MasterPiece Collection v1.1

Dangard Ace

I'm sure the quality is going to be bad. I've stopped thinking Toynami just might get it together. Once you accept that and have a little super glue on hand, it's no big deal. The arm on my red alpha fell apart right out of the box. I just laughed it off and glued it back.

That one pic does look make the combo look funky. It looks like there are parts facing all kinds of directions. I just hope the whole thing stays together without failing apart easily.

Was lookin' on EBay and found an auction with this pic:

Notice this artwork shows that same upswept nose everyone complains the Toynami Alpha has... I wonder if the origins for Toynami's "arched-back" syndrome actually began with their working with Imaii molds? Maybe that's just the way the Alpha is supposed to look...

post-2677-1121925429_thumb.jpg

Edited by jenius

Notice this artwork shows that same upswept nose everyone complains the Toynami Alpha has...  I wonder if the origins for Toynami's "arched-back" syndrome actually began with their working with Imaii molds?  Maybe that's just the way the Alpha is supposed to look...

312828[/snapback]

Where can i buy an imai version of the alpha beta tread?

thangs in advance

Notice this artwork shows that same upswept nose everyone complains the Toynami Alpha has...  I wonder if the origins for Toynami's "arched-back" syndrome actually began with their working with Imaii molds?  Maybe that's just the way the Alpha is supposed to look...

312828[/snapback]

thangs in advance

312867[/snapback]

Gilermo, there is no such beast. Imai never made a kit of the Tread (Beta) only the Alpha. If you want a beta model, you will have to hunt for a resin kit.

312828[/snapback]

thangs in advance

312867[/snapback]

Gilermo, there is no such beast. Imai never made a kit of the Tread (Beta) only the Alpha. If you want a beta model, you will have to hunt for a resin kit.

312882[/snapback]

where do i hunt :(?

I'm sure the quality is going to be bad.  I've stopped thinking Toynami just might get it together.  Once you accept that and have a little super glue on hand, it's no big deal.  The arm on my red alpha fell apart right out of the box.  I just laughed it off and glued it back.

That one pic does look make the combo look funky.  It looks like there are parts facing all kinds of directions.  I just hope the whole thing stays together without failing apart easily.

312811[/snapback]

You're absolutely right. At first I was dissapointed about Toynami's Legioss because there are other alternatives like quality Gakken ones.

The fact they are the first one to make a variable legioss and tlead combinable did make a turningpoint. This makes it so cool and interesting that some quality loss and stirdyness (which hopefully can be solved easily) can be considered acceptable. :)

I hope the pricetags of the legioss are going down when the tlead does its entry.

Edited by Kin

CoryHolmes Posted Today, 03:35 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if the price went up, actually. Since once the Beta comes out, the demand for Alphas is going to go up as well.

I think it already has :) , just check out the threads in the wanted section of the boards!

Edited by connor99

I wouldn't be surprised if the price went up, actually. Since once the Beta comes out, the demand for Alphas is going to go up as well.

I think it already has :) , just check out the threads in the wanted section of the boards!

313028[/snapback]

He's right even i want one again,

but what i'll do this time is NOT transform them (there seems to be a x15 transforming limit on them). :angry:

but let them both in fighter mode connetc them and put them behind glass as a diecast high deatil model :p

how long before they come out?

Edited by gilermo

313028[/snapback]

He's right even i want one again,

but what i'll do this time is NOT transform them (there seems to be a x15 transforming limit on them). :angry:

but let them both in fighter mode connetc them and put them behind glass as a diecast high deatil model :p

how long before they come out?

313408[/snapback]

Yeah heheh! I still got a Gakken to toy with.. :rolleyes:

Would be great (but highly unlikely) if they made a full Legios-Tread box set all-in-wonder...maybe with a custom paint scheme.

Don't get me wrong, I nearly despise my Shadow Alpha for all of its faults, but a box set of both together would be a nice display piece as long as it stayed in the box!

Would be great (but highly unlikely) if they made a full Legios-Tread box set all-in-wonder...maybe with a custom paint scheme.

Don't get me wrong, I nearly despise my Shadow Alpha for all of its faults, but a box set of both together would be a nice display piece as long as it stayed in the box!

313463[/snapback]

Still it is kinda scary to see so much poeple posting about the faults. But I certainly hope the Tlead would be a good solid piece.. since it is not so complicated with transforming.

niomosy Posted Today, 01:54 PM

(gilermo @ Jul 17 2005, 01:41 PM)

does anyone know when the beta's will be will be ready for shipping?

hope not as long as the alpha's

Given that this is Toynami, I'd have to say that we won't see it for a while still. I'm fully expecting it to be about another year or so. Possibly longer if they have to keep changing things up.

That's good! With all of the good stuff that's coming out (1/48 CF, SOC VOLTES, 1/48 GBP,etc...), I'm gonna need time to save up for the BETA :D !

