over the place. Not exactly the most poseable but man that thing was sturdy as a rock and super cool. How exactly is Toynami improving upon it?

How exactly is Toynami improving upon it?

352536[/snapback]

It looks pretty much the same to me, except the red and green lions bend differetly at the waist for that "cat's-ass-in-the-air" pose. The black lion is slimmer (a good thing for the lion), but makes the robot look skinny and less intimidating. Also, maybe Voltron's knees bend now?? That leaves very little lion leg to connect with the blue and yellow lions. I predict a floppy loose mess with legs that fall off when your dog farts in the next room.

Damn, I gotta search my folks house for my old lions. It did kick ass back in the day :rolleyes:

Yeah, that's good stuff! Wonder what the little blue lion is yelping...

Look how cool that big Voltron is. I remember the sides of the yellow lion's head opened to reveal some sort of guns or rocket launchers or something. Anyone have a link to pictures of the old toy? There's no way I'm going to dig up mine but I feel like checking it out again.

Good old Voltron. I remember having missle wars with my friends when I was younger, at my parents house. We would all bring over any robot we had that would shoot missles, and shoot each others robot.

MMMmmmmm...Voltron, Daltanius, Orguss, Jetfire, and few other characters I can't recall. Oh yeah, and Omega Supreme. We would just throw his rocket arm back and forth 'til someone got hurt. :D

I'd consider a SOC version much more readily. The MPC version looks decent enough but that remains to be seen until it's actually in people's hands and can be reviewed. Actual paint quality and durability are up in the air.

The Alphas looked this nice when they were first introduced, and that became a mixed bag.