Transformers Thread 2

Dangard Ace

Hey guys, don't you think that MP-01 Prime's grey gun is perfect for Magnus and vice-versa ? I look forward to getting my MP-02 :lol:

Great pose with Energon Galvatron, ComicKaze. I'm actually more interested in that now than a mere Prime repaint. :)

Saw Galvy in TRU several times, but passsed him on. Hasbro really has to learn how to pose its toys in more dynamic fashions on its boxes!

Heads-up!

mmm... did the "ear-plug" fall or it doesn't come with one? My MP-01 left earplug fell and got lost after 2 days :( Did that happen to anyone?

~Tico

ear plug? my mp 01 didnt come with one?

Heads-up!

mmm... did the "ear-plug" fall or it doesn't come with one? My MP-01 left earplug fell and got lost after 2 days :( Did that happen to anyone?

~Tico

Well, there weren't any "ear-plugs" to seal off that ear hole, but there are a coupla rubbery thingeys seaed in a small plastic bags that might be used to plug it in.... but they were black in color and i tot i'd wanted to keep magnus all white... so i din really care abou it.

More pics after I get home. :)

Finally got a Ravage (I missed Tracks completely). They also had a Shockwave, which I really wanted. I bought Ravage since I already had Jazz and didn't have a vette of any kind. I hope it's still there later this week though ... :(

I did the exact opposite of you. I found a Ravage and a Shockwave, but I opted for Shockwave because the head design on Ravage looked gay. Now, Ravage is the only one I'm missing until they come out with more.

I'm opting out of Ultra Magnus. Don't want to pay another hundred just for him. I already have two Primes anyway (1 Takara, 1 Hasbro). One for bot mode, one for cab+trailer.

Heads-up!

~Tico

Well, there weren't any "ear-plugs" to seal off that ear hole, but there are a coupla rubbery thingeys seaed in a small plastic bags that might be used to plug it in.... but they were black in color and i tot i'd wanted to keep magnus all white... so i din really care abou it.

a lot of people have been asking about thsoe rubbery things on other boards and dont know what they're for. The manual says they're for the trailer and i've been using them for that.

also, some reviewer said MP OP couldn't pose well? i spent an hour and a half putting op in a ton of neato cool awesome KAZOWY-BANG-BOOM-SHAZAM poses yesturday, so i dont know what they're talking about.

MP OP rules! i use him to talk to my girlfriend - i love that button on the back of his head...

sigh...

i'm a loser...

PICT0013.JPG

(my MP-01 :D )

PICT0014.JPG

(perfect ear)

PICT0015.JPG

(missing earplug :( )

So has anyone found this problem? Now that I think about it, I don't even know if both came when I took it out of the box...

~Tico

Edited by Tico0001

PICT0015.JPG

(missing earplug  :( )

So has anyone found this problem? Now that I think about it, I don't even know if both came when I took it out of the box...

~Tico

I'm pretty sure that all the Hasbro/Takara Optimus Primes are like that, i.e., missing an "ear-plug."

Edited by Sephiroth

Heads-up!

~Tico

a lot of people have been asking about thsoe rubbery things on other boards and dont know what they're for. The manual says they're for the trailer and i've been using them for that.

also, some reviewer said MP OP couldn't pose well? i spent an hour and a half putting op in a ton of neato cool awesome KAZOWY-BANG-BOOM-SHAZAM poses yesturday, so i dont know what they're talking about.

MP OP rules! i use him to talk to my girlfriend - i love that button on the back of his head...

sigh...

i'm a loser...

He CAN pose well, but his legs are pretty heavy, so its hard for him to hold some very very dynamic poses without him falling over. This is just a minor complaint, this toy is no brick whatsoever and the articulation rocks ass. Maybe the reviewer was talking about the balance issues not necesarily the posing.

I did a bunch of tests and experiments with mine and most of the poses I put him in utilizing his legs for dynamism resulted in him falling over. Oh well, the diecast more than makes up for it though it does cause the balance problems. better some than none! diecast rules.

The "real" Masterpiece Ultra Magnus!!!

:blink::blink::blink:

TRANSFORMEABLE TRAILER FOR MP-02 ULTRA MAGNUS

Takara and Hasbro need to hire this guy!

wow!!! this would be the only reason for me to pick up an MP-02 ultra magnus..... MMMMazing..... !!! talented talented folk......haha....

you guys should see the cardboard trailor i've been trying to make for my 20th prime out of an IKEA lamp box... haha!! It has a door and everything!!

maybe if i finish it.. i'll post it... but i'd be too embarrass to show it off compared to all the other kitbashers and stuff around

PICT0015.JPG

(missing earplug  :( )

~Tico

I'm pretty sure that all the Hasbro/Takara Optimus Primes are like that, i.e., missing an "ear-plug."

Really???? That's weird! And no one has mentioned this before? I hate the way optimus look, in my case, from his right side... I don't like seeing his inner ear... :unsure:

I was thinking about "acquiring" an extra earplug somehow.. any ideas? Besides buying another MP-01 that is...

~Tico

Edited by Tico0001

how can they call that a magnus without the armor? just a white prime IMO i bet it still has the pics of BB and SS under the arm screens

On the box, one of them is shown as being Prime pointing. I don't have a clue who might be on the other arm screen. Maybe Thundercracker?? :lol:

how can they call that a magnus without the armor? just a white prime IMO i bet it still has the pics of BB and SS under the arm screens

I heard that it's based off the Dreamwave comics where UM is just a white Prime.

Ultra Magnus has been a white prime for a REALLY LONG TIME

Infact there were G1 toys with a white optimus prime, I thought it was a bootleg, but apprently it wasn't.

Course the first time I saw that was 11 years ago when I was playing Transformers with a neighbor boy calling it Optimus Prime.....almost beat the crap outta him for it....

He CAN pose well, but his legs are pretty heavy, so its hard for him to hold some very very dynamic poses without him falling over. This is just a minor complaint, this toy is no brick whatsoever and the articulation rocks ass. Maybe the reviewer was talking about the balance issues not necesarily the posing.

I did a bunch of tests and experiments with mine and most of the poses I put him in utilizing his legs for dynamism resulted in him falling over. Oh well, the diecast more than makes up for it though it does cause the balance problems. better some than none! diecast rules.

well, in that case i agree - if op's can pose on one leg. but most toys can't anyways, cept maybe some stikfa's or BT/alt hound.

i had op standing on his tippy toes, so i'm amazed at how many different poses you can do with the amount of diecast on him anyways.

in regards to ear plugs - i dont think there was any ever? i can't find a pic showing his right side with a plug, so i doubt there's one in existance. The MP came with some black plug like things, but that was for the trailer.

I haven't done many action posses with OP, but its hard to believe that Magnus would have problems since the only thing different is the paint job, he's virtually the same blasted mold.