Transformers Thread 2

Dangard Ace

Anyone remember the thread I started a while ago about whether to get MPC Optimus or the Escaflowne Transforming Guymeleft? Well I wound up buying both. Possessing both toys today, I wish I could travel back in time and bonk my former self over the head. Escaflowne is a piece of &@#(^$*@#&$)(@#*($)*#@()$@#!!!! Optimus, on the other hand, is goodness, sheer goodness.

You should hit yourself over the head with MPC Prime. Knock some sense into ya.

Hehehehehe.

I keed. I keed. :lol:

Yeah, but don't do it with the Esca 'cause you'll just kill yourself.

It's definitely the worst Yamato toy I own, but for the price I paid (Y3000) I don't really mind. Had I paid what Yamato thinks it's worth, which is like two and a half times more, then I'd be majorly pissed off.

Looks like the Takara MP-02 is out overseas. Anyone going to get it?

I have 2 MPOP so I gonna change my MISB one against MPUM :lol:

Is that grumpy bear? Did they make grumpy bear as a reissue?

Dunno if you're serious but there are reissues of most 80s toys now. That's one of them. Somebody got me "Cheer Bear" (yellow sunchine one). <_< That pic is just wrong on so many levels.

OK. I actually have the Sunshine bear one, and I think he's called Funshine Bear. Cheer Bear, I believe, has a rainbow on his/her stomach.

This thread is going kaput ...

post-26-1112421463_thumb.jpg

I went shopping today, probably shouldn't have 0_o....but I went to Fredmyers in Tualitin....nothing....well there was Sideswipe and Smokescreen. So I left there and went into Canby, that's where I got my first two Alternators.

And I thought, "heh six times these last 3 weeks I've been here and nothing but Energon." THEN WHAM! I found Jazz, and there were a few more in the back so I picked 'em up and started looking and then double wham! Grimlock!

So I couldn't give up the temptation and I picked 'em both up.

Instructions are Jazz are a bit odd, they don't even talk about the heals at all which I noticed were bitched about earlier.....they really didn't list 'em.

But it took me 5 minutes to figure out how the legs went cause I read the instructions wrong.

I just opened up Grimlock, so I haven't messed around with him at all, but damn I love the car mode, the steel color is fantastic and I only found 1 imperfect on the paint and its on the hood...lil overlap...I can probably carefully sand it off.

So I need Hound and Dead End, Tracks, and Ravage and I'm caught up....

I'll try and get pictures later!

OK. I actually have the Sunshine bear one, and I think he's called Funshine Bear. Cheer Bear, I believe, has a rainbow on his/her stomach.

Yeah this is slightly off topic but it's the fault of that evil April Fools joke. You are correct. I do have Funshine and my sister has Cheer Bear (not that I could ever really know the difference). The only one I ever knew and cared for was Grumpy next to Braveheart Lion as a child.

BTW I saw Transformers: Energon for the first time yesterday. I'm speechless because while I didn't curse the TV like I did Armada it was very wretched. I still like some of the designs like the Constructicon-Maximus which is the only toy I own from this series.

Grimlock isn't bad in Robot mode but I can't change him back into his car mode....if I can just figure out how to get the arms tucked into the right place I'd be set.....but the illustrations just feel so damn off and confusing that I can't get it....

Grimlock isn't bad in Robot mode but I can't change him back into his car mode....if I can just figure out how to get the arms tucked into the right place I'd be set.....but the illustrations just feel so damn off and confusing that I can't get it....

Some one on the 2005 forums had the same problem. Check the pictures in this thread. The pictures are a few posts down.

He's deffinately a cool toy, but it takes a few times to get the hang of his transformation.

I've noticed if you don't transform them a few times a week or so, you can really forget what your doing, but I did figure it out by REALLY CLOSELY looking at the picture going "Wait...ooooooh its all about angle!" ....when I transform them I generally shoot the breeze and not look at the instructions cause I'll figure out something that makes it go quicker....so this was a troublsome deal.

However I can transform Jazz without help, he's very simple.

I look for visual clues when transforming them back to car mode. The trick I use on Grimlock is knowing where the front wheels have to end up so I use that to figure out the arm position. It can take a while but it never fails. Grimlock is one of the trickiest since there are so many joints around the arms. This one takes me a good 10 minutes if I haven't transformed it for a month or so.

The fun of Transformers for me is figuring out the transformation. I view it as a problem solving exercise. I didn't look at the instructions as a kid and still avoid it as much as possible.

Edited by Matt Random

To be honest, I almost want to go back on the hunt again since I'm not gonna be driving to Seattle and instead I'm carpooling so I save myself atleast 60 bucks in gas or more.

Your right, Grimlock thus far probably has the most trickiest and most complex Transformation out of them all thus far.

I can pretty much transform all of them except for him by memory....Robot modes are always simple, but going back to a car, it can be difficult. However out of all of them I think Jazz, Windcharger and Sideswipe have the most simplistic.

Am I the only one here who thinks that Galaxy Force Megatron looks like the Batmobile in car mode?

(I apologize if this opinion has been expressed before. Its trivial nature has dissuaded me from employing the "search" function.)

EDIT: OK, it's been noted before. By a couple of gabillion people. Sorry.

post-26-1112570927_thumb.jpg

Edited by shiyao

Am I the only one here who thinks that Galaxy Force Megatron looks like the Batmobile in car mode?

(I apologize if this opinion has been expressed before. Its trivial nature has dissuaded me from employing the "search" function.)

EDIT: OK, it's been noted before. By a couple of gabillion people. Sorry.

and here's the gabillionth and one person to say it, yes it does look like the batmobile! ;):p:D:lol:

galvpopple9gq.jpg

:o:o:o

No way!!! I remember those things!! You tuck their head and limbs in this sack-like thing on the back and they turn into a ball!! Right?

Anyway, which TF is that?? I want it!

Tico

Energon Megatron/Superlinks Galvatron...bleh...neon colors on toys.....makes me stomach turn.

I tried it again with Grimlock, transformed him into Robot mode, THEN I tried it again to carmode.......I was unsuccessful and I got held back by some buddies wanting anime off me....damn dem leechers.

So yeah while I find Grimlocks transformation truely unique in style and design, his transformation is a total bitch and it pisses me off everytime thus far. I'm hoping as time goes on it'll get much easier. But his carmode is slick, very smooth. However, that orange interior.....