Transformers Thread 2

Dangard Ace

HEY was overdrive ever in the cartoon series? i can't remember him? if he was, anyone with tv screen shots? i can't find screenshots of him in the tv series on the net anywhere, just the original g1 toy.

no the Omnibots never appeared in the TV series, (at least i am all but certain)

chris

Originally I was going to get some PSP goodies at Walmart for kicks cause I had nothing else to do. Instead I came across a Swindle and a Windcharger and dammit.....I caved!

Windcharger while having an attractive robot form at first, seems to have some flooping feet and tends to loose his balance, not too mention his HUGe football pad like shoulders kind of ruins it all....but he looks cool.

Nothing on Swindle yet JUST opened the box, but I paid 39.97 for them both.

Originally I was going to get some PSP goodies at Walmart for kicks cause I had nothing else to do. Instead I came across a Swindle and a Windcharger and dammit.....I caved!

Windcharger while having an attractive robot form at first, seems to have some flooping feet and tends to loose his balance, not too mention his HUGe football pad like shoulders kind of ruins it all....but he looks cool.

Strange coincidence? I went to Toys R US and Walmart yesterday and the only two that were left was Swindle and Windcharger.

Swindle is kewl. I bought him a couple of weeks ago or something.

I passed on WindCharger and Grimlock. They're quite meh, imo.

Anybody knows when WheelJack's gonna be out as a domestic Alternator?

Originally I was going to get some PSP goodies at Walmart for kicks cause I had nothing else to do.  Instead I came across a Swindle and a Windcharger and dammit.....I caved!

Swindle is kewl. I bought him a couple of weeks ago or something.

I passed on WindCharger and Grimlock. They're quite meh, imo.

Anybody knows when WheelJack's gonna be out as a domestic Alternator?

According to Toyfare Wheeljack and Prowl hit May 2005.

Grimlock actually isn't that bad of a figure. He looks pretty cool when in vehicle and robot form. A local TRU here had Windcharger, Swindle and Ravage on the shelf. I got Windcharge and then went back for the others but only Swindle remains. So far, I'm only two down for the collection.

I'm not sure if it's the dumb employees or a cunning shopper, but everywhere I go and find Alts, they are never with the rest of the Transformers. They always seem to be where the ghetto radio control cars and the Hot Wheels are.

I'm somewhat offended by this statement. Jetfire was officially licensed from Takatoku. Similar licensing was made for Shockwave and Omega Supreme from other companies. The only difference is Hasbro/Takara didn't have the animation rights to Jetfire. They didn't "rip" anybody.

You got "offended" by that? Does someone in your family work for one of the mentioned toy companies or something? You really shouldn't let what I or anyone else says on here bother you so much.

My bad, offended is too strong of a response. The comment just bothered me because it was overly belligerent and accusatory. I only wanted to clarify the situation.

Fairly soon I hope....not only that but Shockwave as well.

Windcharger was okay, I can handle him, but I was REALLY dissapointed by Swindle. His transformation can be a lil confusing cause of poor instructions in my opinion...not too mention they're really not that accurate to the look of the actual toy...some scale issues there.

Also, Swindle kept fallin down cause his back side is too heavy for some reason, and I feel as though it could have been designed better, obvious flaw probably exists in Hound as well...but surprisingly I didn't see him around.

Oh well, now I got 5 Alternators and 1 MPC prime, I still got Jazz, Grimlock and Hound and Tracks to go before I'm caught up in the US release.

Fairly soon I hope....not only that but Shockwave as well.

Windcharger was okay, I can handle him, but I was REALLY dissapointed by Swindle. His transformation can be a lil confusing cause of poor instructions in my opinion...not too mention they're really not that accurate to the look of the actual toy...some scale issues there.

Also, Swindle kept fallin down cause his back side is too heavy for some reason, and I feel as though it could have been designed better, obvious flaw probably exists in Hound as well...but surprisingly I didn't see him around.

Oh well, now I got 5 Alternators and 1 MPC prime, I still got Jazz, Grimlock and Hound and Tracks to go before I'm caught up in the US release.

Yeah. If you didn't have Hound, yet, the instructions for Swindle will be a tad confusing.

fwiw, neither my Hound or my Swindle had a backside-heavy stuff that you had with your Swindle. Both my jeeps were stable and stuff.

trannyjeeps3ur.th.jpg

I think that piece is to help it stand.  The Meisters I've got can't stand on the wheels well.  :blink:    :lol:  :lol:

It's not in the i-sheet.

It's a heel-balance thing when in bot-mode.

The funny thing is that the i-sheet that came with Shockblast has Meister as the bot.

lol i noticed that too, lazy hasbro

I think that piece is to help it stand.  The Meisters I've got can't stand on the wheels well.  :blink:    :lol:  :lol:

It's not in the i-sheet.

The funny thing is that the i-sheet that came with Shockblast has Meister as the bot.

Nothing new there. The instructions for Swindle feature Hound, the one for Ravage features Tracks, and now the instructions for Shockblast(wave) feature Meister. SOP for Hasbro. Hasbro's instructions also have a tendency to skip steps that are spelled out a lot better in the Binaltech manuals.

It's not in the i-sheet.

Yeah, I know. Too lazy to unpack my BT Meisters to check the instructions. So much better then the Alts.

I caved and got Swindle this week. Still trying to find Shockwave though.

Ohh, that is too awesome. You mean they already made up the design for Bumblebee, for shame, for shame :(:(:(

Is that Jazz on the bottom? Too cool

So much for looking at things that may never be (Come one VW and Porshe...get over it! After all, these are the GOOD guys! :angry: )

Takara, put that effort into something you can make, like...the Ultra Magnus armor/trailer!

Edited by SDFcommander

wow, that looks super cool. I am getting that for sure.

Did a bit of shopping while overseas and picked up Grimlock (so cheap), blue tracks and Dead End BT's.

Also got the Soundblaster re-release because I missed out on Soundwave and can't afford him now. I have to say I like the very dark blue/almos black look over soundwave's bright blue. And Ravage and lazerbeak look cool in black. B))

wow, that looks super cool. I am getting that for sure.

Did a bit of shopping while overseas and picked up Grimlock (so cheap), blue tracks and Dead End BT's.

Also got the Soundblaster re-release because I missed out on Soundwave and can't afford him now. I have to say I like the very dark blue/almos black look over soundwave's bright blue. And Ravage and lazerbeak look cool in black. B))

Any pics of soundblaster? ;)

What could have been if Porsche and Volkswagen had given Takara the license for their cars (from the Binaltech book that just got released in Japan)

Oh sweet ass!! Now THAT'S what Jazz should've been, not this wussy Mazda RX-8. Does it say what type of Porsche? GT3, 911, Carrera? Anything but the Boxster? :lol: Hey if VW won't give up their license for BT, would RUF do it? (worked for GT2).

Bumblebee looks badass. State-of-the-art badass. No more weakest of all Autobots. Now he can maybe take on Herbie and win!

...or have a cameo in the new Herbie movie. :p

i agree how much and where to get it? is it all black and white? if there is some color pics i hope you can post a few.

chris