312239[/snapback]

Crap, I forgot about the 1/48 GBP. That means I'll finally need to pick up a 1/48 and get the GBP plus the Beta. I guess I'll be saving less for that 7-str bass than I was hoping ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Using previous the release of info on the MPCs as an example, IMO we've seen 90% of the all the info that'll be released about the MPC Beta in 2005, the remaining bits being magazines telling us what we already know and showing us what we've already seen, and maybe Toynami studio shots of the prototypes.

edit: delete.

just woke up.. posted in wrong thread.. hehe.

so... how about that Tread? nice eh? :p

Edited by Guppy

I really don't believe it.. I did it again. I am really not doing this on purpose!

*humblest apology bows*

Edited by Guppy

Alright.

My VFA-6H just arrived....how to you get the rear landing gear doors open? There's nothing for grab onto!  :angry:

318018[/snapback]

There's this teeny weeny little latch you can grab hold of.. quite teeny weeny though. Be careful of the rear landing gear -- if the foot is sagging down (due to diecast weight) it would prevent the gear from coming down fully.

Alright.

My VFA-6H just arrived....how to you get the rear landing gear doors open? There's nothing for grab onto!  :angry:

318018[/snapback]

There's this teeny weeny little latch you can grab hold of.. quite teeny weeny though. Be careful of the rear landing gear -- if the foot is sagging down (due to diecast weight) it would prevent the gear from coming down fully.

318315[/snapback]

Did you know I'm a proffesional nailcustomizer? Just sent me a cast of your fingernail and I'll make u a fine custom one to let you accurately peel your landing hatch for a lousy $100,-.... just kidding :lol:

Isn't there a way to tie the hatch from the inside with a thin wire so you only have to pull the rope to open it?

Edited by Kin

Isn't there a way to tie the hatch from the inside with a thin wire so you only have to pull the rope to open it?

318350[/snapback]

Well, yeah, but it requires you be gutsy enough to drill two holes in your $80 Masterpiece Alpha, and use superglue or worse, plastic glue on the hatches, and of course to marr the finish with a pair of bent paperclips....

No guts, no galaxy, they say. :D:lol::D

Well I just got me MPC alpha today..............................

MASTER PIECE OF CRAP!!!!!! is more like it I have seen bootlegs with better looking paint jobs & locking parts. I am so sending this thing back, I can't belive this thing cost me $80.00. Then I'm going to buy one of the old modal kits, build and paint it my self ( I can't paint color by numbers :ph34r: ) and I still have a better looking toy.

PS. They spent more money detailing that stupied box( Which is realy hella nice) than the toy I'm talking like 70% 30%.

PIECE OF JUNK................ :angry:

Edited by Skull 0ne

Funny, mine are pretty sweet. I never spent MSRP on them though... most I ever spent was $60. The old models are hard to build in a manner that looks nice... very difficult indeed. Seriously, stand your MPC next to an old Gakken... it should put the Gakken to shame... then again, they apparently do have a lot of quality control issues so maybe you just got a bad one.

Funny, mine are pretty sweet.  I never spent MSRP on them though... most I ever spent was $60.  The old models are hard to build in a manner that looks nice... very difficult indeed.  Seriously, stand your MPC next to an old Gakken... it should put the Gakken to shame... then again, they apparently do have a lot of quality control issues so maybe you just got a bad one.

320296[/snapback]

Well... someone on this forum did manage to restyle his gakken and it LOOKS AWESOME... I can't find that topic. He posted some pics using his cellphone.

OK, slight problem here. Now that I know the Beta is eventually coming, I have definitely been bitten by the "gotta have an Alpha" bug. The problem is that I only want the blue one (Scott's), but I've read that they have the worst quality of them all thus far. I've never even seen one of these in person, so I'm very reluctant to drop the cash to buy one sight unseen. Does anyone know if there's been word as to whether or not these will be reissued? Anyone know? If I could find a blue one for a decent price, I'd go ahead and buy one now...

You should be able to find them for $65 pretty easy. They won't be reissued. I don't know if all 15K have been shipped yet but they were all built at about the same time and all have the same build quality. I own three of them and my only really buggy one is the lowest serial number (has the different color front vents). The other two I have are in the 5000 range and they are both pretty sweet. Just treat it like a highly detailed model and not a toy and you should be alright.

Just picked up a Shadow Alpha for $60 at Otakon convention this weekend. I really wanted Scotts or Lancers Alpha, but all those I saw were still running $80. I had the shadow out and it is really, really cool. After all the crap I have been hearing I was expecting alot worse. It feels surprisingly heavy with the diecast. And my paint and joints are just fine.

Now I just have to wait for the blasted Shadow Beta to come out to really make it shine--

You should be able to find them for $65 pretty easy.  They won't be reissued.  I don't know if all 15K have been shipped yet but they were all built at about the same time and all have the same build quality.  I own three of them and my only really buggy one is the lowest serial number (has the different color front vents).  The other two I have are in the 5000 range and they are both pretty sweet.  Just treat it like a highly detailed model and not a toy and you should be alright.

322145[/snapback]

Well then, by all means, where can I get one for $65? That's exactly the price range I was hoping for.

Sorry, don't know the name of anybody off the top of my head but it shouldn't be hard to snag 'em off Evilbay for around there. I'm currently not allowing myself to shop around :(

Well then, by all means, where can I get one for $65? That's exactly the price range I was hoping for.

322195[/snapback]